You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modifications
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » Export RoL models to 3ds max
Bottom
Topic Subject:Export RoL models to 3ds max
Zolden
Zekeling
posted 01-18-12 11:32 AM EDT (US)         
Hi guys. I need to export Rise of Legends models to 3ds max. I need em because I'm making Rise of Legends mod for Starcraft 2. Are there any ways to export 'em?
AuthorReplies:
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 01-19-12 03:58 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Hi Zolden,

I've wondered myself what rts game would be the best to make a Rise of Legends mod in. I just posted a list of other less known fantasy rts games here. ParaWorld and WorldShift are the two most similar to Rise of Legends that I can think of.

As for your question I don't know the answer. Motter would probably know but he is taking a break from gaming but will be back sometime, and he does check the forums and reply to stuff occasionally. Another option would be to ask some other gamers who have done model work either on Heavengames or Starcraft 2 forums.

Do you have any more details about your Rol mod for Starcraft 2?
Zolden
Zekeling
posted 01-19-12 07:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
The question "what game is the best to remake RoL" has only one answer for me: starcraft 2. And the only reason for such an answer is a boundless might of sc2 Editoir.

There is no games exist which couldn't be implemented in sc2 editor. Especially if it is a strategy game. So, it feels like using sc2 editor is the easiest and precisiest way to implement the game.

Also, which is important too: there are tons of players at sc2 servers. So, there will be no problems with searching players for the game, as opposed to RoL servers, where no one plays anymore, which is sad ;/

But I think alot of RoL lovers play sc2 now, and they will be happy to play the mod. Also, since RoL is the best rts game ever, usual sc2 players will play it too.

About the process of creation.

I have a good experience in modding for sc2. I've created 3 remake mods for following games: Z, Heroes of Might and Magic and Civilization.

These mods are pretty similar to original games. If you have SC2 copy and EU server account, you can check these mods, their names are "Zed beta", "Heroes of Might and Magic" and "Sid Meier's Civilization". Otherwise you can check gameplay videos at my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpiderKillsGnat

So, I have no doubt, that I will create RoL mod and that it will be realy close to RoL.

I just started to work on it, did nothing in the editor, but I've devised how to implement most of features in the editor.

It would be super cool to get the original modls from RoL. But still I can use sc2 models, World of Warcraft models, or self made models. For example, some RoL buildings has no animations, and it will be easy for me to create em in 3ds max. But anyway, I'm learning 3ds max, and I will be able to create some simple modles like clockwork robot or that scat looking alin unit.

Also, I've found all the sounds and music in RoL folder, so the game will sound like RoL.

So, hope that Motter guy you mentioned will provide some info about exporting models.
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 01-19-12 05:41 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Starcraft 2 and Heroes V are still on my long list of games to buy. I never got into Civilization and never played Z around the time it came out, but a while back I played the original 2d Z game after finding it and it was fun.

I took a look at your youtube videos and they look pretty good, the Z mod looks great - when I get Starcraft 2 I will definitely check it out, I can't play it with my current computer's specs.

I searched online but what is the best place to check out more SC2 mods? Also I recommend to consider joining Mod Database and submit your mods there so more fans can learn about them and check them out; as well as the Rol Heaven downloads area when you complete the project.
Zolden
Zekeling
posted 01-27-12 06:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Ok, since there is no news, I'm starting to create models.

Textured clockworkman with a few animations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nf3wcRpdVY

Took me 2 days of modelling ;/

And the clockwork spider:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOpWqISjV1U

Still would be great to get the original models.

[This message has been edited by Zolden (edited 01-31-2012 @ 06:33 PM).]

alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 02-08-12 07:23 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Hi Zolden,

I emailed Motter and he said he will get back to the forum sometime in the near future as he is busy with other things. But he said he didn't know about exporting the models.

So I don't know when he'll be back but don't worry, it seems we all just have bad timing when communicating in this forum at times due to the sporadic and low activity.

I took a look at your youtube videos and they look pretty good, it's interesting to see an alternate version of Rol inside another game.
Zolden
Zekeling
posted 02-11-12 10:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
ok, no imported models, I got it

it doesn't matter though, since I've got some skills to create these models

it jsut may take too much time to create all of them

hope I'll finish the mod until summer ;/
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames