You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 39 40 41 42 43 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 05-10-06 10:21 AM EDT (US)     1001 / 1245       
Wow, 1,000 replies. Awesome!

Quote:

GREYPAWN, I have an English error for you.

My Question: Can you please give us a volcanic 2vs2 map for the Demo? Please? It doesn't even have to be good.

Thanks for the heads up about the grammatical error. I'll send it on to QA for patchification. As for additional demo maps, we're not considering releasing any additional maps for the demo itself.

Quote:

Will ROL have the same script triggers(or more of them) as RON so we dont need to learn a whole new way to script?

Quite a bit more of them. Check out the latest Community Tuesday release for more information on scripting and triggers in the Rise of Legends editor.

Quote:

will there be a Big Huge Exporter for RoL like RoN? or will the exporter from RoN work for ROL?

Not at this time, though we might consider it for the future.

Quote:

Has the Australian release date been pushed back, as speculated in the thread linked?

International release date remains May 26th. Certain retailers might get it sooner or later than that date, however. It depends largely on the region and the time-to-shelf of the retailer.

code255
Zekeling
posted 05-10-06 11:12 AM EDT (US)     1002 / 1245       
GreyPawn, does the gold version of the game support PhysX? I know it was meant to, but from the screenshots of the RoL boxes I've seen, there's no indication that it does. There's also no mention of Ageia or PhysX in the demo. Is official support maybe being pushed back to a later patch or something?

The technology's still new, so I'd understand that it might be hard to have a proper implementation done at release. The first game which supports PhysX, GRAW, which came out last week, actually runs worse with PhysX enabled. >_<

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-10-06 01:19 PM EDT (US)     1003 / 1245       
Glad to help.
GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 05-11-06 07:37 AM EDT (US)     1004 / 1245       
Greypawn- can you tell us more about how the units in the game progressed from initial inception to finished product? What I mean by this is (for example)- were glass golems always heavy ranged units? Was that their intended role from the start? Judging from the intro and the first demo (where glass golems are a lot smaller and get beaten up by Clockwork Men) I'm guessing that early on, Glass Golems were supposed to be medium support units, and were later changed to a heavy late-game role.

So if possible, can you share with us some stories of the illustrious and possibly shaky history of some of the units we have come to know and love in RoL? .

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
buckeyeshane
Zekeling
posted 05-11-06 10:47 AM EDT (US)     1005 / 1245       
Hello, I'm having some problems with ROL on a laptop using a Pentium M 2ghz processor. In the custom preference settings it will not allow me to turn on the large unit physics because it says I have less than 2ghz processor (it's reporting that I have 1994 ghz processor). The Pentium M 2ghz processor is probably equivalent to a 2.8 - 3.0 ghz PIV. Is there anyway to overide what the game lets me turn on? Thanks
Scipione
Zekeling
posted 05-11-06 03:45 PM EDT (US)     1006 / 1245       
Hi Greypawn,
can you tell me whether the non-english version of RoL is already done?
And is this just a shipping issue that we europeans have to wait two more long weeks?
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-12-06 05:30 PM EDT (US)     1007 / 1245       
Have zeke looking around saying 'where is it' or summat for custom error pages.

That'd be SOOOO Cool.

Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 05-13-06 05:35 PM EDT (US)     1008 / 1245       
I got the game, and love it And, didn't you say we could resize objects in the editor?

How would I go around doing this?

(anyone who knows can answer)

YTRB
Zekeling
posted 05-14-06 01:37 AM EDT (US)     1009 / 1245       
GreyPawn, I got drop tricking from my opponent. In the early of the game, my opponent disconnected and the vote screen appeard. I picked remove him and won the game. Then I returned back to GS. But some minites after, my record got a lose. He had continued the game vs me as AI. It is clearly unreasonable result so please fix the result to my win or blank. I can show the result page and send you the rec.
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-14-06 05:32 AM EDT (US)     1010 / 1245       
Hopefully we'll get answers later today, as he usually has Saturdays off.
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 05-14-06 06:52 PM EDT (US)     1011 / 1245       
Some feedback you can pass along greypawn.

I think i speak for a lot of people that would like the option of "zoom to group" only working when you double-tap a group number. Currently, if i have a group selected and don't realize it, and select it again, it zooms to wherever the group is. I'd really like it to only group if i double tap the group number, at least as an option, thanks!

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 05-15-06 10:46 AM EDT (US)     1012 / 1245       

Quote:

GreyPawn, does the gold version of the game support PhysX? I know it was meant to, but from the screenshots of the RoL boxes I've seen, there's no indication that it does. There's also no mention of Ageia or PhysX in the demo. Is official support maybe being pushed back to a later patch or something?

As mentioned in a previous post, we'll be fully supporting PhysX hardware in an update to come later.

Quote:

Greypawn- can you tell us more about how the units in the game progressed from initial inception to finished product? What I mean by this is (for example)- were glass golems always heavy ranged units? Was that their intended role from the start? Judging from the intro and the first demo (where glass golems are a lot smaller and get beaten up by Clockwork Men) I'm guessing that early on, Glass Golems were supposed to be medium support units, and were later changed to a heavy late-game role.
So if possible, can you share with us some stories of the illustrious and possibly shaky history of some of the units we have come to know and love in RoL?

There are a number of units which have undergone changes and even role reversals since the original inception. Zeke, for instance, was once upon a time considered a Vinci Hero. And the juggernaut has probably undergone the most notable transformation visually. Mentioned earlier in this thread, the Sand Horror is another unit that has had its role shifted somewhat.

Quote:

Hello, I'm having some problems with ROL on a laptop using a Pentium M 2ghz processor. In the custom preference settings it will not allow me to turn on the large unit physics because it says I have less than 2ghz processor (it's reporting that I have 1994 ghz processor). The Pentium M 2ghz processor is probably equivalent to a 2.8 - 3.0 ghz PIV. Is there anyway to overide what the game lets me turn on?

There isn't any way to override the restrictions placed on hardware settings, to my knowledge. Having the slider set all the way to "Look Better" might resolve the problem for you.

Quote:

Hi Greypawn,
can you tell me whether the non-english version of RoL is already done?
And is this just a shipping issue that we europeans have to wait two more long weeks?

The localized langauge versions of Rise of Legends are finished, and will be available internationally starting May 23rd.

Quote:

I got the game, and love it And, didn't you say we could resize objects in the editor?
How would I go around doing this?

I may have misspoke on this. I'd refer you to the Mapmaker's Handbook for more information on what you can do in the editor.

Quote:

GreyPawn, I got drop tricking from my opponent. In the early of the game, my opponent disconnected and the vote screen appeard. I picked remove him and won the game. Then I returned back to GS. But some minites after, my record got a lose. He had continued the game vs me as AI. It is clearly unreasonable result so please fix the result to my win or blank. I can show the result page and send you the rec.

Thanks for the heads-up. It was probably just a glitch in the reporting, but I'll let the devs know.

Quote:

Hopefully we'll get answers later today, as he usually has Saturdays off

Saturdays and Sundays, to be precise! I'm always lurking in the forums when I'm home, though I tend to avoid posting on days off.

Quote:

I think i speak for a lot of people that would like the option of "zoom to group" only working when you double-tap a group number. Currently, if i have a group selected and don't realize it, and select it again, it zooms to wherever the group is. I'd really like it to only group if i double tap the group number, at least as an option, thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!

Lord Kefka
Zekeling
posted 05-15-06 11:00 AM EDT (US)     1013 / 1245       
I'm having a problem during the campaign where some of the first subtitled line at the beginning of most maps isn't spoken aloud. All of the other lines are spoken though.

This wouldn't be much of a problem, but I'm suspicious that certain in game lines are not being spoken. Eg. In the demo there were spoken lines for the subquest to kill Don Sclario in the desert. In the full version these lines were missing. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Heavengames: Lord Kefka
Gamefaqs: Kefka 2million
Gamespot: Genoman_7
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 05-15-06 11:32 AM EDT (US)     1014 / 1245       
Posible easy bug fix for you GP.

I turned off "find building centers on building" and it works for everything EXCEPT "find smallest city" For some reason whenever i use the find smallest city hotkey it still centers on that building. It's just a little annoying thing since i don't want any buildings to center unless i double-tap the key (same with groups, as i mentioned above). If i'm in the midst of battle and notice i'm at resource and/or pop cap, i want to hit "find smallest city" then create a district without leaving battle, ya know?

Single tap for select, double for center-on. AFAIK that's the standerd for all RTSes, and i've had to help at least 5 or 6 people find these options ("find building centers on building" and "find unit centers on unit") in their game. It seems weird to have those 2 boxes checked by default, that's just me though.

Also, if you havn't already seen this thread:
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,352,0,10

This stance bug is really annoying, no matter what i set my options to my units keep coming out aggressive for some reason (profile is changing correctly, i've checked it). Hopefully it can be cleared up in a future patch.

Love the game!

[This message has been edited by Bridger (edited 05-15-2006 @ 11:33 AM).]

code255
Zekeling
posted 05-15-06 11:44 AM EDT (US)     1015 / 1245       
Update: Nevermind. I wrote about a problem with auto-camera-focus on building selection via hotkeys, but I found out about the "Find Building Centre on Building" option...

[This message has been edited by code255 (edited 05-15-2006 @ 02:28 PM).]

FoxLegend
Zekeling
posted 05-15-06 05:03 PM EDT (US)     1016 / 1245       
Is the issue of FX oftens ounding WAY silent known? I played campaign and I barely heard the fighting sounds until it was like 30music, 255fx. Wasn't as bad in quickmatch O.o

And this is why I said, put "Slain by pope Benedict with Excalibur" on the obituary. - Roadkill the Cat
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 05-16-06 01:17 PM EDT (US)     1017 / 1245       
Suggestion: I couldn't find anywhere in the "achievements" page after a multi/quickbattle a list of how much relic income you had. This would be great to help analyze if maybe your opponent was scouting better in the early game.

Xtreme64
Zekeling
posted 05-16-06 01:43 PM EDT (US)     1018 / 1245       
SPOILER ON CAMPAIGN ENDING!

I'm just wondering, when there is an expansion pack, it will have a campaign, right? Because Giacomo died in the end of this one, and I was wondering how in the world you could continue the story with the main character dead. BTW, love the game, easily one of my favorites.

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-16-06 03:01 PM EDT (US)     1019 / 1245       
Well...
My question is why do I have to work under these conditions!

I'm making Installation instructions for I game I haven't seen. And a Mod. Why couldn't you have allowed all data files to be moddable??!!
I shouldn't even have to make this mod!

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-16-06 05:32 PM EDT (US)     1020 / 1245       
well evolved you *could* just wait till the final game's out here. on questions however...

encyclopedia Aio? any news yet? :P

oh and is there an online manual available? i can at least try and feel more satisfied by glaring away at the game manual for a while @o@

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
verkinix
Zekeling
posted 05-17-06 08:08 PM EDT (US)     1021 / 1245       
Hey all!

I just wanna say I love RoL so far. It runs great at full graphics settings and in MP. I love the unique factions and the balance is decent for being a couple weeks old.

Anyway, I do have 2 issues with the game. Bik movies including the menu screen video stutter while audio plays fine. This makes the menu screen insanely difficult to use. The mouse stutters with the movie so its very annoying trying to setup options. I would like to know what would cause bik files in general to stutter. The dozens of forums I visited were less then helpful.

The other issue I have with RoL is how it limits certain settings due to hardware short comings. My system has 2 1600Mhz processors, not just 1. My system could run animated buildings and character models just fine, but the game reads it as being under the 1700 requirement. This paternal limitation really bugs me. There is no reason someone shouldnt be able to at least try to run those settings. If it doesnt run right, the customer who bought and paid for their copy can always turn it off. But I dont like to be limited in a purchase that I paid for. Anyway I really hope that functionality will be returned to the players control or at least have the game read for multiple processors. I would really like to play with dynamic buildings without having to drop another $2k into a new system.

Neither of these are game breakers luckily and the bik problem is more general then just RoL. I would just like to have the full functionality that I paid for.

One last thing that I miss from RoN that really made that game for me was the world domination campaign. Being able to play the game like Risk and use real strategy across the map was fun. These campaigns are fun, but they lack the expansiveness and replayability that kept me going back to RoN. I do hope it will be added later in a patch or expansion.

Thanks again for a great game. This is a quality title unlike many that have been released recently and I can tell alot of hard work went into making it. Keep up the great work! Please do pass along my suggestions to the dev team as well

A176
Zekeling
posted 05-17-06 09:56 PM EDT (US)     1022 / 1245       
Who programmed the technical aspects relating to the game configuration?

Limitation via raw cpu mhz, as well as video memory issues; these kind of implementations are simply shortminded and shouldn't have been used.

MxM
Zekeling
posted 05-18-06 00:12 AM EDT (US)     1023 / 1245       
Do you have game sales above or below expectations so far? Can you share some numbers for US sales?
pantomimeHorse
Zekeling
posted 05-18-06 03:36 AM EDT (US)     1024 / 1245       
I have to say, verkinix, I don't think dual-processors are going to help you much. I don't know how much multi-threading RoL uses, but even if it uses a significant amount, current support for thread scheduling across multiple processors is iffy at best. There's a reason gamers haven't all moved to dual-processor systems. Better multi-processor and multi-core software is coming, but for now, multiple processors don't help you nearly as much as they should outside of boring areas (like running a server).

So my point is that 1600mhz is well into the low-range by today's standards--even if you have two processors. An Athlon64 3000 w/motherboard and power supply will set you back less than 200 bucks now.

As for the artificial performance caps, yeah that sounds annoying, but I understand their thinking. I suggest they allow that feature to be disabled via a .ini setting.

verkinix
Zekeling
posted 05-18-06 01:21 PM EDT (US)     1025 / 1245       
Yeah, I know my system is limited. For a 4 year old system, its pretty good though. I built it for 3DS Max rendering and the like. I am due for a new system, but it will have to wait until I'm done with school. For now, I just have to keep tweaking every bit of performance I can out of it. Aside from instability in my system, it runs pretty well. Anyway, I'll stop taking up this threads space with my ramblings.

Oh, as to earlier, I did figure out the bik movie issue. It turns out that windows SP2 has a system timer issue with certain AMD processors. Low and behold, my processors fit the profile. This is what is causing the bik files in game to run so slowly. It wouldnt be so annoying, but the game doesnt allow you to turn off the menu bgmovie. Its a neat idea, but I almost prefer the cnc generals style of using the game engine to play in the background of the menu. Thats just me

Alright, I do have a couple new questions/comments for BHG. I have noticed defenses like turrets and fortresses being a little squishy. Now I dont dispute that a massive army could take them down quickly, but it seems to me that a boss and a hand full of troops can take out a fortress without losing much of anything. This is at full tech towards the end of the game. This isnt to say make buildings insanely difficult, but maybe the defensive stats could be bumped up a notch or two. In an MP game, I used one of my bosses and maybe 5-10 units of various assortments against the hardest AI and it didnt take long for me to take back one of the cities (full Military and fully repaired) that I had lost to them and I didnt lose very much in the way of units. Anywhoo, it would be nice to have more defense in the structures to balance them with the units.

Finally, game options. There are soooo few game options. I would personally like more control. This game is extremely fun, but with the limitations placed on the player, its wearing thin. I am enjoying the campaign, but once I'm done, the story wont have the same impact and I will be left with skirmish mode that I will only play in 1 or 2 ways on different maps. I do hope things like the world domination tour get implemented again as well as the epochness that RoN had.

All in all this game is very well done. A few tweaks and additions here and there and it will remain one of my favorites. Thanks again for the great game. I really appreciate the time and effort in making it fun and unique

[This message has been edited by verkinix (edited 05-18-2006 @ 01:22 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 39 40 41 42 43 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames