You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 05-08-06 03:19 PM EDT (US)     976 / 1245       

Quote:

Clan you tell us anything more about the clan support? I.e. how does recrtuing a new member work, is there a mandatory trial period that can be changed in length, is there a built in leader/senator structure, etc.

Sure! To recruit a new member into your clan, you simply select the person you'd like to invite and hit the Invite to Clan button. There isn't a built-in trial period per se, though there is a built in Officer and rank system that even allows you to specify unique titles to the various ranks.

Quote:

Does the final version have unlimited zoom (in and out)/tilt for watching replays?

If by "unlimited zoom" you mean Free Camera mode, nope.

Quote:

I'd also like to know, why was the zoom so limited? Is there any reason other than "performance" (which is unacceptable IMHO, seems just like a cheap trick to lower system requirements if that's the only reason).
It would be more playable if you could zoom out a bit more, even if it meant turning down some of the settings i wouldn't really mind I don't think.

The trick with any RTS is making it so that the player at the low end of the minspec can still fight on equal footing against the player at the highest end of the spectrum. So it comes back to performance and balancing with regards to zoom.

Quote:

This leads me to my next question, will there be a tutorial map? I know the CTW will work well as a good intro and therefore tutorial, but I was thinking a specific map.

Yes. There are a number of tutorials in the single-player campaign that teach you everything you need to know in how to play.

Quote:

OT tho, any idea when encyclopedia Aio is gonna go live?

Soon[tm].

Quote:

ok well my question is will there be more then 1 CTW?

The single-player game takes place across three whole Conquer the World campaigns- from the rolling plains of the Vinci to the dense Cuotl jungles.

Quote:

Shader model differences between 2/2b/3 aren't markedly noticable in RoL - not enough for a comparative analysis.
So that means even us 2b owners will get Timonium fields and galss golems like this? The edge lighting on those golems is very purdy

You betcha. Most of our shaders contained 3.0 versions at one time but, toward the end of the project, we found that all the effects we were using could fit into the confines of SM2_a or 2_b. So that's ultimately what we went with.

Quote:

besides junge sand and ice what other map types will there be
will there be one that havent been use in any other rts

There are some rather nifty jungle dish and lava tilesets that are unique to RoL.

Quote:

Will there be online servers for all major geographical regions (Americas, Europe, Asia), or will there be some other way of finding other players to play with whom one will have a good latency to?

While different regions might be using different Gamespy servers, all players will be able to play against opponents from different regions.

Quote:

GreyPawn, this is kinda off topic, but I just wanted you to forward this question to Brian, I was wonndering what server/name he was for WoW... I read that he played it somewhere... IF it is a personal matter ok

Archimonde/El-l33tr0nm4k3r
I'm kidding of course! He'd gank me if I told.

code255
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 03:29 PM EDT (US)     977 / 1245       
Thanks GreyPawn!

One more: Is the game really coming out tomorrow (the 9th) in North America? Amazon.com and Walmart.com are saying that it's coming out on the 23rd.

WH_demoneyekyo
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 04:38 PM EDT (US)     978 / 1245       

Quote:

The trick with any RTS is making it so that the player at the low end of the minspec can still fight on equal footing against the player at the highest end of the spectrum. So it comes back to performance and balancing with regards to zoom.

do u truely think they care? Why should I be limited to the zoom function just b/c I brought a new video card for this game & someone else didn't?

Stop spamming! No one care about ur damn post count!
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 04:55 PM EDT (US)     979 / 1245       
... it's just a zoom function... plus i'd rather not have my online games ruined by someone's comp crossing its breaking point, i'm sure you can do it for map editor cinimatics though (i can see some really cool in-game movies being made for this game )

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
Sinn
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 05:01 PM EDT (US)     980 / 1245       
I hope they zoom out more or at least give us an option to zoom out more! That is silly that we can only zoom out so far because other computers can't keep up. We want more zoom out options!!! You give us three options now. Just throw in one more option for further zoom outs.
eman1
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 06:01 PM EDT (US)     981 / 1245       
lol thanks for answering greypawn... My dream of actually talking to him casually in play is crushed :P ... But ill survive... after reading it over I see that his kids play it and it would be more personal... thanks for answering though
FoxLegend
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 06:32 PM EDT (US)     982 / 1245       
GP also mentioned balance reasons, which means some races would profit more from a greater zoom than others. It certainly wasn't that much of a performance reason since I didn't notice any large change in free-cam mode.

Quote:

You betcha. Most of our shaders contained 3.0 versions at one time but, toward the end of the project, we found that all the effects we were using could fit into the confines of SM2_a or 2_b. So that's ultimately what we went with.

I wuv woo.
You just saved me from from upgrading my card... now I can happily save for a DS lite ^^

And this is why I said, put "Slain by pope Benedict with Excalibur" on the obituary. - Roadkill the Cat
Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 07:17 PM EDT (US)     983 / 1245       

Quote:

GP also mentioned balance reasons, which means some races would profit more from a greater zoom than others.

He said it was so a low end graphics card does not inhibit your ability to play the game competitively. I think its ridiculous. Someone with a low end card should just turn down their settings if they want to handle a bigger zoom. Lots of people with high end crads turn down their settings anyway.

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

FoxLegend
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 08:05 PM EDT (US)     984 / 1245       
He said BOTH things. And honestly zoom is fine by me, it's nowhere the confines of a StarCraft/Warcraft3 lvl which were minimalistic. Especially War3, I always wished for a slightly larger zoom. Ah well... now I have RoL ^^

And this is why I said, put "Slain by pope Benedict with Excalibur" on the obituary. - Roadkill the Cat
The Bob
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 08:23 PM EDT (US)     985 / 1245       
Some people can't turn their settings down much more, it would be unfair if they couldn't compete so the people complaining, yes you might want more zooming out but since nobody else has it there really isn't much of a problem you just need to play a bit and get used to it.
WH_demoneyekyo
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 08:53 PM EDT (US)     986 / 1245       

Quote:

Some people can't turn their settings down much more

true, but u can always go buy another video card!!!!!!!!! can't turn setting any lower? omg, that is sad. a game cost about like 50-60 buck. and u can get a decent video card for like 70 buck:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130260

is frekain cheap! very very very cheap! u don't need a great video card, just need a decent one.

[This message has been edited by WH_demoneyekyo (edited 05-08-2006 @ 08:57 PM).]

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 09:58 PM EDT (US)     987 / 1245       

Quote:

He said BOTH things.

The "balance" issue is merely an extension of people with low end systems not being able to play as well. There's no reason a race would be imbalanced with a larger zoom and if balance is based on poor ui then it isn't much of a balance.

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 10:12 PM EDT (US)     988 / 1245       
Well I for one wouldn't like to purchase a game that I could only play if I bought an 100 extra, I'd rather save my money to buy a diferent game or save up for the 360.
Thats the aspect of things you got to understand, not everyone buys a computer o just play games.
WH_demoneyekyo
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 10:33 PM EDT (US)     989 / 1245       
buy a different game? dude, all the new games that are coming out require higher & higher system spec. buying an xbox360 is like upgrading to an awsome video card, both tend to last about 3.5 years. once after that, u gonna have to get a new consol/video-card inorder to play new games.

Bridger
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 01:05 AM EDT (US)     990 / 1245       
I understand trying to balance players with lower system spec, but the limit is just set too low. If i want to retreat from a battle i need to select-box at least twice cause the entire battle never seems to fit on my screen (max res with extended cam on) if it's a big battle. This is an issue. Just a bit farther out wouldn't change too much i don't think, and would be a big help.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Joeking14
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 02:25 AM EDT (US)     991 / 1245       
WH_demoneyeky Csin could esaliy be talking about a console game.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!
_.+._
(^\/^\/^)
\@*@*@/
{_____}
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 04:52 AM EDT (US)     992 / 1245       
you don't need zoom at all, the only reason you would ever need zoom would be if you didn't know how to either A) use the minimap or B) use control groups, if you want more zoom than there already is then you are relying too much on it, there's more than enough as it is, and if you want to see further just tilt your camera in the direction, it's really not so hard

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 07:49 AM EDT (US)     993 / 1245       

Quote:

WH_demoneyeky Csin could esaliy be talking about a console game.

I was, and "upgrading" to a Xbox 360 is a much more satisfactory apgrade as there are very little chances that there will be hardware or software incompatibility wih games that come out for the 360, also as an Xbox owner I am very satisfied with the quality of games they deliver, and have a many games already in my mind that will be realeased in the near future and far future as well.
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 01:05 PM EDT (US)     994 / 1245       
GREYPAWN, I have an English error for you.

In C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Rise Of Legends Demo\campaigns\Alim\ The alin campaign file.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT

I quote:
<EVENT id="omc_SandAndFire" character="Arri">
<TITLE>Power of Sand and Fire</TITLE>
<INFO>Before leaving Azar Harif I stole ancient scroll from the King's library. I have deciphered a ritual with the power to bless our army with the strength of Sand or the fury of Fire. Which shall it be?</INFO>
<RESPONSE id="sand">Sand</RESPONSE>
<RESPONSE id="fire">Fire</RESPONSE>
</EVENT>

It should be:
<EVENT id="omc_SandAndFire" character="Arri">
<TITLE>Power of Sand and Fire</TITLE>
<INFO>Before leaving Azar Harif I stole an ancient scroll from the King's library. I have deciphered a ritual with the power to bless our army with the strength of Sand or the fury of Fire. Which shall it be?</INFO>
<RESPONSE id="sand">Sand</RESPONSE>
<RESPONSE id="fire">Fire</RESPONSE>
</EVENT>

I don't know if that's been fixed, but you better change it.

Anyway, just so you know, I'm now editing the campaign.

My Question: Can you please give us a volcanic 2vs2 map for the Demo? Please? It doesn't even have to be good.

tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 06:20 PM EDT (US)     995 / 1245       
Will ROL have the same script triggers(or more of them) as RON so we dont need to learn a whole new way to script?

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 08:27 PM EDT (US)     996 / 1245       
Why is the storyline so abysmal? You start out thinking you're going to find out exactly what's happenning but it's really just a bunch of jibberish, not to mention the final stage is ridiculously easy.

Quote from WH_demoneyekyo: "I would say u need more thinking playing "Go" then u would playing chess."
Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 08:57 PM EDT (US)     997 / 1245       
Why couldn't my local eb games have it in stock today?

ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 09:01 PM EDT (US)     998 / 1245       
I feel your pain Doggiedoodle...

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 05-09-06 11:10 PM EDT (US)     999 / 1245       
will there be a Big Huge Exporter for RoL like RoN? or will the exporter from RoN work for ROL?
The Bob
Zekeling
posted 05-09-06 11:22 PM EDT (US)     1000 / 1245       
Has the Australian release date been pushed back, as speculated in the thread linked?

http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,308,0,10

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames