You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 46 47 48 49 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 07-02-06 00:06 AM EDT (US)     1176 / 1245       
You cannot add a camera function that is only usable by people with the highest end computers. This would provide a disadvantage to anyone with min-medium spec computers when competing online. Imagine if one person could see more of the battlefield than another simple because he had a better computer? Simply not fair or balanced for competition.

I don't see why they couldn't enable it for singleplayer though.

As for more than 300 pop, i don't think you know what you are asking. it's entirely posible to fight on 3 fronts with 150 cap, much less 300. I've played almost 200 games including large team games and lots of 1v1s, i've only ever hit the 300 cap once (playing quetzels ploom, where nobody has a land access to anyone else, took 2 hours till flying units and master units finally ended it).

I don't think there's any reason for them to increase the limit, as it would only cause problems for people with poor computers.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Henara
Zekeling
posted 07-04-06 06:23 AM EDT (US)     1177 / 1245       
When will this "game-crashes-without-any-reason-issue" be fixed?
Will the multiplayer games become more stable?
It seems to me, when I open a multiplayer game and i have f.e. 2 friends who want to join me, one of them gets in, but the second needs @ least a 3rd login try until he makes it into the game!
could it be that gamespy or perhaps some multiplayerparts of Rol are very slow?
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 07-04-06 05:38 PM EDT (US)     1178 / 1245       

Quote:

GreyPawn, any chance of some Mother Nature units that have a chance of attacking in the future?

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the forces of nature taking their vengeance on the inhabitants of Aio.

Quote:

Will there be at least one new faction in the RoL Expansion?

At current, nothing has been publically announced, so I can't really comment.

Quote:

Sorry Greypawn for answering your questions! Have this question instead:
Is it possible to use more than one tileset on a single map? For example, I would like to have jungle terrains in the south, and arctic/snowy terrains in the north.

I appreciate the help with the question answering. Thank you! As for your question, unfortunately no. Only one tileset can be used at a time for map creation, as far as I'm aware, unless someone has modded it otherwise.

Quote:

When will this "game-crashes-without-any-reason-issue" be fixed?
Will the multiplayer games become more stable?
It seems to me, when I open a multiplayer game and i have f.e. 2 friends who want to join me, one of them gets in, but the second needs @ least a 3rd login try until he makes it into the game!
could it be that gamespy or perhaps some multiplayerparts of Rol are very slow?

It could be that either yourself or your friends aren't configured properly for online play. With the latest connectivity patch, this shouldn't be as much of a problem as it was in the past, but there still might be a snag or two with config issues. You might try to diagnose which out of you and your friends is misconfigured by actively participating in 2v2's and 3v3's apart from one another, and then have the person experiencing the problems use the connectivity issues button at the bottom of the multiplayer interface to troubleshoot what may be the problem. Hope this helps!

Quote:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there an ETA on when the patch that supports the Ageia card is going to be released? I got the card for specifically for this game, so I'm hoping it will be soon!
Cheers,
PCG

Nothing has been announced at current, so I can't really offer an ETA at this time.

As an aside-

Happy 4th of July to those you stateside!

Henara
Zekeling
posted 07-05-06 06:23 AM EDT (US)     1179 / 1245       
I don`t know if i am asking for something you are not allowed to tell me, but how many men (or men and women) are working on patches and improvements for ROL (all together, perhaps with the guys who work on a possible addon).
And how much time does it take that certain sized team to create a patch like the last one?

Can you guys from BHG launch a vote (perhaps onlince through every account or cd-key), listing possible improvements to ask the community what it wants? In germany there was a tv show of guys, they wanted to make a movie for cinema, gave about 8 topics what the movie should be about => people voted their favorite, and it was the most successfull movie ever played in german cinemas!
perhaps such a system could help you guys which of your suggestions should get in the game or not.

tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 07-05-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)     1180 / 1245       
Could BHG make a exporter for a free model program?

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
optimoose prime
Zekeling
posted 07-05-06 04:21 PM EDT (US)     1181 / 1245       
Any chance of a Linux port?
Agamemnus
Zekeling
posted 07-05-06 05:26 PM EDT (US)     1182 / 1245       
tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 00:23 AM EDT (US)     1183 / 1245       
this is something were all asking. Is BHG gonna do anything about gamespy. theres a ton of server splits disconnections and tons of things. its really killing the game. if they will do anything about it what?

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
Carnitron
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 00:28 AM EDT (US)     1184 / 1245       
Greypawn, thanks for the reply.

FYI, there is an announcement here:

http://ageia.vnewscenter.com/press.jsp?id=1141898679425

though maybe you mean that there will be another announcement about the upcoming patch that enables this support?

It's still on the table, right?

Cheers,
PCG

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-07-06 09:02 AM EDT (US)     1185 / 1245       
Heya Greypawn.

Q1: Could you please give us a detail of all the stuff BHG is doing between now and Tuesday?
Q2: How long did it take to really make the Game Engine?
Q3: Is it just me or are a lot of the data files just copied from RoN and modded?

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-07-06 06:32 PM EDT (US)     1186 / 1245       
ne other clues about the big anouncemet maybe 100 Xs
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 07-08-06 10:28 AM EDT (US)     1187 / 1245       

Quote:

listing possible improvements to ask the community what it wants?

As any game designer will tell you the community does not know what it wants.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Kaveman
Zekeling
posted 07-10-06 09:06 AM EDT (US)     1188 / 1245       
How much profit did BHG make in the last 3 years ?
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-10-06 08:51 PM EDT (US)     1189 / 1245       
wats ur estimate for the new patches
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-10-06 09:28 PM EDT (US)     1190 / 1245       
Kaveman, I highly doubt BHG will tell you that...
Won't even tell me how well the sales have been going generally, not that there isn't a reason behind that of course...

[This message has been edited by Evolved (edited 07-10-2006 @ 09:29 PM).]

One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 07-11-06 01:03 AM EDT (US)     1191 / 1245       
sales figures are proprietary business information, so obviously they wont release that info just to everyone.
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-11-06 01:44 PM EDT (US)     1192 / 1245       
Anyway.

Greypawn, how do you get the game to move during cinematics like in teh campaign?

AtLeastTry
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 10:51 AM EDT (US)     1193 / 1245       
RoL is going to have a rating site like RoN?

take these misunderstandings and send them back where they came from its hard enough to live life

[This message has been edited by AtLeastTry (edited 07-12-2006 @ 04:12 PM).]

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 07-13-06 02:57 PM EDT (US)     1194 / 1245       

Quote:

As any game designer will tell you the community does not know what it wants.

This one actually has a pretty good idea. Usually when you take the sum total of the community feedback on an issue and divide by a common denominator, a fairly decent image of what the community's needs and desires comes into view.

Quote:

How much profit did BHG make in the last 3 years ?

The Spiritchief Yontash is our only Rise of Legends prodigious prognosticator, so as far as prophets of the past three years go - one.

Quote:

wats ur estimate for the new patches

Patch releases are notoriously difficult to nail down to a specific timeframe, and can be more difficult to predict than the weather. We've got one in the cooker right now in testing that we're aiming to release sometime in the coming week or two... probably sooner than later.

Quote:

Greypawn, how do you get the game to move during cinematics like in teh campaign?

Will have an answer for you on this via e-mail soon.

Quote:

RoL is going to have a rating site like RoN?

It already does, though it is accessed through in-game means right now. This may change in the future.

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-14-06 09:52 AM EDT (US)     1195 / 1245       
do u play online
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-14-06 09:56 AM EDT (US)     1196 / 1245       
Yep. He plays in Late Afternoons and Evenings and usually aims for at least 1 hour of online play a day.
All BHG Staff play their games, that's part of the fun of it. He's BHG_Greypawn I think...

[This message has been edited by Evolved (edited 07-14-2006 @ 09:57 AM).]

S31Apocalypse
Zekeling
posted 07-15-06 11:36 PM EDT (US)     1197 / 1245       
i still got recording of a game i got to play with brian r back on RONs day 1.. it was like my second game i didnt last long..

I thought how cool a developer playing with the general public..

S31|Apocalypse
www.s31clan.com
You Will all Beg for Mercy! In Vain!!
"Regis Mark V"
As a Human I will not Worship any being out there! I can not Lower myself !!
"Apocalypse"
GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 07-18-06 11:58 AM EDT (US)     1198 / 1245       
Besides the tourney and the upcoming patch, what has BHG been up to? I mean, the riseoflegends.com site is barely updated. I'm just really worried because of the lack of stuff going on . When RoL came out, I was expecting a flood of stuff on Riseoflegends.com- detailed unit guides (more than what is up there right now), more background info....but all that we've gotten is a very slow trickle of tidbits, and I'm getting a bit impatient.

I know I don't have a right to say: "Hey, give us more stuff", but I'm sure you can admit it's been an awfully long time since we've gotten anything in the way of Giacomo's Journals or the Rise of the Dark Alin stories. Not to mention that map of Aio that has yet to be released :S.

I hate the thought of RoL's already small community dying, but it just seems to me that BHG isn't making as much of an effort as it could to fix it. I mean, I appreciate the patches, and I hope that the current tourney works out, but....I c'mon- those building and unit guides on the official website are out of date! o_0 I mean, what's going on over there? :P

Sorry if I come off as being rude or disrespectful, I don't mean to. I'm just really worried that RoL's going to die )=.

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
DesertWalker
Zekeling
posted 07-18-06 09:53 PM EDT (US)     1199 / 1245       
Hey GreyPawn, I have a question about the system reqs. for RoL... See I'm playing the demo right now (hopefully will get the game soon..) and even though the official reqs. for the game say that u need 64 bit graphics card, I can still play the game itself with a 32 bit card, can u explain that?

gotta say the game is amazing!

0000000000 DesertWalker 000000000000
Yay!ROL!!

[This message has been edited by DesertWalker (edited 07-28-2006 @ 03:05 PM).]

Henara
Zekeling
posted 07-19-06 03:51 AM EDT (US)     1200 / 1245       
Desert Walker is right in a certain way!

but what i would appreciate more are for example new multiplayermaps! as i have not been into games which are made from players themself (i don`t know why there are none, there was enough time for a lot of guys to make their own maps for multiplayer).
=> there are to less maps for multiplayer, its getting a little bit boring!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 46 47 48 49 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames