You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Desert Mystic Library
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Desert Mystic Library » Rise of Legends forum roleplay?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rise of Legends forum roleplay?
HippoInTheHouse
Zekeling
posted 08-01-06 00:16 AM EDT (US)         
If I hadn't made it completely clear that I hate the campaign's complete failure at going into the back story of Aio... well... then I guess I just had.

So, to remedy this, I think we should create some sort of roleplay, just to see how everyone interprets a world of magic, technology, and aliens.

But, of course, the setting isn't very well-described in the game and there is no literature beyond the game to refer to and I'm not a very old and grizzled veteran role player.

So, how do we feel about a roleplay based on Aio? And how would we get it off the ground? Who wants to help? To participate?

I AM NOT HIPPO. I am Monocular (Vinci), ManWithThreeKidneys (Alin), and Thunderstick (Cuotl).
AuthorReplies:
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 08-01-06 00:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
I'll participate when I get the time
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 08-01-06 03:46 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
I think some of storm legions stories about the cuotl infantry going on missions and such is a good way to imagine it all, maybe people could choose a race and they would become that race's infantry unit, sometimes choosing to do things to improve themselves or go on trips around Aio together and such.
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 08-01-06 07:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
Well when I can be bothered I'm going to redo the start of the Cuotl Campaign so it's better explained etc.
iLord
Zekeling
(id: Lord Iarune)
posted 08-01-06 10:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
I'd definately be in.

I'm in a roleplay at BFME2H and I'm starting one soon at AOE3H, but I can always play another one.

׺°˜`°º×ALL HAIL THE UNCLELAND!׺°˜`°º×[/ind]\

[ind]Help to reveal the Dumbo Conspiracy to the World!

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 08-01-2006 @ 10:22 AM).]

Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 08-01-06 11:34 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
When you're ready and it's all planned with enough interest. Make a new thread to start the RPG and I'll sticky it.

HippoInTheHouse
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 03:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
Right now, I'm thinking if we're to make a truly fun roleplay, we'd have to create or, if you want to put it this way, bastardize, some of the background information on Aio.

I think the first step to making this roleplay is for everyone to establish a sort more fleshed out background materials. My idea is for people who want to contribute to write what they think about this or that, or even create new stuff (new Vinci city-states would probably be appropriate) and then we take common consensus as well as what little info we have from the game itself to decide what concepts we're going to use.

We know very little about daily lives of everyone, especially the Alin. Vinci appears to be somewhat like our modern society, but somehow with more primitive but, at the same time, more advanced technology. Robots (Clockwork) appear to be relatively new technology, because so many of them appear to be from the prototype factory (including the miners). But also, the existence of prototype factories seems to indicate that the Vinci are a civilization constantly inventing and reinventing itself. I imagine their inventions being something like our computer technology, a new version of the same thing comes out every month or so and machines are obsoletized pretty much as soon as you start using them (okay, that's an exaggeration... )

What the daily life of an Alin is like... no clue.

As for Cuotl, their ability to Subjugate seems to imply that all the Cuotl are brainwashed, or that rebellious people are brainwashed. Other than that, no apparent info, except maybe they're all religious fanatics.

What I'm also interested in is the inner workings of the Vinci and Cuotl machines. I expect the Alin would create units by summoning them through their magic circles, assuming there's a group of magicians or one magician at the circle doing the summoning. But how big is a juggernaut crew? What's the inside of an Air Destroyer look like? Are Sun Idols robots or are they piloted?

So... yeah... start writing stuff >

I AM NOT HIPPO. I am Monocular (Vinci), ManWithThreeKidneys (Alin), and Thunderstick (Cuotl).
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 06:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
Sun Idols shoul be remotely controled by whomever issued their creation, kinda like a mind connection with it but it would be through an implant in said person's brain so he would be the one that stays at the sanctuary/fane (I belive all the temple units to be crewed, by one sole person).

A Juggernaut crew could be something like the crew for an Abraham tank like 5/6 people tops and an air destroyer not more than 3 (pilot, co pilot, and an engineer for any mechanical difficulty), alin should have the same mind link but instead with the units beeing linked to the magician, the circle would be linked to him so that he could issue comands to create new units at any given time kinda like a general on a battlefield.

About the Cuotl brainwash, well that depends if you want to make the Cuotl like they are at the beggining of the campaign or at the end.

[This message has been edited by Czin_Minion (edited 08-02-2006 @ 06:54 AM).]

Glassmage
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 11:08 AM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
Because we don't know anything about Alin's daily lives, it would be good to make something up. I want to play this if someone is willing to start it.

you can't spell 'ignorance' without IGN.
iLord
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 11:21 AM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
I volunteer to start it. It may be a while, though, since I am in a RP at BFME2H and I'm starting one at AOE3H.

AlinSlave
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 12:13 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
Im in.

Also, I think the cuotl is kind of like the german holy order with more advanced technology ^^

iLord
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 07:56 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
Alright, since I volunteered to make the roleplay, what do you guys want it to be about:

Something where most of the characters form something like a fellowship and go to stop some sort of evil force?

...All out war?

Tell me so I can start writing this up.

Glassmage
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 09:11 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
I like all out wars better. All 3 races have uneasy alliance and at war with other races. We can roleplays as leaders or heroes of the 3 races.

you can't spell 'ignorance' without IGN.
HippoInTheHouse
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 10:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
You can make it whatever you think would work best. I'm assuming that the first couple of RP's made would be experimental (or incredibly successful?). We can always start afresh when one thing or another goes wrong.

Anyways, I've got some new ideas for background story.

Cuotl society is probably divided like the Greek city-states (but without the infighting) into different regions with different patron gods. In the campaign, the different Cuotl gods' lands had different colors while, in the Alin campaign, the Dark Alin all shared one color, so I'm thinking there's some sort of division between the Cuotl gods.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that Czin is the leader of the gods, so that's his spiel. I suppose the God of Death would be the main war god.

Shok appears to be some kind of fertility goddess, from her rain, and also a war goddess because of her lightning.

Xil is supposed to be the best engineer of the Cuotl gods, so he might be a god of learning (a la Apollo, Athena, Thoth, etc), and also a war god for his sun-cannon-frying-people thingy-aspect.

As for juggernauts, I envision them as sorts of mobile fortresses the size of large buildings (aren't they about the size of a district?). They would probably be powered by steam, so that means boilers with people shoving coal into it. A captain is probably necessary, who's in charge of a large crew. Should there be auxiliary weapons aside from the main cannons on a juggernaut? Perhaps there is even a crew, and juggernaut-on-juggernaut battles are fought by boarding? Note that the juggernaut represented in the game used to be a medium-sized unit. Its size was blown up to make it a large unit, but I don't think it accurately represents a beast of its size.

As for Vinci aerodrome thingies, I don't think they're used much by conventional Vinci. The Pirata Flyer, of course, is exclusively Pirata. The Air Destroyer/Cruiser appears to be exclusively Pirata as well, from a cutscene in the campaign. Cargo dirigibles? I'm not sure. Would the proper Vinci states (Miana, Venucci) also have flyers of some sort? Dunno.

From the way Venza and Lenora have completely different flyers, and from the fact that the Pirata appear to be a bandit/mercenary organization, perhaps pirata we want to depict would also have custom flyers?

iLord
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 10:33 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
Alright, Sign-ups will be up tonight.

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 10:39 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
i dont compltly get it but sure ill be in
HippoInTheHouse
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 04:27 AM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
We should compile some sort of list with descriptions of the important locations in Aio. I can't access the game right now, so I'll start with some stuff off the top of my head.

Azar Harif (sp?) - Capital of the Alin Empire. It seems to be some sort of metropolis.

Kalahese Desert (?) - Big-ass desert where the Alin live

Silean Pass - Pass that connects the Alin and Vinci civilizations. Trade and probably banditry occurs en masse on this pass.

Miana - Probably the most advanced Vinci city-state. Definitely very strong, politically. It's mostly what we're thinking of when we're playing the Vinci in skirmish. Ruled by Petruzzo until his death.

Venucci - Big and powerful Vinci city-state ruled by "The Doge." Giacomo claims they tend to use a pound of force when an ounce of finesse would work. I imagine it as some sort of industrial wasteland (although all the high-tech Vinci states are probably industrial wastelands to some degree). They don't actually have "Imperial Musketeers" from Venucci. From the campaign, it looks like Venucci's forces would be limited to Conscripts, Doge's Elite Guard, Doge Walkers, Juggernauts, Clock Spiders, and possibly Siege Zeppelins.

Pirata Aerodrome - Appears more like a port city than an aerodrome depicted in the skirmish. Probably should be treated as a port city with pirates 'n stuff (but sky pirates instead of sea pirates) or more like a giant garage where the Pirata live.

Sand Dragon Nest (?) - Some sorta location wher the Sand Dragons live. Thuran the Sky Inferno lives here too.

Doge's big-ass massive prison - It's in the campaign... and it's a big-ass massive prison. Forgot its proper name.

The map of Frozen Standoff - Probably important somehow.

Provinces of Don Schlario and Don... other guy - One is a prospering farmland and the other is a rich Timonium mine, if I remember right. Anyways, I don't know their names, their Dons, and other stuff.

Some sort of castle from the height of Vinci civilization - I remember there being some sort of castle from the Vinci Empire (which apparently broke up) which is being fought over by two Condotierri factions. Something (Fuzo?) and Montucci.

There's a desert where people go crazy - 'Nuff said. There's a part of the Kalahese Desert with a sinister green mist and bits from a crashed Cuotl ship that make people go nuts.

And some other stuff...

It occured to me that we don't really know what Timonium is or does. I propose it could be used a catalyst to summon stuff for Alin magic, some ingredient in batteries and circuitry for the Cuotl, and maybe fuel or batteries (a la quartz... I really like the idea of Tim instead of quartz) for Vinci.

Desert Walkers are probably irregulars. I don't know why I felt like I had to throw it in there, and I really have nothing to go on, but... yeah... I'm just gonna throw that out there.

Scavengers were probably created by Distruzio. Distruzio seems to be the inventor of artificial intelligence for the Vinci? Scavengers apparently know how to make other scavengers from junk. (DESTROY ALL HUMANS DESTROY ALL HUMANS DESTROY ALL HUMANS)

From Giacomo's Journal, it appears that giant scorpions are like the horses for the Alin in daily life as well as war. Also, Alin structures are built out of sand.

Are all genies glass, or are they all *dark* glass? Sawu, the genies, and Marids all appear to be Dark Glass. Furthermore, Genies, and by extension, probably Sawu and Marids, are all immortal. They return to the place where Sawu is imprisoned when they are killed.

The Steam Punk
Zekeling
posted 08-07-06 10:20 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
I believe that for the Vinci, Timonium is the raw ore to some sort of very durable metal.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames