You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 44 45 46 47 48  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 06-13-06 08:45 AM EDT (US)     1126 / 1245       
screen 36 is art for the intro cinematic, and the link you posted should go to screen 37 judging by the address

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
MudokonGod
Banned
posted 06-13-06 09:46 AM EDT (US)     1127 / 1245       
Couple of questions:
Do you see anything wrong with Czin's dominance over the other Cuotl heroes, or do you think they're balanced fine?

And any news on when the Encyclopedia goes online? (unless it's already been launched and I'm just too stupid to have noticed)

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 06-13-06 02:32 PM EDT (US)     1128 / 1245       
not really, personally i've seen Xil at least used to great effectiveness as well as Czin, Shok isnt used so often though... or very well for that matter (but that may be because all the cuotl players choose either xil or czin in preference to shok once they've played a few games i guess)

early game anyways, Xil seems more deadly, with his ray beam thingy and blinding armour early game i find he's the better choice

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 06-13-06 08:39 PM EDT (US)     1129 / 1245       
Greypawn, I seem to have a problem someone else mentioned here, all my replays are corrupted. I happened probably from 23 to 24 june, and I didn't mess around with anything...
It just gives me a message that the file is corrupted and that it isnt a replay file...
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 06-14-06 11:43 AM EDT (US)     1130 / 1245       

Quote:

on the auto-match, when you get put into a match it doesn't show the player's portrait, this is really more of an aesthetic thing, but i like to see my glass dragon =D i mean it shows the level of the player, the race they are playing, everything, all it doesn't show is the portrait

any chance of this being changed?

I can't say definitively, but it probably isn't likely to change anytime in the immediate future, not that we'd rule out the possibility.

Quote:

Hey Greypawn,any word on how the online bugs patch is going along?

(edit) Also any chance of a ETA for the patch?

Patches, much like the bugs they fix, are finicky creatures in nature, so it is difficult to nail down an absolute release date for them until they are totally finished testing. The latest patch is already on the fast-track to going live, so we'll be releasing it ASAP just as soon as it is finished testing.

Quote:

Greypawn, since Clockwork Spiders are also Clockwork, wouldn't that give them the Clockwork bonuses that Clockwork Men recieve? Or was it removed as it overpowered the Clockwork Spiders?

One would think! However, they do not possess the scavenging abilities of their bipedal clockwork counterparts. Balance-wise, I'm sure it was considered and possibly even a part of their repertoire at one point.

From a contextual perspective, the Clockwork Men were originally designed by Giacomo as Miners, capable of manipulating tools and mining equipment, which makes them better equipped for scavenging usable parts. The Clockwork Spiders came later, and were invented with operating on the battlefield in mind, moreso as a machine of war than previous Clockwork inventions.

Quote:

And, WHERE ARE MY CUOTL HERO ICONS!!!

I really would love to have my multiplayer icon be Ix, or Czin.
That'd be uber-tight.

Anyways, thanks again Greypawn!

I'll pass this along, and see if it can't be slated to add them in to a future patch.

Quote:

Couple of questions:
Do you see anything wrong with Czin's dominance over the other Cuotl heroes, or do you think they're balanced fine?
And any news on when the Encyclopedia goes online? (unless it's already been launched and I'm just too stupid to have noticed)

Czin, who is by far my personal favorite hero, isn't in my estimation overpowered. He has a fair number of good abilities, but doesn't outclass his flying and Sun-based counterparts.

We'll be continuing to balance things as the metrics warrant it through periodic patching.

As for the Encyclopedia, it is still under construction. On a related note, stay tuned to the BHG website in the next couple of days for the "Explorer's Atlas"!

Quote:

Greypawn, I seem to have a problem someone else mentioned here, all my replays are corrupted. I happened probably from 23 to 24 june, and I didn't mess around with anything...
It just gives me a message that the file is corrupted and that it isnt a replay file...

Not sure why your replays corrupted, but we didn't release a patch around that time, so that eliminates that possibility. Occasionally after a patch, replays will stop working or become corrupted, but we're working on a method to remedy this issue and help boost replay lifetime and consistency.

Quote:

Just out of curiosity...is this screenshot, http://www.bighugegames.com/riseoflegends/popup_screen_37_2.­­­html,on max uhh graphics and other settings?
Edit: Ok the link doesn't seem to

36 is actually a matte painting of the Alin Glass Desert as done by Dylan Cole. We couldn't resist adding it to the Gallery, even though it isn't technically a game-legal screenshot. 37 however, is, and all shots are taken on the highest settings available (with Anti-Aliasing turned on).

[This message has been edited by GreyPawn (edited 06-14-2006 @ 11:49 AM).]

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 06-14-06 04:36 PM EDT (US)     1131 / 1245       
The things is, I patched the game as soon as I finished installing, and the first 5 or 6 games I played aren't corrupted. Occasionaly, when I got to the replay folder, other file types appear along with the replays such as XML(at least the latest replays come with these) and a... phone book list for access through telephone? With the same icon of any internet connection I can have... Is this something maybe other players are doing through a program they run when playing multiplayer? I find it very strange...
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-14-06 05:25 PM EDT (US)     1132 / 1245       
that 'phone book file' is nothing of the sort.

It just uses a file extension windows associates with an adress book.

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 06-14-06 11:31 PM EDT (US)     1133 / 1245       
I found a "mistake" in the Cuotl campaign. **POSSIBLE SPOILER** To finish it you need to conquer Czin's capital right? Well, the only way to get to Czin's capital is through a territory just north of the capital called Lunar Scars. However, when you invade Lunar Scars, it loads a previous scenario named Rain Flats, instead of the actual Lunar Scars scenario.
liku
Zekeling
posted 06-15-06 12:20 PM EDT (US)     1134 / 1245       
Will formation be added in the future?
This game is pretty cool, but with little formation it will be greater and more strategical.

another thing:

when moving unit:
i i right click and drag in a direction i indicate to my units where to face. [i think] but it is as strategicaly as in Ground Control 2 where units got différents armor ?[front back, side]

IT is bonus/malus brom being in heigh low position?

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 06-15-06 05:26 PM EDT (US)     1135 / 1245       
What are the two new maps besides miana station?

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

[This message has been edited by Doggiedoodle (edited 06-15-2006 @ 08:33 PM).]

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-15-06 05:33 PM EDT (US)     1136 / 1245       
Will you be angry if I tell you I can mod Multiplayer?
I Am Hollywood
Zekeling
posted 06-15-06 07:20 PM EDT (US)     1137 / 1245       
Lolercakes @ Evolved.
I hope to god not haha.

P.S. Greypawn I <3 the new map, just saw the screenies.
Awesome job.

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Machiavelli*

Oh it hurts to be this good.
Micster
Zekeling
posted 06-15-06 09:22 PM EDT (US)     1138 / 1245       
Greypawn, just out of curiousity, how old really is Giacomo? I've been hearing lots about him as a little boy and about his older brother Petruzzo from the Campaign and Journal.

Oh noes.
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-16-06 02:45 AM EDT (US)     1139 / 1245       
Well. I've modded the help.xml and got it applied to multiplaer. I can easily do the same to the other files.
icedrake8
Zekeling
posted 06-16-06 08:39 AM EDT (US)     1140 / 1245       
Lmao - you're a genius Evolved. I think BHG should hire you

I asked this in the Patch 1.5 thread as well but I'll put it here and hope for a response.

So far only two of my clanmates have trouble connecting (out of 12 with all the combinations thereof). With this new patch, will some people not be able to do anything at all? For example one of my clanmates has a security-freak father who absolutely refuses to open 6112 because he thinks it'll open up to a virus possibly, or that the line isn't secure or whatever. So we're worried that with this new patch he's going to be royally fudged.

Also, if you could point us to any documentation proving how secure the line really is it'd be great, hard evidence >>> Calle's dad :P

"Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming wind
Auguries of Destruction be a lullaby for Rebirth"

Proud Leader of the Order of Champions - OoC_Wolf

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-16-06 01:26 PM EDT (US)     1141 / 1245       
Hire me?
Well, don't think they could even if they would.
I'm only 13 after all, and live in England, not the US.

I'm worried about the integrity of RoL Multiplayer.
I'm going to post the multiplayer modding soon, giving VERY limited information to prevent the possibility of using modded unitrules.xml, which has not yet been checked.

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 06-16-06 02:07 PM EDT (US)     1142 / 1245       

Quote:

the integrity of RoL Multiplayer.

if you've found a way then i'd make sure it's safe first before unleashing any info on it, i mean say the host is playing so that player 1 gets a bopnus resource rate of 500 and resource cap bonus of 1000 and 5000 bonus resources for all resources, or change speeds of caravans or unit stats to cheat thier way in RoL

of course i have no idea what you're planning with your mod, but just a little side-note

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 06-16-06 10:48 PM EDT (US)     1143 / 1245       
I would be very surprised if they don't have sync protections in place.

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

Bridger
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 02:03 AM EDT (US)     1144 / 1245       
I'm sure if people had different unitrules it would go OOS, i'd send it to forumsupport@bighugegames.com first.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 02:57 AM EDT (US)     1145 / 1245       
Yes, it prolly would.
But if they changed something like line of sight it could be possible for no crash.
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 11:03 AM EDT (US)     1146 / 1245       
code255
Zekeling
posted 06-19-06 07:43 AM EDT (US)     1147 / 1245       
GreyPawn:

It's really annoying that the AI sometimes instantly resigns. I haven't seen it happen in 1on1s against Tough AIs, but I've played some co-op 2on2s with a friend of mine against a Default and a Tough AI, and whenever one enemy capital gets captured, the other AI gives up. There's no way of choosing to continue playing and have fun destroying all of his forces.

Could you guys maybe implement some "no AI resignations" option?

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 06-19-06 08:10 PM EDT (US)     1148 / 1245       
The AI first ask you if you accept their resigntation, just click no and you will continue the game.
DesertWalker
Zekeling
posted 06-19-06 10:05 PM EDT (US)     1149 / 1245       
Umm is this screen correct? http://media.pc.ign.com/media/746/746556/img_3619650.html

It shows that Sawu's ultimate spell is to summon a glass dragon, but i thought i was a huge glass spider?

0000000000 DesertWalker 000000000000
Yay!ROL!!
Glassmage
Zekeling
posted 06-19-06 10:19 PM EDT (US)     1150 / 1245       
Only in the campaign that Sawu's ultimate spell is summon a Glass Dragon, in quick match and multiplayer, the ultimate spell is Giant Glass Spider.

you can't spell 'ignorance' without IGN.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 44 45 46 47 48  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames