Skip to content
News Archives - February 2007
- Tournament Finals Begin!
- Posted on 2/28/2007 at 11:57 PM by Alex
- The finals for the $100,000 BHG Tournament have begun. All of the finalists have been flown to BHG headquarters in Timonium, Maryland, to finish the tourney. We should be hearing the results from this highly anticipated competition shortly.
View tournament standings here.
Be sure to show some support for Grunt who was once an active RoLH forumer!
- Bigger... Huger... Gamier?
- Posted on 2/20/2007 at 4:39 PM by Alex
- Big Huge Games is expanding with a new designer on the team. Ken Rolston joined BHG with his past experience from working on Elder Scrolls - working as a designer since 1982.
Ken will be putting his skills to use in designing a not-yet-announced console rpg. According to the BHG website, Ken will be leading the team through a new direction.
For more information, read about Ken Rolston here.
- Happy Valentine's Day from Rise of Legends Heaven
- Posted on 2/13/2007 at 11:15 PM by Alex
- Hey guys,
On behalf of the ROLH Staff, we would like to wish you all a very happy Valentine's Day. If you haven't checked out the forums, I suggest you do for a special treat.
- Server Downtime
- Posted on 2/13/2007 at 8:38 PM by Alex
- We have received quite a few reports that the RoL server is offline at this moment. If you are having trouble logging in to multiplayer, just wait it out. Do not reinstall your game as it will not help.
At this moment, no word has been given by BHG, so just hand on until further notice.
- Poll Roundup
- Posted on 2/13/2007 at 7:39 PM by Alex
- Coming in with th results from our previous poll, Are you looking forward to a possible RoL expansion?, 58% of visitors said they would be definitely looking forward to a possible expansion, 39% said they would look forward to it but are doubtful that there will be an expansion, the other 3% said they were fine with Rise of Legends as it is.
A new poll has been set up to see how many people use scout units efficiently. Vote here. Or, if you missed voting in the expansion poll or another previous poll, you can still do so here.
- Downloads Survey
- Posted on 2/12/2007 at 11:47 PM by Alex
- How do you like the Downloads Section at Rise of Legends Heaven? Anything you'd like to see differently? We ask that you take a minute or two and fill out this simple survey which will allow us to better our downloads section.
Thanks, any input will be appreciated.
- BHG Sponsored Screenshot Contest - Winners
- Posted on 2/11/2007 at 9:50 PM by Alex
- Dear lord! Almost forgot to put this in the news.
For all of you who have been following up on the winter-themed screenshot contest, the results are in! On behalf of the entire RoLH staff, I'd like to congratulate and thank everyone who participated in the competition. All of the screenshots were well designed and we had a suprisingly large number of RoL devs who showed up to vote.
In the end, the voting was very, very close. In third place, is Ramphastos. Only slightly beating our second place winner, is... our first place winner, storm legion with his screenshot, "The Oracle". That leaves Mediolanus's screenshot, "Mountain Mines", in second place.
- Announcing Catan Mini-Heaven
- Posted on 2/7/2007 at 6:34 PM by Alex
- With BHG's upcoming game, Catan, not far away, we have set up a mini-heaven for the game. A forum has been set up and the staff are working on a Catan gallery embedded into the RoLH site. Later on, we hope to fill this forum with additional game info, strategies, forum parties (if possible), and interviews with the devs over at BHG.
Check out the forum while waiting for Catan to come out. :)
- Another displaying of BHG artwork
- Posted on 2/7/2007 at 6:23 PM by Alex
- Big Huge Games will be displaying their concept art in the Gudelsky Gallery in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Big Huge Games is excited to announce �Sketch to Screen�, an exhibition at the Gudelsky Gallery at the School of Art + Design at Montgomery College in Silver Spring, Maryland. Set to open February 19th, the exhibition examines the active transition of concept art in modern video games and will run through March 18th.
Second in a series first exhibited at the Maryland Institute College of Art�s Rosenberg Gallery earlier in 2006, �Sketch to Screen� represents the work of the talented artists of Big Huge Games. The exhibition focuses on the concept art and impressive visual imagery of Big Huge Games� latest award-winning release of the PC Game Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends. In addition to previously displayed works, the exhibition will feature additional selections that will be presented for the first time for public viewing.
If you're interested in learning more about the creation of the beautiful concept art from Rise of Legends, this is a great showing to visit. For more information, go to the official BHG site.
- BHG Have Plans in the Console Market
- Posted on 2/5/2007 at 3:39 PM by Evolved
- Big Huge Games, the game design studio which brought us Rise of Legends and Rise of Nations, is Releasing a game - but this time for the Xbox 360! 'Settlers of Catan' is to be released soon - possibly this month! It is an immensely popular Board game, and is the creation of a German, Klaus Teuber. You can read up on it on Wikipedia. You can discuss it in this thread in our forums.
It will be released on the Xbox Live Arcade. For those who don't know, the Xbox Live Arcade is an online service that is run by Microsoft to distribute video games at prices between about $5 and $15 to Xbox Owners - in this case the Xbox 360.
This is, apparently, not the only thing they have been working on, so look lively over the next few weeks or months.