You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Anyone still around?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Anyone still around?
ZandalarZandali
Zekeling
posted 09-13-13 10:01 PM EDT (US)         
G'day! All 2 of you(?)... Anyhow, is there anyone still frequenting, or somewhat looking at these forums? I've never really noticed any activity, and I want to know if some people still go here, so I can feel all warm and fuzzy that people still play/or atleast enjoyed the game.

Anyways, onto my other topic: I am making a game based off of rise of legends, it will be a smidge different, but it will feel right at home.(Differences being, different story, different gameplay[gonna be a RPG], and some differences in tech[like a imperial grenadier having a bolt action rather than a flint lock]) And I'd like to see if people who played RoL would enjoy such a game. If not, too bad, I'm dead set on making this game :P. Also wondering if anyone knows who owns the Rise of nations/Rise of Legends IP, so I can buy it/license from it so I don't get my pants sued off when I sell the game.

Anyways, thanks for reading! And let the legend live!
AuthorReplies:
PCDania
Zekeling
(id: PCD)
posted 09-14-13 02:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I don't know how many checks out the RoL site but as you have noticed there are only a few posts a month on average.

As far as I know, Microsoft still owns the copyright to the game and they are usually heavy dancers if you get what I mean.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
ZandalarZandali
Zekeling
posted 09-14-13 09:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Ah thanks, so not really all that alive, shame that happened, RoL is my favorite game. And I knew Microsoft had, now I'm going to have a lot of fun trying to get the license/IP :L
Hecsagon
Zekeling
posted 09-19-13 00:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Yes. During the last year I have tried making some custom maps. I still play this game with friends using the "evolve" gaming network, to simulate LAN.
PCDania
Zekeling
(id: PCD)
posted 09-19-13 02:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
@Hecsagon

I suppose you are talking about this software: Evolve?

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 09-19-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Interesting game idea, BHG was working on an rpg named Crucible: Forge of the Emperor aka Ascendant which had some art that looked like it was from Rise of Legends. Eventually that project turned into the rpg Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning.

I think Steam is trying to acquire the rights to re-release the game, you can read more here.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames