You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Desert Mystic Library
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.44 replies, Closed
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Desert Mystic Library » Rise of Legends Roleplay Signups
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rise of Legends Roleplay Signups
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
iLord
Zekeling
(id: Lord Iarune)
posted 08-02-06 10:48 PM EDT (US)         
Rise of Legends Role Play Signups

Most of you know, from the thread suggesting an RP, that I am know going to start one. This RP will take place in the world of Aio, where magic and technology clash in a never ending battle.

Now, I am not sure yet about what the RP will be. If it will be about all-out war, about a fellowship between characters, or what. That is why, somewhere in your application post, you most put the answer to this poll saying either Choice 1, etc., in bold, if you will:

For the RP, would you like...

Choice 1: War, battle, and ambushes between characters, where some characters make alliances and such.

Choice 2: Where characters unite to stop an evil force, or multiple forces.

Choice 3: Other, and please explain in bold what your idea for other is. Do not just say Choice 3 without your idea.

Now, for the applications:

Name(Forummer):
Contact Methods: (If any; optional)
Character Name:
Character Race: (No made-ups. It is a fiction though, so you can make up organizations and societies of a race)
Age and Sex:
Profession/Class: What are you? A Vinci inventor, a soldier, a Cuotl priest?
Appearence: Description or link to picture
Personality:
History:
Special Skills: If Alin, what are your magics? If Vinci, what are your good skills? etc.
Inventory: Your weapons, any other items of importance, a backpack, things such as that

Note: Your application can be vetoed by me, if I feel it is necessary. If your application is vedoed, I'll tell you why, and you can fix it so it is better.

׺°˜`°º×ALL HAIL THE UNCLELAND!׺°˜`°º×[/ind]\

[ind]Help to reveal the Dumbo Conspiracy to the World!

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 08-04-2006 @ 05:41 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 08-02-06 10:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 44       
I'm not gonna enter, but good luck on this.

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 00:48 AM EDT (US)     2 / 44       
Name(Forummer):electrical storm
Character Name:azzul mezed
Character Race:alin
Age and Sex:110/male
Profession/Class:magician
Appearence: basicaly like a magi fram the game
Personality:secluded keeps to himself but will be follow a leader if needed
History:spents his lifetime on learning the arts of fire know has travled across all of alin land
Special Skills:fire magic, has a elder salamander as a mount
Inventory: scimitar, flaming staff,basic medical supplies, torch, backpack, water skins(bags flled with water)

donsent matter about the scenario for me

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 08-03-2006 @ 09:52 AM).]

HippoInTheHouse
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 05:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 44       
Choice 2 looks good. Characters are Vinci, Alin, barbarian or Fallen and are perhaps trying to assassinate a Cuotl god or steal a Cuotl artifact from a corrupted Vinci or Alin leader, or maybe steal an artifact from a Cuotl god.

This is just a rough draft since we haven't settled on a scenario for the RP yet.

Forummer Name: ... You know I am -.-

Name: Vincenzo Manazizi

Race: Vinci (Pirata)

Age/Sex: 32/male

Profession/Class: Mercenary swashbuckler

Appearance: Skinny, tall guy with wiry muscles. Untidy long brown hair and blue eyes, with an extravagantly huge tricorne hat with a feather in it. Tattoo on the top of the left arm showing a naked woman that looks suspiciously like Lenora on a flyer that looks suspiciously like Lenora's flyer surrounded by "bad-ass flames."

Personality: Impatient and impulsive. Prone to daydreaming when bored, and highly energetic. Also somewhat of a sleazy character, and lecherous too. Vincenzo also has the uncanny ability to get the job done, but only as long as you didn't ask too many questions about how he did it.

History: Once a highly successful leader of a boarding squad under Venza, Vincenzo was kicked out of Venza's fleet after planning and leading a raid on a heavily guarded dirigible bringing goods to Venucci... only to find out it was a shipment of uniforms for conscripts, worthless anywhere where people have a sense of a fashion or politics.

Special Skill: As a marine (of sorts), Vincenzo is an expert at close quarters fighting. He is a great sprinter, as being able to get to hand-to-hand combat quickly is very important in an age of muskets when he uses a rapier and pistol.

Inventory: Rapier and pistol, tricorne hat, five pistols (hand pistol, vest pisol, left belt pistol, right belt pistol, and boot pistol), long coat that flaps dramatically in the wind, spyglass, belt with grenades on it (and pistols)

I AM NOT HIPPO. I am Monocular (Vinci), ManWithThreeKidneys (Alin), and Thunderstick (Cuotl).

[This message has been edited by HippoInTheHouse (edited 08-03-2006 @ 05:18 AM).]

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 07:44 AM EDT (US)     4 / 44       
Choice 1: War, battle, and ambushes between characters, where some characters make alliances and such. Probably with teams made by race, Vinci with Vinci, Alin with Alin and Cuotl with Cuotl.

Name(Forummer): Czin_Minion
Contact Methods: joao_crpf at msn dot com (add me to msn or through e-mail)

Character Name: Quetzalcoatl

Character Race: Cuotl

Age and Sex: 24/Male

Profession/Class: Cuotl Assault Soldier

Appearence: A two piece suit (suit and mask), black in color, 1,89m 89kg (without suit) black hair (only seen without mask) and green eyes (seen with mask)
Personality: Quite the loner, unless others which to form a bond of any kind, or if getting close to someone will benefit him.

History: From birth has been trained to be a soldier by order of the High Priests (either the ones that after the campaign want to continue using technology or the ones that follow the Cuotl Gods, depends on RP storyline) and is ready for full-fledged combat, part of a highly trained squad for future field-deploy. While on one fane waiting with the rest of the squad to be deployed, the fane crash landed [insert place most convenient for RP-storyline here] and after waking up is intact but has found none of his team mates.

Special Skills: Vinci and Alin basic Weapons intel (when appliable) and Cuotl weapons expert (knows how to repair and do small modifying), intermediate survival training.

Inventory: Suit with basic life-support and basic healing (against small cuts and bruises and such injuries) with its own energy generator (for shield and cloak when activated, besides other functions like interfacing with Cuotl machines). Shields are only available for short periods so that it doesn't make the energy generator malfunction though. Suit visor has night-vision and heat vision, wields a small laser cannon (the same mounted on the sun jaguar's eyes with two firing modes, constant stream like the jaguar and particle fire similar to the sentinel's) and a small laser pistol/whip, that can be a pistol like this or a whip like this

Hope thats accepted :P

[This message has been edited by Czin_Minion (edited 08-03-2006 @ 11:49 AM).]

iLord
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 10:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 44       

Quote:

Appearence: basicaly like a magi fram the game
History:spents his lifetime on learning the arts of fire know has travled across all of alin land
Special Skills:fire magic, has a elder salamander as a mount
Inventory: scimitar, flaming staff,basic medical supplies, torch, backpack, water skins(bags flled with water)

Veto. Please explain your history and appearence more, so other characters can get a really good picture of this Alin magician.

Quote:

This is just a rough draft since we haven't settled on a scenario for the RP yet.

Forummer Name: ... You know I am -.-

Name: Vincenzo Manazizi

Race: Vinci (Pirata)

Age/Sex: 32/male

Profession/Class: Mercenary swashbuckler

Appearance: Skinny, tall guy with wiry muscles. Untidy long brown hair and blue eyes, with an extravagantly huge tricorne hat with a feather in it. Tattoo on the top of the left arm showing a naked woman that looks suspiciously like Lenora on a flyer that looks suspiciously like Lenora's flyer surrounded by "bad-ass flames."

Personality: Impatient and impulsive. Prone to daydreaming when bored, and highly energetic. Also somewhat of a sleazy character, and lecherous too. Vincenzo also has the uncanny ability to get the job done, but only as long as you didn't ask too many questions about how he did it.

History: Once a highly successful leader of a boarding squad under Venza, Vincenzo was kicked out of Venza's fleet after planning and leading a raid on a heavily guarded dirigible bringing goods to Venucci... only to find out it was a shipment of uniforms for conscripts, worthless anywhere where people have a sense of a fashion or politics.

Special Skill: As a marine (of sorts), Vincenzo is an expert at close quarters fighting. He is a great sprinter, as being able to get to hand-to-hand combat quickly is very important in an age of muskets when he uses a rapier and pistol.

Inventory: Rapier and pistol, tricorne hat, five pistols (hand pistol, vest pisol, left belt pistol, right belt pistol, and boot pistol), long coat that flaps dramatically in the wind, spyglass, belt with grenades on it (and pistols)

This is perfect. I see no flaws. Your character doesn't sound overpowered or anything.

Quote:

Name(Forummer): Czin_Minion
Contact Methods: joao_crpf at msn dot com (add me to msn or through e-mail)

Character Name: Quetzalcoatl

Character Race: Cuotl

Age and Sex: 24/Male

Profession/Class: Cuotl Assault Soldier

Appearence: A two piece suit (suit and mask), black in color, 1,89m 89kg (without suit) black hair (only seen without mask) and green eyes (seen with mask)
Personality: Quite the loner, unless others which to form a bond of any kind, or if getting close to someone will benefit him.

History: From birth has been trained to be a soldier by order of the High Priests (either the ones that after the campaign want to continue using technology or the ones that follow the Cuotl Gods, depends on RP storyline) and is ready for full-fledged combat, part of a highly trained squad for future field-deploy. While on one fane waiting with the rest of the squad to be deployed, the fane crash landed and after waking up is intact but has found none of his team mates.

Special Skills: Vinci and Alin basic Weapons intel (when appliable) and Cuotl weapons expert (knows how to repair and do small modifying), intermediate survival training.

Inventory: Suit with basic life-support and basic healing (against small cuts and bruises and such injuries) with its own energy generator (for shield and cloak when activated, besides other functions like interfacing with Cuotl machines) suit visor has night-vision and heat vision, wields a small laser cannon (the same mounted on the sun jaguar's eyes with two firing modes, constant stream like the jaguar and particle fire similar to the sentinel's) and a small laser pistol/whip, that can be a pistol like this or a whip like this

Hope thats accepted :P

Veto on one thing: the shield generator should only last for a short duration of time, as it would be too overpowered to be unhittable. Other than that, sounds good. Just fix that part.

Glassmage
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 11:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 44       
Choice 1
Name(Forummer): Glassmage
Contact Methods:[I'll give you my e-mail if you want]
Character Name: Zalarfa Sedok
Character Race: Alin
Age and Sex: 25 Male
Profession/Class: Assasin/Spellcaster
Appearence: Tall, slim, wear dark blue clothes, has markings on face, brown eyes, no facial hair, yellow skin.
Personality: Mysterious and quite, Do anything for anyone for money, no feelings, no mercy. He will get the job done one way or another. Ride on a Glass manta when travel around.
History: was an orphan raised by a group of people called 'Adamant Killers'. This group is full of highly trained mages in dark glass magic once followed the corrupted Sawu, but now they will do anything for survival. Zalarfa is one of the most repsected members in this organization. He was summoned by the King to destroy leaders of rebels in the land to restore peace, but it could have been the King's head if his pocket wasn't big enough. Now, Zalarfa travel around the land, seeking, waiting,for something exciting might happen.......
Special Skills: Dark Glass magic/very good at hiding
Inventory: glass scimatas, glass staff, healing herbs, water, clothes, poison bombs, smoke bombs, illusion dust.(I'll get more items along the span of the game)

you can't spell 'ignorance' without IGN.
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 11:37 AM EDT (US)     7 / 44       
Appearence: very old very skinny with dark grey hiar and lond beard very tan skinned and tall, rides a black elder salamder name ganni
History:he started travels across alin lands when he waz merly 15 he started to learn the magics of sand, glass, and fire a year after he started trveling by that time he was deep within the kalahasse dersert he traveld north and learned the fire magics from damhur
Special Skills:fire magic, has a elder salamander as a mount, very basic sand and glss magic ablities

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 08-03-2006 @ 11:39 AM).]

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 11:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 44       
Lord Iarune the following has been added after the shield description "Shields are only available for short periods so that it doesn't make the energy generator malfunction though." It was never meant to be unlimited, just like the one in-game.
iLord
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 12:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 44       
Alright, Czin and Electrical Storm, you're both in.

As for now, I'm going to the State Fair right now, and I'll be there for quite along.

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 08-03-2006 @ 12:13 PM).]

iLord
Zekeling
posted 08-03-06 08:43 PM EDT (US)     10 / 44       
I'm back! And I have my own character right here:

Name(Forummer): Lord Iarune
Contact Methods:
Character Name: Kayuk Totemwolf
Character Race: Kahan
Age and Sex: 27, Male
Profession/Class: A very skilled Kahan hunter, warrior, heir to become the Chieftain of the Ka'ordu Tribe.
Appearence: Kayuk Totemwolf is 7 feet tall. His hair is brown and is a traditional Kahan mohawk, a sign of passing into manhood, with a rat tail hair style hanging down from the back. His face is very bold and masculine, and he is small, sort-of-squinting eyes. On his face are the various tatooes of a Kahan warrior. His shoulders are broad and thick, and on his left shoulder, is a warrior shoulder plate. He has one bearskin sash going diagnally from his shoulder to his waist. On his back is a decorated quiver filled with arrows, and also on his back is his short composite bow. Kayuk's arms are very muscular and bear Kahan warrior tatooes. His chest is also very muscular, and like most parts of his body, has the tatooes of a Kahan warrior. On his waist is a thick belt which contains pouches and Kahan tools of wilderness and tundra survival. The legs of this Kahan man are clad in cloth leggings, and on his feet are fur-stuffed bearskin boots.
Personality: Kayuk is very serious and war-like, as his Kahan heritage of war burns through his veins. He also feels a strong spiritual connection to the various spirits of the Kahan.
History: Kayuk was born in a small village of the Ka'ordu tribe in the northern tundras. There he grew up, with his father as chieftain. His father taught him how to craft bows, arrows, and tools, and taught him how to survive in the wilderness and tundra. With his father, he learned to be a great hunter.

From Kayuk's brother, Juroc, who was a warrior, he learned the art of warfare. Juroc taught the young Kayuk ancient Kahan tactics of war, how to deal with enemies, and basically how to fight. From his brother Juroc, Kayuk learned how to be a great warrior.

Last of all, it was with the tribe Spirit Chief, Yontash of the Ka'ordu tribe, who taught him the ways of the spirits and proper religious ceremonies. From this knowledge, Kayuk learned of the spiritual world.

Many years past and Kayuk practiced all three of these skills until he became what he is now. His mother and father still live in that same village, though Kayuk now wanders elsewhere.
Special Skills: Kayuk is excellant with the bow. His eyesight is very keen and he can see very far away, like a hawk. His tracking and hunting skills are also very good, as he knows many of the footprints left by animals, the ways of survival, and how to be silent when stalking a kill. Kayuk is also a very great warrior. He knows all the manuevers of good fighting and tactics. Kayuk is admired by the whole of the Ka'ordu tribe.
Inventory: On Kayuk's belt, he has pouches containing various items and tools for survival amd Kahan rockpicks for climbing up tall mountains. They also work well with ice. Like mentioned before, he wears a quiver on his shirtless body, and also has his shortbow on his back. Kayuk's melee weapon is special indeed. He calls it the Totem Maul. It is a long and thick, carved wooden club, with ridges and bumps for smashing. It is carved and painted to resemble a Kahan totem pole, though.

iLord
Zekeling
posted 08-04-06 05:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 44       
Sorry for double post, but come on, we only have 4 people! We need more!

HippoInTheHouse
Zekeling
posted 08-04-06 06:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 44       
Four seems good. One vinci, two Alin, one Cuotl, plus your Kahan.

There's always the option of starting now and taking in new people as they decide to participate... or not, and just have a game of four.

edit: Alex really needs to join!

I AM NOT HIPPO. I am Monocular (Vinci), ManWithThreeKidneys (Alin), and Thunderstick (Cuotl).

[This message has been edited by HippoInTheHouse (edited 08-05-2006 @ 03:23 AM).]

HippoInTheHouse
Zekeling
posted 08-06-06 03:25 AM EDT (US)     13 / 44       
C'mon, iArune! Let's start this thing!

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 08-06-06 11:35 AM EDT (US)     14 / 44       
still dotn completly get how this works can some 1 give me a link to one of the other hean roleplays
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 08-06-06 11:45 AM EDT (US)     15 / 44       

Quote:

still dotn completly get how this works can some 1 give me a link to one of the other hean roleplays

http://bfme2.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=15&tn=103&f=15,,0,365&st=0

JaveHarron
Zekeling
posted 08-06-06 05:31 PM EDT (US)     16 / 44       
Choice 3: Perhaps characters form some sort of ideological or political bonds based on choosing magic or technology?

Name(Forummer): JaveHarron
Contact Methods: IM (AIM is javeharron)
Character Name: Giovanni Risona
Character Race: Vinci, Maian (was with Giacomo's expedition when Doge leveled it)
Age and Sex: Late 20s/Male
Profession/Class: Vinci inventor with a strange habit (see below)
Appearence: The first thing Risona notices is that his face and head are covered by a gasmask and metal helmet (much like a Venucci conscript). The second thing one notices is that his body is covered by strange mechanical armor with gears and clockwork components all over. The third thing one notices is that every square millimeter of Risona's skin is covered by metal or leather. One does not see the man. One sees a mechanical steel shell that holds what's left of the man.

Personality: Risona is focused on the ideas of self improvement almost religiously. His desire is to know "everything" he can find on science, and then use it to make himself more efficient. While bored with Vinci technology after a while, he sets his sights on Cuotl technology. In particular, he is interested in the cloaking device, as stealth is one area he has been working to improve. His current goals are heading back to the Cuotl jungles to find some more advanced technology.

History: Risona was from the Maian middle class, and was conscripted for a while in the Maian army. There, he became familar with Vinci weapons and tactics, often working on repairing damaged clockwork spiders, and worked on improving the Clockwork Men's self repair mechanisms. During the war with Venucci, he helped Petruzzio design the Scavengers. While Petruzzio was focusing on creating an army from scrap, Risona had grander ambitions. He wanted to bridge the gap between man and machine completely. The Scavengers were a prototype for "self aware machine."

However, his ambitions were almost cut short by a blast from the Doge's Hammer. While serving with Giacomo on the assault on Venucci, his unit was blasted by the Doge's chemical shells. He was the only survivor, though barely. Being obsessed with machinery, he had Petruzzio do him a favor: put his battered, barely functional body into a mechanical one. Clockwork prosthetics were known to the Vinci, like the artificial leg given to General Carlini. Petruzzio had even put the brain of the Great Inventor into a mechanical shell he called "Zeke." However, the design behind his friend's body was a bit more humanoid in result. Using some captured Venucci gasmasks and helmets, he was able to create a respirator like device based on schematics like Pulitore's. However, Risona's were all internal.

At a glance, he would look like a completely armor clad individual. In reality, though, he was bristling with all sorts of gadgets and machinery. Risona is fairly knowledgeable on Vinci history, and learned a bit on other nations' histories due to a brain-augmentation. While no expert, he does know broad ideas (IE "Alin are masters of fire, sand, and glass magic" or "The Cuotl technology resembles magic" but not "The Alin Efreet is summoned from another plane" or "Sun Idols are constructed at a Sanctuary.") One major drawback is his complicated parts can jam at times, especially in the desert or tundra. Extremes of temperature reek havoc on his metal body.

Special Skills: A few interesting devices are placed inside Risona's body. He has a shotgun mounted in one arm, but it is a fairly weak weapon useful for last ditch defense. He does have some arm-mounted spring blades, but they are more suited for cutting wood or through jungle foliage than enemy soldiers. In addition, he can fire his blades like a grappling hook, an ability useful for escaping or even grabbing onto a fleeting aircraft. Risona does not need to worry about breathing, as his suit is pressurized to ensure his fluids do not leak everywhere. His lungs might be gone, but the chemical-recycling system he has in their place does an even better job. Risona also carries a standard rifle with him, though he often uses special ammunition, such as "shocker rounds" (small electrified darts), and tranquilizer darts (for when he wants stealth and non-lethal force). Risona can set up his rifle with a special device that operates like a mini-turret as well. However, such is only useful while he is prone or recharging. Strangely enough, some Scavengers tend to not attack Risona. Some Scavengers have even been sighted fighting alongside Risona, but this ability only works when Risona is less than a mile from nearby Scavengers.

Weaknesses: Such abilities do have costs, however. Risona's main source of power is bioelectricity, or the electrical energy his remaining tissues produce. Kept alive by a strange chemical concoction, the tissues recharge Risona's power supplies. That supplies him for a few days, until which he must recharge. When Risona recharges, he requires a whole day of little or no activity. This makes his reaction times and speed sluggish. While recharging, Risona will seek out a safe spot to "hole up in" like a cave or in a tree. Likewise, his parts can sometimes jam or fail. In such cases, Risona takes time to repair himself. While he has some self repair capacity, in depth repairs on a machine as intricate and complex as him can take even longer than recharging, depending on what's hit. A near fatal blow to the head takes a longer time to repair than a jammed hydraulic leg. Likewise, a breech in his suit's innermost parts can also spell trouble. Likewise, he is also not very stealthy, at least not until he gets a cloaking device.

Inventory: Rifle, special ammo, some replacement parts and mechnical tools in backpack, plenty of room for interesting samples or specimens

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 08-06-06 06:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 44       
nice 1^ and ty cherub alex

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 08-06-2006 @ 06:09 PM).]

HippoInTheHouse
Zekeling
posted 08-06-06 09:58 PM EDT (US)     18 / 44       
Just one thing, JaveHarron, if you're thinking of the Wayward Prodigy, the kid with red hair and the stupid grenades who fights the Doge's ally, his name is Distruzio.

Petruzzo is Giacomo's brother who got killed by the Doge in the beginning of the campaign.

iLord
Zekeling
posted 08-06-06 10:20 PM EDT (US)     19 / 44       

Quote:

Choice 3: Perhaps characters form some sort of ideological or political bonds based on choosing magic or technology?

Name(Forummer): JaveHarron
Contact Methods: IM (AIM is javeharron)
Character Name: Giovanni Risona
Character Race: Vinci, Maian (was with Giacomo's expedition when Doge leveled it)
Age and Sex: Late 20s/Male
Profession/Class: Vinci inventor with a strange habit (see below)
Appearence: The first thing Risona notices is that his face and head are covered by a gasmask and metal helmet (much like a Venucci conscript). The second thing one notices is that his body is covered by strange mechanical armor with gears and clockwork components all over. The third thing one notices is that every square millimeter of Risona's skin is covered by metal or leather. One does not see the man. One sees a mechanical steel shell that holds what's left of the man.

Personality: Risona is focused on the ideas of self improvement almost religiously. His desire is to know "everything" he can find on science, and then use it to make himself more efficient. While bored with Vinci technology after a while, he sets his sights on Cuotl technology. In particular, he is interested in the cloaking device, as stealth is one area he has been working to improve. His current goals are heading back to the Cuotl jungles to find some more advanced technology.

History: Risona was from the Maian middle class, and was conscripted for a while in the Maian army. There, he became familar with Vinci weapons and tactics, often working on repairing damaged clockwork spiders, and worked on improving the Clockwork Men's self repair mechanisms. During the war with Venucci, he helped Petruzzio design the Scavengers. While Petruzzio was focusing on creating an army from scrap, Risona had grander ambitions. He wanted to bridge the gap between man and machine completely. The Scavengers were a prototype for "self aware machine."

However, his ambitions were almost cut short by a blast from the Doge's Hammer. While serving with Giacomo on the assault on Venucci, his unit was blasted by the Doge's chemical shells. He was the only survivor, though barely. Being obsessed with machinery, he had Petruzzio do him a favor: put his battered, barely functional body into a mechanical one. Clockwork prosthetics were known to the Vinci, like the artificial leg given to General Carlini. Petruzzio had even put the brain of the Great Inventor into a mechanical shell he called "Zeke." However, the design behind his friend's body was a bit more humanoid in result. Using some captured Venucci gasmasks and helmets, he was able to create a respirator like device based on schematics like Pulitore's. However, Risona's were all internal.

At a glance, he would look like a completely armor clad individual. In reality, though, he was bristling with all sorts of gadgets and machinery. Risona is fairly knowledgeable on Vinci history, and learned a bit on other nations' histories due to a brain-augmentation. While no expert, he does know broad ideas (IE "Alin are masters of fire, sand, and glass magic" or "The Cuotl technology resembles magic" but not "The Alin Efreet is summoned from another plane" or "Sun Idols are constructed at a Sanctuary.") One major drawback is his complicated parts can jam at times, especially in the desert or tundra. Extremes of temperature reek havoc on his metal body.

Special Skills: A few interesting devices are placed inside Risona's body. He has a shotgun mounted in one arm, but it is a fairly weak weapon useful for last ditch defense. He does have some arm-mounted spring blades, but they are more suited for cutting wood or through jungle foliage than enemy soldiers. In addition, he can fire his blades like a grappling hook, an ability useful for escaping or even grabbing onto a fleeting aircraft. Risona does not need to worry about breathing, as his suit is pressurized to ensure his fluids do not leak everywhere. His lungs might be gone, but the chemical-recycling system he has in their place does an even better job. Risona also carries a standard rifle with him, though he often uses special ammunition, such as "shocker rounds" (small electrified darts), and tranquilizer darts (for when he wants stealth and non-lethal force). Risona can set up his rifle with a special device that operates like a mini-turret as well. However, such is only useful while he is prone or recharging. Strangely enough, some Scavengers tend to not attack Risona. Some Scavengers have even been sighted fighting alongside Risona, but this ability only works when Risona is less than a mile from nearby Scavengers.

Weaknesses: Such abilities do have costs, however. Risona's main source of power is bioelectricity, or the electrical energy his remaining tissues produce. Kept alive by a strange chemical concoction, the tissues recharge Risona's power supplies. That supplies him for a few days, until which he must recharge. When Risona recharges, he requires a whole day of little or no activity. This makes his reaction times and speed sluggish. While recharging, Risona will seek out a safe spot to "hole up in" like a cave or in a tree. Likewise, his parts can sometimes jam or fail. In such cases, Risona takes time to repair himself. While he has some self repair capacity, in depth repairs on a machine as intricate and complex as him can take even longer than recharging, depending on what's hit. A near fatal blow to the head takes a longer time to repair than a jammed hydraulic leg. Likewise, a breech in his suit's innermost parts can also spell trouble. Likewise, he is also not very stealthy, at least not until he gets a cloaking device.

Inventory: Rifle, special ammo, some replacement parts and mechnical tools in backpack, plenty of room for interesting samples or specimens

Pure awesome. Definately NOT veto. You're in. I wanna form a team with this dude: a Kahan hunter and warrior, with a Vinci metal-suited man who runs on bioelectricity, which is probably the most unique thing I have ever heard.

JaveHarron
Zekeling
posted 08-07-06 02:10 AM EDT (US)     20 / 44       
Darn Freudian slip. Forgot difference between Distruzzio and Petruzzio for a second. I do have some thoughts on Aio's history. Look up a thread called "Clarifying the Single Player Story *spoilers*" for my thoughts. Perhaps that can help backstory for some areas for the roleplay?
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 08-07-06 07:06 AM EDT (US)     21 / 44       
Aww I wanted to team up with Giovanni... We are almost like brothers (RoL RP-wise)...

We would make a great team specialy since it seems Giovanni is tired of the Vinci and I'm in a "high place" in Cuotl Military...

[This message has been edited by Czin_Minion (edited 08-07-2006 @ 07:09 AM).]

JaveHarron
Zekeling
posted 08-07-06 02:27 PM EDT (US)     22 / 44       
Quetzalcoatl would be a logical partner for Giovanni. However, seeing as Giovanni hardly saw much of the Cuotl jungle, either he would have to find a secretive special forces soldier, or perhaps Quet. would have to find him (perhaps seeking someone who understands the principles behind technology, and could help introduce some Vinci concepts)? I take it Queztal. with the suit on resembles the imagine of the Cuotl Special Forces?

A certain Kahan hunter might also be a useful guide... or at least someone you don't want to annoy. Giovanni might be travelling through snowy mountains, and a strategically placed avalanche or landslide would bury him. Probably wouldn't destroy him outright, but would case him to have to dig himself out of the snow, then repair himself thoroughly.

I'm thinking Giovanni would start helping around New Miana, seeking transport eastwards...

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 08-07-06 04:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 44       
Well, Quetzacoatl can't resemble anything a Cuotl as seen much less a Vinci, since this "new-breed" of soldiers using such training and equipment is rather new and only Quetzacoatl's squadron and another have such soldiers, and therefore such equipment...
iLord
Zekeling
posted 08-07-06 07:53 PM EDT (US)     24 / 44       
Quetzalcuotl and Giovanni: Let's form a trinity in the RP, with Quetz, Giovanni, and Kayuk. We'll be like three mercenaries and act like brothers toward one another. We shall meet later on in the story. Giovanni meets Quetz, then you too meet Kayuk. 'K? It'll be cool and we can have nicknames like Quetz, Gio, and Kay. Or Quetz, Ironman or Bio, and Hunter, and Hunter or Kay.

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 08-07-06 08:06 PM EDT (US)     25 / 44       
ok that works and the rest of us will kill all 3 of u then
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames