You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Desert Mystic Library
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.22 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Desert Mystic Library » New Nation Idea - The Zantuba
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Nation Idea - The Zantuba
iLord
Zekeling
(id: Lord Iarune)
posted 06-28-06 10:10 PM EDT (US)         
The Zantuba

The Zantuba are a culture of tribes from chains and groups of islands south of the the mainland of Aio that have a strong connection with their ancestors and all ancient entities. Their appearence is dark skinned or tan skinned, and different types of tribal painting and tattoes cover their bodies. They are great stealth fighters and practice shamanism and and voodoo. Zantuba are led by their shamans and Warrior Kings, their form of chieftain. Some warriors of the Zantuba are mounted on loyal dinosaur like creatures native to the tropical islands. A Zantuba soldier and his mount can be lethal together.

A special factor of the Zantuba is that all of their military units can turn stealth and be invisible to all other players on the map for 30 seconds. The time of stealth can only be increased by the Ritual of Concealment.

Also, all Zantuba military units are trained in blocks or groups of various numbers. To train a group of military units, you must first sacrifice a certain number of units.

The Zantuba rely on three unique essentials for interesting gameplay: Rituals, Voodoo, and Sacrifice. In order for your people to stay strong you must conduct rituals.

Zantuba Rituals

Rituals are conducted in a special way. You must task at least one Shaman and at least 3 Ceremonial Dancers to a building called the Ritual Grove. Some rituals require more units. Once these units are tasked to the Ritual Grove, you can choose one of different dances. No more than one Shaman can be tasked to the Ritual Grove, but up to 15 Ceremonial Dancers can be tasked to the Ritual Grove. The more Ceremonial Dancers, the faster and better the ritual is performed.

These are the rituals you can conduct:

Ritual of War: The shaman lights the ceremonial pyre in the grove shrine and places ceremonial spears around the shrine. The ritual then begins. This ritual increases all military units' attack, hitpoints, and speed by 10% for every Ceremonial Dancer that is tasked to the Ritual Grove. Hero special powers regenerate faster also for each Ceremonial Dancer tasked to the grove.
This ritual requires: 1 Shaman, 3 Ceremonial Dancers

Ritual of Harvest: The shaman lights the pyre and places foods and crops all around the grove shrine. The ritual then begins. This ritual increases your timonium income by 5% for every Ceremonial Dancer tasked to the Ritual Grove. Miners also cost less and mine faster by 5% for every Ceremonial Dancer tasked to the grove.
This ritual requires: 1 Shaman, 3 Ceremonial Dancers

Ritual of Protection: The Shaman lights the pyre and places four ceremonial maks around the grove shrine. The ritual then begins. This ritual increases your buildings' HP and damage taken against heroes and air units by 8% for every Ceremonial Dancer tasked to the grove. All units also have increased HP by 5% for each Ceremonial Dancer tasked to the grove.
This ritual requires: 1 Shaman, 4 Ceremonial Dancers

Ritual of Concealment: The Shaman lights the pyre and throws in a powder to make the fire turn a dark purple. Then skulls of dinosaur creatures are placed along the shrine. The ritual then begins. This ritual increases the seconds that Zantuba military units can stay in stealth mode by 5 seconds for each Ceremonial Dancer tasked to the grove.
This ritual requires: 1 Shaman, 4 Ceremonial Dancers

Zantuba Voodoo

Voodoo is a common practice by the Zantuba Shamans. Voodoo is a very unique factor to the Zantuba can be very helpful. The only bad thing though is that it takes an incredibly long time to recharge.

In order to do Voodoo, you must click on one of your Shamans. Then you must click the command button that says "Perform Voodoo". Your Shaman will take out a crude, primitive sewed doll and ceremonial needles made out of stingray tail spines. Then a list will come up of all enemy units on the map right now. Click on one of them, and your Shaman will thrust the needle into the doll. Wherever that unit that you clicked on is, it will start slowly dieing.

Voodoo can be very helpful at times. But for stronger units, it takes them more time to die from the Voodoo.

Zantuba Sacrifice

In order to create military units, a sacrifice must be made. You can sacrifice any unit you want and a Sacrifical Pit. There are three different types of sacrifical pits that allow you to do different things. When you build a Sacrifical Pit, you must choose for it to be one of these:

Pit of Snakes- The pit is filled with poisonous snakes. Units must be sacrificed in this type of pit in order for you to create ranged units.

Pit of Fire- Fire is set ablaze in the pit. Units must be sacrificed in this type of pit in order for you to create melee units and siege units.

Pit of Thorns- Spiky thorns are placed all over in the pit. Units must be sacrificed in this type of pit for you to create mounted units.

If you don't understand this, this is what it means. To create any group of ranged units, a certain number of units must be sacrificed in a Pit of Snakes. This doesn't mean that you make one sacrifice into a Pit of Snakes and you can create all ranged units. This means that if you want a ranged unit, the sacrifices to create that ranged unit must be sacrificed in a Pit of Snakes. The same goes for all other different types of pits. I think now you understand it.

Heroes

Dabaru the Warrior King
-Tribal Screech: A war screech from Dabaru lowers enemy units' speed and morale.
-Poison Explosion: An exploding, poison fruit is thrown at enemies, bursting open and poisoning them.
-Ancestral Rage: Dabaru swings his two machetes crazily, damaging all units and cutting into machine units.
-Guillotine: Dabaru slices off the head of an enemy and rolls it back at enemies, causing them to cower in fear and some die from shock.

Zanaka the Witch Doctor
-Double Voodoo: Can cast voodoo on two units.
-Raise the Dead: The dead ancestors are raised to fight for you for 20 seconds.
-Divine Medice: Cast on a group of units or allied units to automatically heal them to full HP. Also boosts their speed by 10%
-Mystic Intervention: All enemy upgrades take twice as long as normal.

Anaconda
-Constriction: Constricts either a large amount of infantry units or a machine unit causing it to crush slowly.
-Lash of Terror: Lashes into an enemy unit. This is particular good against large machine units. Lowers morale of surrounding enemy units not killed.
-Burrow Quake: Burrows into the ground, causing an earthquake, then smashes back up, causing chunks of earth and rock to fly into enemy units and up into air units.
-Hiss of Conversion: Lets out an odd hiss that converts any enemy units near Anaconda.

Note: When Anaconda dies, he turns into Skeletal Anaconda, a skeletal version of himself. Once Skeletal Anaconda is killed, then he's killed for good.

Buildings

Mine: A basic mine of a large hut.
Units Produced: Miner

Ritual Grove: A grove of tribal trees and in the middle is a stone shrine with an obsidian carved idol placed on the top of the shrine.
Units Produced: None, used to conduct Rituals

Sacrifical Pit: A large pit in the ground with wooden spikes surrounding the outside along with ceremonial decor.
Units Produced: None, used to perform Sacrifices

Shaman Hut: A large hut with skulls hanging from the thatch top and has smoke rising from a whole in the middle of the top.
Units Produced: Shamans, Ceremonial Dancers

War Enclosure: The entrance to this structure is through the mouth of a large dinosaur's skull, and the rest is animal skins hung over the top of the dinosaur creature's ribs and spine, where the training actually takes place.
Units Produced: Macana Brave, Skull Hurler, Sharpshooter, Bone Crusher

Acropolis: Atop a large manmade hill sits a large multi-complex hut. In the acropolis thrives champion warriors and their mounts, along with other great warriors. Most technologies of the Zantuba are researched here. This structure is also provides defense, as flaming arrows are fired from hut-holes. For protection, a large amount of units can garrison inside the acropolis.
Units Produced: Sharptooth Tracker, Sharptooth Spike-Lancer, Kris Champion

Thorned Tower: A primitive sentry tower with thorns all along its base that hurt the enemies attacking it.
Units Produced: None, used for a defensive structure

Ancestral Grave-Mound: Generations of dead warriors, chieftains, and sacred animals are buried at this huge mound. Decorated all over the sides of the mound are spikes with skulls hanging from them, accompanied by torches.
Units Produced: Warrior-of-Bones, Crawling Fiend, Ancestral Sharptooth

Units

Miner: A Zantuba tribal miner.

Shaman: A tribal priest with a long, African style mask. Can conduct voodoo and rituals and empower units and buildings to be stronger and raise their stats. Has a low attack. You may only create 5 Shamans.

Ceremonial Dancer: Tribal dancers with odd garments and headpieces for rituals. Some of them randomly wield native drums in which they play during rituals.

Macana Brave: Basic infantry of the Zantuba, these warriors are painted with symbols and have bone spikes in their noses and earrings made of dinosaur creature teeth, and wield obsidian studden warclubs. These units are good against other infantry.
Trained in Groups of 5
Requires 1 Sacrifice at a Pit of Fire

Skull Hurler: Looks similar to the Macana Warrior, except wields a sling. Instead of firing rocks in their sling, they hurl skulls. These units are good against aerial units.
Trained in Groups of 5
Requires 1 Sacrifice at a Pit of Snakes

Sharpshooter: A warrior wielding a blowgun. Sharpshooters have a good range and their darts can sometimes be automatially lethal.
Trained in Groups of 4
Requires 2 Sacrifices at a Pit of Snakes

Bone Crusher: This siege soldier wields a long mabobo club. Not only is this unit good for crushing enemy soldiers, in a large mass they can raze buildings with ease.
Trained in Groups of 2
Requires 2 Sacrifices at a Pit of Fire

Sharptooth Tracker: Riding atop a fearsome velociraptor creature, the warrior that rides the beast wields a bloodstained machete. This unit is very fast and good for hit and run maneuvers.
Trained in Groups of 2
Requires 1 Sacrifice at a Pit of Thorns

Sharptooth Spike-Lancer: Having a vicious mount and an intimidating weapon is a pefect combination. This is what this unit has. Since this warrior is mounted on a fast and agile velociraptor creature, it makes it fast. It also wields a very long spike lance, a sturdy bamboo pole with hundreds of long, thorny spikes lashed on to the tip. The velociraptor creature the unit is mounted on is very disciplined by its master. From being trained, the creature has learned to leap into the air over short enemy units or cling on to tall units and dig its teeth and claws into the opposing unit, ravaging it from the outside. (Seen in various movies, such as Jurassic Park. The raptors jump on the T-rex and start ripping at it.) At a far distance, the unit can make a heavy charge at units and skewer them on the spike-lance. Use this unit wisely, as it is an elite combination of beast and man.
Trained in Groups of 1
Requires 5 Sacrifices at a Pit of Thorns

Kris Champion: Any soldier who can dual-wield two krisses is truly a champion. This unit is a warrior that has mastered the art of dual-wielding and the skill of using a feared and sacred weapon: the kris. This unit moves quite quickly and mixes martial art styles with its weapon technique. While spinning around and slashing with the krisses, shortswords that are curved and ridged with bone handles embedded with gold, the unit can also jump up in the air and kick the opponent, or perform various other fighting moves. This unit is truly strong and worthy of the sacred weapons.
Trained in Groups of 1
Requires 5 Sacrifices at a Pit of Fire

Warrior-of-Bones: This unit is a skeletal warrior from the past, raised from death and its eternal resting place at the Ancestral Grave-Mound. Can be upgraded to Decayed Warrior-of-Bones, in which it obtains rotting entities and a green tint to its bones, as well as raise its attack but lower its speed. Can also cut an opponents speed in half.
Trained in Groups of 2
Requires 2 Sacrifices at a Pit of Fire

Crawling Fiend: Various bones of skeletons of creatures and humans long since dead are joined and animated to create the crawling fiend. Three pairs of skeletal spider-type legs come out of each side of it. Various claws and bone limbs come out of it in different places, as well as three human skulls acting as its heads at the front of the creature. It is truly a hideous sight and can cloak itself in shadow for a short period of time.
Trained in Groups of 2
Requires 3 Sacrifices at a Pit of Fire

Ancestral Sharptooth: You already know of the two elite units of the Zantuba, the Sharptooth Spike-Lancer and the Kris Champion. Even stronger than both of those is the Ancestral Sharptooth, a skeleton of a giant sharptooth from the far ancient times, brought back to life to fight for you as your super unit. Ancient Bones can stomp units to the ground, dealing heavy damage to them. Another ability of his is letting out a deafening roar, scaring all units and causing them to paralyze in fear for a short duration of time. When destroyed, the bones of the Ancestral Sharptooth lay in a heap, but are split and reanimated into 3 Skeletal Sharptooths, normal sharptooths but only skeletal. They die for good after that.

City Districts-

Military District: This district increases your nation's population cap, and increases the city's defensive firepower. Gives free Macana Warriors.

Economic District: This district increases the number of caravans you can have, as well as your resource collection and trade income capacity for the city.

Ceremonial District: This district increased the amount of Ceremonial Dancer you can task to a Ritual Grove to 20. Shamans also have higher strength and hitpoints by 20% and units inflicted with a Voodoo curse die faster.

Palace District: This district upgrades the city, expands it size, and upgrades all districts within it.

Nation Power: Guardian Tree-

A gigantic tree that looks like a much thicker (by about 100 feet) Kapok Tree rises from the ground. Its roots span very far. When standing under the Ygarwa Tree, units are slowly healed. When in the spanse of the Ygarwa Tree's roots, units have an increased strength bonus by 25%. Some roots also rip out of the ground and attack any enemy units that pass them.

׺°˜`°º×ALL HAIL THE UNCLELAND!׺°˜`°º×[/ind]\

[ind]Help to reveal the Dumbo Conspiracy to the World!

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 07-11-2006 @ 04:46 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Glassmage
Zekeling
posted 06-28-06 10:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22       
OMG! This race is too complicated. While you are busy trying to sacrifice and order your units to break it down, your opponent would probably kick your ass by then. lol

Good idea for a race though!

you can't spell 'ignorance' without IGN.
Scorpian Rider
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 11:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 22       
sounds like a cool nation.... but seems a little comlicated umm just wondering do u work for big huge games? are these nations really ganna be in a secound game? or are u just coming up with some ideas???
iLord
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 11:43 AM EDT (US)     3 / 22       
Just coming up with ideas...if I did work for Big Huge Games, which I very much wish so, I would make sure that atleast two new factions make the expansion. (Zantuba and Kahan)

Glassmage, I had to add the sacrifice. Voodoo and Rituals make them quite strong and unbalanced. So that players don't just rely on Voodoo and Rituals, I had something to make it that military units have to be created using sacrifices. It's not that complicated, really...you put the units in the pit, they die. It's basically that.

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 06-29-2006 @ 11:46 AM).]

Scorpian Rider
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 11:57 AM EDT (US)     4 / 22       
if u put it that way its not that bad cuse i really like the units in this nation and the vodoo is really cool but i would like to kno the powers or "abilities" of the king kong master unit.... o by the way i like these nations but u should also think of the other side of of the game... technology maybe a nation of fallen robots that were left to rust. u can make a story for it to like the vinci were trying out a new brand of robots with complete artifical intellegence but they were rejected and left to rust, but somehow they rose up and created a nation of machines run by machines... ya kno a technology nation could be like that... just putting ideas on the table

[This message has been edited by Scorpian Rider (edited 06-29-2006 @ 12:04 PM).]

iLord
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 12:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 22       
The master unit is not King Kong, but he does resemble a gigantic god-like gorilla. I'll describe more of his abilities. Anyway, I already have the Kahan, the Zantuba, and Shala and I created the Xiyao. I think I'm done with factions for now...

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 12:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22       
Sounds too much like a Moon Gorilla for my liking.
iLord
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 12:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22       
Moon Gorilla? Might I ask what that is?

Anyway, I just realized I did post the super-units abilities. If you read the whole description, I put them in their.

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 06-29-2006 @ 12:17 PM).]

Scorpian Rider
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 12:20 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22       
o yeah i forgot about the moon gorrila but that isnt a master unit, it is a unit of the coutl and it has no abilities o and for those who dont kno what moon gorrial is its a unit found in the moon center on the moon map u can get it after capturing the moon fort it does is kinda similar to the king kong type unit maybe u should change the master unit to a giant dinosaur

[This message has been edited by Scorpian Rider (edited 06-29-2006 @ 12:23 PM).]

iLord
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 12:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22       
I think a giant skeletal dinosaur would be even cooler.

Scorpian Rider
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 12:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22       
sounds good to me but i still think u should try out that fallen robot nation but if u dont want to w.e maybe ill try it out
iLord
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 12:29 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22       
Actually, for now I'm going to keep it the gorilla type creature. Because if I changed it I would have to make a completely new building, change Zanaka the Witch Doctor's last power, and I don't really feel like doing that at the moment.

Scorpian Rider
Zekeling
posted 06-29-06 12:33 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22       
o ok w.e lol
iLord
Zekeling
posted 07-11-06 04:47 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22       
Gave the Zantuba a slight make-over.

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-11-06 05:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22       
Actually the Moon Gorilla is classed as a master unit but what the hell...
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-11-06 05:30 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22       
little dark dont u think?
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-11-06 05:38 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22       
What?
iLord
Zekeling
posted 07-11-06 08:54 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22       
Little dark? What do you mean?

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 07-11-2006 @ 08:54 PM).]

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-11-06 10:55 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22       
evil and satanic kinda
iLord
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 10:27 AM EDT (US)     19 / 22       
...No.

You probably mean 'evil' because of the bones and skeletons and all that stuff. Well, just because you got some animated bones, does that necessarily mean they are evil? No. Never did I say they were evil.

And 'satanic', I don't know where you got that. I never mentioned satan once and they have nothing to do with the devil.

GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 07:41 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22       
The civ also sounds too good :P. I mean, those rituals are just DAMN. If you have a maxed-out war ritual or whatever, your guys move at TRIPLE their normal speed, have TRIPLE hitpoints, and do TRIPLE damage! That's just crazy!

Also, what would the point of building more than 1 ceremonial district be?

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 08:08 PM EDT (US)     21 / 22       
no its the voodoo and the sacrifices and mostly thst stuff maybe tune that down alittle

and for the voodoo a list of every unti on the field maybe only the large units but if some 1 has an army ready u would know it and its alot to look through but for the master units and the heros to be able to use it on them is just overpowerd

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 07-12-2006 @ 08:11 PM).]

iLord
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 10:06 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22       

Quote:

The civ also sounds too good :P. I mean, those rituals are just DAMN. If you have a maxed-out war ritual or whatever, your guys move at TRIPLE their normal speed, have TRIPLE hitpoints, and do TRIPLE damage! That's just crazy!

Also, what would the point of building more than 1 ceremonial district be?

The rituals provide a unique way of play for the Zantuba. I guess I should tone them down a little.

I guess I'll have to do another make over of them soon.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames