You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modifications
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » Did any mods ever get approved?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Did any mods ever get approved?
motter28218
Zekeling
posted 08-08-14 06:04 PM EDT (US)         
Yeah, I know these boards are all but dead, however PCDania you had mentioned that you might be made a moderator, did this ever happen? I wrote a review for alincarpetmans addition to my mod about a week ago it is still not up. Is anyone around anymore?
AuthorReplies:
PCDania
Zekeling
(id: PCD)
posted 08-09-14 03:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
Hi motter28218

I check the RoL forums twice a day.

There must have happened some misunderstanding as I have never said nor wanted to become a moderator of the downloads section.

If you tell me what addition by alincarpetman you have written a review for I will see if I can find someone who can take a look at it.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 08-09-2014 @ 03:12 AM).]

motter28218
Zekeling
posted 08-09-14 10:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
Ok you're right, this was what I was refering to:

"I apologize that it took so long. As PCDania mentioned, someone who is familiar and specifically responsible to the site needs to be put in charge to manage this process in a more timely fashion. PCDania has brought this issue up to staff and I will reinforce his request."

But that wasn't written by you, I was going by memory.

Yeah, I had written a review for alincarpetman's mod submission,

http://rol.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=117

if you can get it approved that'd be great. Thank you for all your help.

[This message has been edited by motter28218 (edited 08-09-2014 @ 10:37 AM).]

PCDania
Zekeling
posted 08-09-14 11:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
Trying to find someone who can check it and approve if found to be OK.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 08-11-14 07:54 AM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
Hey guys, people still read and post here occasionally as we are now

Elrich was the person to contact about getting downloads approved last time I did. The Ron and Rol sites need more staff - maybe asking players around other HG sites and Steam would help.

It'd be a good idea to post on Steam also if Rol is re-released like Ron.

Check this thread for ideas for a Rol re-release, if you have anything to add post it there (the thread may need to be reactivated by PCDania) or post it in another active topic and I'll add it in.

Motter - I'll be updating my review of the New Nations mod soon as I was busy after you made the latest update.

PCDania - would you know if there is a contact for Evolved? I'm putting together some files and the Hero Tutorial by Evolved here is missing, maybe someone has a copy or can get in touch.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 08-13-2014 @ 01:46 PM).]

motter28218
Zekeling
posted 08-22-14 09:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
PCDania: Just wondering if you heard anything on getting the review I made approved? Not trying to bug you, just wondering. Also, as for someone becoming a moderator, what does it involve? Maybe would alincarpetman want to do it? (Not trying to speak for you alin, just a suggestion). I would but I run hot and cold on games, sometimes I take months or years off from them. Just a thought.

alincarpetman: I wrote a modding guide a few years back for another user, if you want I can mail it to, I don't remember your E-mail tho, if you are nervous about posting it here no problem we'll figure some other way.

The file is just a text document, so if you want to "pretty it up" that would be fine, but I have all the info there on how to mod units, spells, buildings, heroes, let me know.
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 08-22-14 11:23 AM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
Hey Motter I sent Elrich an email asking if he's still doing the approval at Rol HG.

I'm the same as Motter when it comes to games - on and off plus busy with work so I wouldn't be able to keep up regularly like other people do unfortunately. Asking around on other sites and youtube (that have taken over most of the interest from fan sites I realize) is one idea...

I'd love to see your mod guide and add it to the pack I'm working on, I've already managed to get a few files that disappeared from other authors - as I mentioned above I'm looking for Evolved's file also if anyone has it or can get in touch.

You can send me the file as pasted in text in a pm on Moddb if you still log in there, that's one way I can think of that should work as I'll be updating the downloads there soon - I posted the latest update on the New Nations fixes so things are moving along. Next upload is the mod tools and info pack.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 08-22-2014 @ 11:25 AM).]

PCDania
Zekeling
posted 08-22-14 11:55 AM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
Here is the reply I got:
Here is the review:
Artwork: 5
N/A

Playability: 5
Makes my mod much easier for people who are unfamiliar with enabling mods.

Balance: 5
N/A

Creativity: 5
Great idea by Alincarpetman, a good addition to the community

Additional Comments:
Big hand to Alin, I was really burnt out and it would have been a ton of work for me to enable all the nations myself, thank you very much for the helping hand.
Not to pass the buck (well, yeah I am), but is the above review good enough by RoL standards to be approved?

- the button pusher
So, what do you think? Should he push the "Publish" button?

motter28218
Zekeling
posted 08-22-14 02:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
"Not to pass the buck (well, yeah I am), but is the above review good enough by RoL standards to be approved?"

I'm not quite sure what that even means? Considering I account for probably about 80% of the activity on this site over the past 4yrs I'm wondering who's standards is he going by? Well, if he doesn't want to approve it, that's his call.
PCDania
Zekeling
posted 08-22-14 05:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
I'll tell him.

motter28218
Zekeling
posted 08-23-14 09:19 AM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
@PCDania: Thank you for all your help, you've always been reliable.

Alincarpetman: I do not have an account at Moddb, I included my modding guide in my All Heroes Mod, so if you just want to download that one again the file is in there.

Just note that I wrote it for a specific user so like I say you may want to edit some of it and put it in a different format as there are no pictures or anything, if there's anything you think I should add to it or if you have any questions let me know.
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 08-28-14 07:57 AM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
Motter - I looked in the mod files and couldn't find any separate modding guide unless it's part of the Readme files - if you could point it out or post it here and I'll copy it that would help.
motter28218
Zekeling
posted 08-29-14 10:19 AM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
You downloaded the All Heroes Mod? I just downloaded it and it's in there in a folder called "Modding Guide".
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 09-02-14 02:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
Ok I got the file and am finishing up the mod guides pack.

I also updated the end of this list here - you mentioned "Many of the units like Dracula, Wolfman, are just high-poly models and are not ever used in the game." - is there any way to see these?

Also check here and here for the Ron re-release developers asking for input for the modding workshop.
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 09-04-14 01:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
motter28218
Zekeling
posted 09-04-14 03:43 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
Those units won't show up as anything if you enable them, some of them will even crash the game, all of the working unused units, spells, etc, were enabled in one of my mods or another, (some things I even made up myself) if they weren't in there it's because they didn't do anything.
PCDania
Zekeling
posted 09-04-14 04:17 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
Hey PCDania I uploaded a modding guide pack recently - just giving you a heads up for confirmation.
I've relayed the request, hope someone takes it.

alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 09-10-14 07:50 AM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
PCDania
Zekeling
posted 09-10-14 08:59 AM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
I suppose that means you like to get the update approved?

I'll make a request.

motter28218
Zekeling
posted 09-10-14 10:58 AM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
Updates don't need to be approved, they can just be done to the original upload.
PCDania
Zekeling
posted 09-10-14 12:55 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
I have no idea how it works behind the curtain. I've never managed downloads but assume all uploads has to be approved before they show up in the downloads.

alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 09-19-14 12:53 PM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames