You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 43 44 45 46 47  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
Archaeopterix
Zekeling
posted 06-03-06 07:35 PM EDT (US)     1101 / 1245       
Editor crashes
RoL turns black and I get an error message like "Rol crashed and will be shut down" with three report/reboot/dont bother-ish buttons. Here's when:

- [always crashes] When I alt-tab while a new scenario is being created (menu-->editor-->create new scen).
- [always crashes] When I try to add a script that has some error in it to a scenario, and when I then click "abort" or "debug".
- [always crashes] When I've just added an invalid script (which then turns red), and try to remove it again (right click, remove).
- [sometimes crashes] Alt-tab from the editor or maybe from the menu or in-game situations as well, I have not yet found the exact context this happens in.

And fear I'm not the only one. Thanks for looking into it.

Jumbalaya
Zekeling
posted 06-03-06 08:26 PM EDT (US)     1102 / 1245       
Greypawn, has the Rise of Legends team considered using it's own server instead of gamespy?

lol im jumby
RoLZypher
Zekeling
posted 06-04-06 03:38 AM EDT (US)     1103 / 1245       
Ok I have lurked on here for a month while working with a hardware technician and Microsoft's Support during that time. They have officially "given up" at MSgames and offered me a refund (instead of offering to buy my machine and try and figure out the conflict). Do I want to sell it? Hell no... but if this is a trend with some machines, it needs to be identified.
The hardware and ram have all been tested extensively. I own a Dell 3rd gen XPS with all standard type hardware. RoL has crashed right out of the box, through 4 patches, 3 full Windows XP Pro installs, 10 different video drivers, 2 different sound drivers, and every tweak, deacceleration, sound off, features disabling, heat/cooling test, performance reduction, and selective start up combination possible. Even 10 hours of remote assistance by hardware and MSGames tweaking things.

Every game under the sun I have runs fine. Flawlessly within reasonable parameters. That is all but RoL...

I play for 10-20 minutes, game freezes system with a high pitch tone. Must hold start button for 10 seconds to reboot. This happens without fail.

I can also produce corrupted save files by playing campaign and saving game while on RTS maps.

Sometimes even while loading the game at the precache or even during a mission load, it will lock up with the high pitch tone.

Other than that, the game works fine =p

So I am out of ideas and want to play RoL, it's a fine game, just can't seem to figure out why it won't run on my machine.

Specs:

P4 3.4 (enhanced)
2 gigs ram
Nvidia 7800 GTX
Sound Blaster X-Fi
Directx 9.0c
Apple Cinema 24"
Western Digital 250gig (Sata)
2x CD/DVD drives
All drivers and flashes up to date.

What do I do from here BHG?

Z

Death Hawk
Zekeling
posted 06-04-06 08:52 AM EDT (US)     1104 / 1245       
Heres an upset, I can only play custom games!

looking for quickmatch 1v1
-finding players
-prep for for game launch
-finding players
-prep for game.....etc

you get the point

Quoted from Storm Legion:

C&C - dont say it's realistic... since when do you have cyborgs, four legged behemoths with the fireing capability of several battleships and... a bald man who is immune to death somehow?

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 06-04-06 12:38 PM EDT (US)     1105 / 1245       
nvm that one

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...

[This message has been edited by storm legion (edited 06-04-2006 @ 02:02 PM).]

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 06-05-06 02:57 PM EDT (US)     1106 / 1245       

Quote:

Greypawn, did you guys at BHG get the name Zeke from one of the Testers, Zeke Marks? Or was it just a conicdence?

According to my sources, Zeke was a totally coincidental name for the lovable, huggable washer/dryer-looking robot.

Quote:

Since you cannot increase the pop cap in multiplayer games (BOOOOO HISSSSS) can you confirm that we can increase the pop cap via rules.xml in single player games?

This is confirmed, you can alter the popcap for singleplayer games by using rules.xml.

Quote:

Would it be possible to implement ELO for clans?

It is possible, in fact, a slot already exists for such a thing. I'll inquire further regarding this and let you know.

Quote:

To win in a scenario map does a player need only to destroy the city the opponent begins with or will the player have to destroy all cities the opponent controls? (personally I like the latter) Sorry don't have the game...yet...

Victory is achieved when you have captured either the enemy capitol city or all of the enemy cities, depending on the game settings. You can also toggle Sudden Death, which means a player is defeated if even one of his cities is conquered.

Quote:

Editor crashes
RoL turns black and I get an error message like "Rol crashed and will be shut down" with three report/reboot/dont bother-ish buttons. Here's when:

Thanks for the heads-up on these issues with the editor.

Quote:

Greypawn, has the Rise of Legends team considered using it's own server instead of gamespy?

Yes, we have. During the development process, all options are considered, and this was one of them.

The Gamespy server itself isn't the primary culprit in the most recenty issues with RoL Online, but rather a few minor counterintuitive interface oversights have caused most of the major difficulty with online play. These are being addressed and corrected in a Connectivity patch that is actually in testing right now.

Quote:

I play for 10-20 minutes, game freezes system with a high pitch tone. Must hold start button for 10 seconds to reboot. This happens without fail.

That's a very unique crash! Can you play other recent games without this problem occuring? Are your drivers (specifically video and sound card) up to date? Here's a last-ditch effort to try, that has helped remedy some arcane problems on certain machines-

1. Open the file found under \My Documents\My Games\Rise of Legends\ called "personal.ini" in a text editor, such as Notepad.
2. Scroll to the very bottom and add the following line "HardwareAudio=0" without the quotation marks.
3. Go to File>Save and then Save that over the old one.
4. Run the game.

If that doesn't work, send your dxdiag.txt to info@bighugegames.com and we'll see what we can see.

Quote:

Heres an upset, I can only play custom games!
looking for quickmatch 1v1
-finding players
-prep for for game launch

This is also a problem that is being addressed in the Connectivity patch I mention above.

Jumbalaya
Zekeling
posted 06-05-06 03:29 PM EDT (US)     1107 / 1245       

Quote:

The Gamespy server itself isn't the primary culprit in the most recenty issues with RoL Online, but rather a few minor counterintuitive interface oversights have caused most of the major difficulty with online play. These are being addressed and corrected in a Connectivity patch that is actually in testing right now.

Good to hear!

lol im jumby
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 06-05-06 04:25 PM EDT (US)     1108 / 1245       
yes! a patch its a step in the right direction for online play
JediJacenSolo
Zekeling
posted 06-05-06 06:16 PM EDT (US)     1109 / 1245       
Ok, must mark down what page I post, otherwise, I'll never find it again.

I found this earlier.

Quote:

Quote:

And my question: Can we edit skins in a) the demo and b) the actual game?

Yup!

How?!

chargerrich
Zekeling
posted 06-06-06 11:54 AM EDT (US)     1110 / 1245       
Grey Pawn
Can you look into the pop cap issue with single player games?

I have spoken to a number of people who are experiencing the exact same problem. The changes to rules.xml are made but the effects are not present (still 300 cap). Other changes to units and such do take effect and work fine, but i cannot figure out for the life of me why the pop cap wont go above 300.

You already confirmed its possible with rules.xml but i count 5 people now that cannot get it to work. I know the xml pretty well and i am just beginning to think that its a patch issue, or something hard coded with skirmishes.

Thank you,

Jumbalaya
Zekeling
posted 06-08-06 03:22 PM EDT (US)     1111 / 1245       
Greypawn, is it possible for you to tell me how many Cd Keys have made an account? Not the number of accounts, but the number of Cd Keys.

lol im jumby
ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 06-08-06 04:03 PM EDT (US)     1112 / 1245       
Woah 1111 posts!...Wait my post just ruined it, sorry.

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1
Taufiq Khan
Zekeling
(id: Shala_T)
posted 06-11-06 07:03 AM EDT (US)     1113 / 1245       
That Connectivity patch sounds like a godsend. Cheers to BHG!

★★★★★
GI_Joe
Zekeling
posted 06-11-06 04:00 PM EDT (US)     1114 / 1245       
Just 2 bugs I found that I'll report just in case they haven't been yet.

(1) The comma hotkey doesn't work as intended. It should cycle through all military units, yes? But it selects one unit, and stays there no matter how many times I press it.

(2) The tutorial hints for the Vinci campaign map about the Pirata Aerodrome contain an error in the text. One of the bonus quests is to build up your base, and one thing on the to-do list is to build a telescope. The hints that guide you how to do that point at the telescope button and, after you've pressed it, point at the mini-map and "right click to point the telescope." However, when you hover the mouse over the minimap after clicking the telescope button, a floating box above the map appears that tells you to LEFT-click to point the telescope. The contradicting directions were confusing to us new players.

[This message has been edited by GI_Joe (edited 06-11-2006 @ 04:01 PM).]

Chicken1010
Zekeling
posted 06-11-06 04:23 PM EDT (US)     1115 / 1245       
will BHG be making patches to fix the scenario editor?

its not harasment, its making fun of someone for being stupid
GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 06-12-06 08:08 AM EDT (US)     1116 / 1245       
Hullo Greypawn, sorry to bring this up here, but about my problem...

http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action­=ct&f=2,474,0,10

I emailed info@bighugegames.com a little over a week ago but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm getting pretty anxious about this problem, and now it seems I'm not the only person with it =/.

You don't by any chance know of any updates to my situation, do you? =/

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 06-12-06 12:49 PM EDT (US)     1117 / 1245       
What exactly is the problem with the editor? I asked some time ago and someone replied it had bee nfixed with the latest patch.
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 06-12-06 04:16 PM EDT (US)     1118 / 1245       

Quote:

Quote:
And my question: Can we edit skins in a) the demo and b) the actual game?
Yup!
How?!

Some of the answers to the questions back 4-6 months ago are no longer valid, as much has changed since then. At current, you can't alter unit skins in the demo or retail version of the game.

Quote:

Grey Pawn
Can you look into the pop cap issue with single player games?
I have spoken to a number of people who are experiencing the exact same problem. The changes to rules.xml are made but the effects are not present (still 300 cap). Other changes to units and such do take effect and work fine, but i cannot figure out for the life of me why the pop cap wont go above 300.

You already confirmed its possible with rules.xml but i count 5 people now that cannot get it to work. I know the xml pretty well and i am just beginning to think that its a patch issue, or something hard coded with skirmishes.

Didn't Evolved mention that he got this mod to work before? After speaking with a few of our scenario designers, they've told me that it should work as intended, as long as you have all of the files unzipped from the modpack in the correct directories.

Quote:

Greypawn, is it possible for you to tell me how many Cd Keys have made an account? Not the number of accounts, but the number of Cd Keys.

Nope! Why, I do reckon that's proprietary info- them thar' stats.

Quote:

Just 2 bugs I found that I'll report just in case they haven't been yet.
(1) The comma hotkey doesn't work as intended. It should cycle through all military units, yes? But it selects one unit, and stays there no matter how many times I press it.

(2) The tutorial hints for the Vinci campaign map about the Pirata Aerodrome contain an error in the text. One of the bonus quests is to build up your base, and one thing on the to-do list is to build a telescope. The hints that guide you how to do that point at the telescope button and, after you've pressed it, point at the mini-map and "right click to point the telescope." However, when you hover the mouse over the minimap after clicking the telescope button, a floating box above the map appears that tells you to LEFT-click to point the telescope. The contradicting directions were confusing to us new players.

Thanks for catching these! I'll be sure to forward them on to Quality Assurance for consideration and testing.

Quote:

will BHG be making patches to fix the scenario editor?

At current, the primary focus is making the multiplayer matchmaking more functional and stable, and the online experience a more seamless one. I can't really say at this time how soon any updates will be made to the Scenario Editor.

Quote:

I emailed info@bighugegames.com a little over a week ago but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm getting pretty anxious about this problem, and now it seems I'm not the only person with it =/.

You don't by any chance know of any updates to my situation, do you? =/

Given the situation you are describing in the thread, something is wrong on a systemic level. I would recommend installing a freshly downloaded copy of the latest DirectX, from Microsoft. If that doesn't work, e-mail me again and we can escalate it further.

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 06-12-06 04:30 PM EDT (US)     1119 / 1245       
yipes! hope i'm not too late for an answer!

on the auto-match, when you get put into a match it doesn't show the player's portrait, this is really more of an aesthetic thing, but i like to see my glass dragon =D i mean it shows the level of the player, the race they are playing, everything, all it doesn't show is the portrait

any chance of this being changed?

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
Chicken1010
Zekeling
posted 06-12-06 05:04 PM EDT (US)     1120 / 1245       
ok thanks greypawn

its not harasment, its making fun of someone for being stupid
ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 06-12-06 07:12 PM EDT (US)     1121 / 1245       
Hey Greypawn,any word on how the online bugs patch is going along?

(edit) Also any chance of a ETA for the patch?

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1

[This message has been edited by ChaosMaster130 (edited 06-12-2006 @ 07:13 PM).]

Micster
Zekeling
posted 06-12-06 09:25 PM EDT (US)     1122 / 1245       
Greypawn, since Clockwork Spiders are also Clockwork, wouldn't that give them the Clockwork bonuses that Clockwork Men recieve? Or was it removed as it overpowered the Clockwork Spiders?

Oh noes.
I Am Hollywood
Zekeling
posted 06-12-06 11:56 PM EDT (US)     1123 / 1245       

Greypawn! Haven't posted here in awhile,
but I just wanted to say thanks again for everything so far!

Oh..

And, WHERE ARE MY CUOTL HERO ICONS!!!

I really would love to have my multiplayer icon be Ix, or Czin.
That'd be uber-tight.

Anyways, thanks again Greypawn!

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Machiavelli*

Oh it hurts to be this good.
DesertWalker
Zekeling
posted 06-13-06 01:04 AM EDT (US)     1124 / 1245       
Just out of curiosity...is this screenshot, http://www.bighugegames.com/riseoflegends/popup_screen_37_2.­­html,on max uhh graphics and other settings?

Edit: Ok the link doesn't seem to work, but the screen is the 36th screenshot of the week.

0000000000 DesertWalker 000000000000
Yay!ROL!!

[This message has been edited by DesertWalker (edited 06-13-2006 @ 01:07 AM).]

Shrink
on the trender train
posted 06-13-06 04:50 AM EDT (US)     1125 / 1245       
It's very likely it is max settings - they want to show off their game as looking as best as possible, after all.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 43 44 45 46 47  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames