You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-19-06 05:07 PM EDT (US)     1201 / 1245       
i think that people havent made ne maps yet be cause the editor is a little but frustrating and caonfusing atleast for me

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 07-19-2006 @ 05:08 PM).]

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-20-06 11:05 PM EDT (US)     1202 / 1245       
Greypawn, it is a brilliant move reducing super piratas.
In a match earlier today, I managed to take almost all of an enemies territory during 5 mins of a big battle, using 6 super piratas.

I then set them upon his capital (should have done it first), and absolutely pwned it, due to little defences. He won the big battle in 5 1/2 min or so, and set upon my capital (around which the fighting had been).

In the end, with 30 seconds head start or so, my 6 piratas only lost to a MASSIVELY POWERFUL AND BIG ARMY by 4 seconds. 4!

ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 07-20-06 11:28 PM EDT (US)     1203 / 1245       
Hey GreyPawn, About how big is this afreet attack damage boost?

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-21-06 00:45 AM EDT (US)     1204 / 1245       
The scenario editer is to complex and annoying, that's why I haven't made any maps yet, ron's scenario editer was nice and simple and easy to use, that's what made it so great.

So my question is, why did you guys make the scenario editor so complex?

P.S Are you guys thinking of adding any new resources?

Since that was another thing that made ron so great that this game lacks, ron had a ton of different resources, this game only has three!!

P.P.S Have you guys started working on the online issues yet? or are you still just making balance changes and adding maps?

That was yet another thing that made ron so great, the online service, it had no bugs from the begginning, this game's online service has tons of bugs and is missing a lot of essential stuff that rol had.

I think you guys spent too much time on the graphics of this game, who values the graphics of the game above everything else? (not an actual question)

[This message has been edited by NaturalViolence (edited 07-21-2006 @ 00:53 AM).]

ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 07-21-06 02:48 AM EDT (US)     1205 / 1245       
Hey GreyPawn
Any thought's on getting rid of gamespy?
Cuz if you don't get rid of it sooner or later, This game will die a horrable slow death, and I don't want that.

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 07-21-06 02:54 AM EDT (US)     1206 / 1245       
Greypawn, I'll help you answer the above post.

The scenario editor was made this way to give designers more control and possibilities in their creations, or something along those lines.

P.S Are you guys thinking of adding any new resources?

Since that was another thing that made ron so great that this game lacks, ron had a ton of different resources, this game only has three!!

That was made to go along with the games motto, something about beeing able to win a game withing 20 minutes, much likes RoN had it's "history in your lunch hour" RoL's is something like "Legends in your coffee break", their intent was to minimize the time speant on creatinga a stable economy so the adition of new resources would contradict their initial purpose.

That was yet another thing that made ron so great, the online service, it had no bugs from the begginning, this game's online service has tons of bugs and is missing a lot of essential stuff that rol had.

I'm gonna take a wild guess, and say that you're joking about the whole "ron had a great online service from start" thing, no comments on this one...

NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-21-06 03:30 AM EDT (US)     1207 / 1245       
I wasn't joking and also and chaosmasters right they need to get rid of gamespy, everybody hates gamespy.
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-21-06 08:08 AM EDT (US)     1208 / 1245       
he know every1 hates it but he alwaysw says its not bhgs choice its microsofts and they proboly dont want to put the money into getting or making i new multiplayer system
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-21-06 08:25 AM EDT (US)     1209 / 1245       
Yeah.

From my point of view, Microsoft don't really care about the success of a game unless it's a well established series and they are in a good mood.

ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 07-21-06 09:28 AM EDT (US)     1210 / 1245       
Thats why I hate them. They stole Rareware to!

NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-23-06 07:56 AM EDT (US)     1211 / 1245       
BHG why did you spend so much time on the campaign that you had so little time for everything else?

P.S What the hell where you thinking!?!?!

P.P.S When will the observer bug be fixed?

Have you considered the following:

A clan news subtab in the community tab

A minimize button for chat windows

An alert for chat windows that something has just been typed in

What's the difference between .mpd and .rec recorded games?
Also, I have an idea, why doesn't BHG just combine native troops and structures along with campaign units and structures with the regular units and structures for each nation to make the nations bigger and more full?

Also It's been two weeks now and BHG still hasn't answered my E-mail what the hell are they doing over there?!?

Sorry about the post but I'm really pissed off at BHG right now for letting this game die a slow and painfull death and not answering my E-mail.

I wouldn't make this a whole new topic and simple post it under questions if people just actually answered my questions.

Also this patch isn't supposed to do very much (I've read the list of the things that it's supposed to do) so why is it taking them so long to create?

If BHG doesn't save this game soon I'm probably going to be bored with this game by the time the tournament comes.

This is a cry for help, BHG I'm really dissapointed and angry at you right now

[This message has been edited by NaturalViolence (edited 07-23-2006 @ 08:22 AM).]

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-23-06 09:15 PM EDT (US)     1212 / 1245       
can u give us ne info about the upcoming patch is it a really big 1? casue its taking a while adn will this patch fix ne multiplayer problems
Glassmage
Zekeling
posted 07-24-06 08:54 PM EDT (US)     1213 / 1245       
BHG, can you make One With Sand upgrade of the Desert Walkers stronger? It's pretty useless.

you can't spell 'ignorance' without IGN.
Henara
Zekeling
posted 07-25-06 09:12 AM EDT (US)     1214 / 1245       
Has one of you BHG-guys ever played Battlefield 2?

Why don`t you make maps which can be played as 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4?
Wouldn`t that be a great idea? So you would have a lot more maps for each kind of XvX.

You know what I mean? if its 1v1, then only a small part of the map is "playable". If its going to be 4v4 100% could be played on!

What u think about that idea?

Henara
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 11:53 AM EDT (US)     1215 / 1245       
I and my brother are playing both Rol!
We are going both online with one router!
We can not get in one game (we can but then no one joines) to play!

How can we get that fixed? Or have we wasted about 100 € for Rol and can not play together?

[This message has been edited by Henara (edited 07-28-2006 @ 11:54 AM).]

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 07-28-06 03:11 PM EDT (US)     1216 / 1245       

Quote:

Besides the tourney and the upcoming patch, what has BHG been up to? I mean, the riseoflegends.com site is barely updated. I'm just really worried because of the lack of stuff going on . When RoL came out, I was expecting a flood of stuff on Riseoflegends.com- detailed unit guides (more than what is up there right now), more background info....but all that we've gotten is a very slow trickle of tidbits, and I'm getting a bit impatient.

Bug fixes, exploit fixes, resolving stability issues, creating new maps for episodic release, balance testing and tweaking along with tournament organization and sponsorship with ClanWars, GameReplays, Mastersleague, and the $100,000 Ultimate Championship. Fansite promotion, forum interaction and work on the ever-elusive Encyclopedia Aio, which incidentally includes the full Map of Aio. We're up to quite a bit!

RiseofLegends.com is actually the marketing site for RoL, and isn't updated as often as BigHugeGames.com is, as far as news and events go.

Quote:

I know I don't have a right to say: "Hey, give us more stuff", but I'm sure you can admit it's been an awfully long time since we've gotten anything in the way of Giacomo's Journals or the Rise of the Dark Alin stories. Not to mention that map of Aio that has yet to be released :S.

You have the right to say "Give us more!", and we are working on doing just that.

Quote:

I hate the thought of RoL's already small community dying, but it just seems to me that BHG isn't making as much of an effort as it could to fix it. I mean, I appreciate the patches, and I hope that the current tourney works out, but....I c'mon- those building and unit guides on the official website are out of date! o_0 I mean, what's going on over there? :P

All indications point to a sharp rise in concurrent online users this past month, and news of the upcoming tournament has reached a fair number of competitive professional gamers, so we'll be seeing a gradual increase in the strength of the community from here on out. In response, we'll be stepping our levels of support as far as content and promotion goes, and we'll probably be running an advertising campaign to spread the news even further once we get closer to September.

Quote:

Hey GreyPawn, I have a question about the system reqs. for RoL... See I'm playing the demo right now (hopefully will get the game soon..) and even though the official reqs. for the game say that u need 64 bit graphics card, I can still play the game itself, can u explain that?

The requirements for Rise of Legends are a 64 MB video card with hardware transform and lighting. If you can play the demo on your current setup, chances are that you'll be able to play the retail version.

Quote:

The scenario editor was made this way to give designers more control and possibilities in their creations, or something along those lines.

Quite right! Big Huge Games actually builds the maps we release in the editor, so it is very powerful. The drawback with any software that possesses powerful tools is that it can present quite a challenge to learn, and the learning curve can be quite sharp. You might want to check out the resources available here at Rise of Legends Heaven that we released along with the MapMaker's Guide for help with the editor.

Quote:

Hey GreyPawn
Any thought's on getting rid of gamespy?
Cuz if you don't get rid of it sooner or later, This game will die a horrable slow death, and I don't want that.

We aren't beyond considering alternatives for future games. Part of the reasoning for going with Gamespy originally was that there was a lack of proven alternative for RTS genre games on the market at the onset of development for Rise of Legends.

A lot of times we hear "Make your own like B.net!" from players, but typically, an undertaking like Blizzard's "Battle.net" or Ensemble Studios "Ensemble Studios Online" in-house multiplayer solutions are costly and time-consuming from a developmental perspective, and can run as much time and money as an actual whole game itself can. In recent history, other multiplayer SDK alternatives have presented themselves, such as Quazal and the soon-to-be released Windows Live!. More choices mean an opportunity to present a better quality online experience in games, and we will certainly weigh the opinions and suggestions of our players into future decisions regarding the topic.

Quote:

Hey GreyPawn, About how big is this afreet attack damage boost?

Alin Afreet’s normal attack burn damage is increased, and the Burning and Blazing attack spell does more damage, but over a shorter period of time. You can listen to a discussion about all the latest balance changes to be made in the recent roundtable with Doug Kaufman, Senior Game Designer at Big Huge Games hosted by Tales of Legend.

Quote:

BHG why did you spend so much time on the campaign that you had so little time for everything else?
P.S What the hell where you thinking!?!?!

P.P.S When will the observer bug be fixed?

I'll do my best to answer your questions and concerns in order. Let's see...

We feel the time spent on creating the single-player campaign was appropriate and proportional to the other major features of the game.

We were thinking, hey, this'd be fun!

The observer mode issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch. It is a top priority and is currently in testing for release.

Quote:

Have you considered the following:

A clan news subtab in the community tab

A minimize button for chat windows

An alert for chat windows that something has just been typed in

What's the difference between .mpd and .rec recorded games?
Also, I have an idea, why doesn't BHG just combine native troops and structures along with campaign units and structures with the regular units and structures for each nation to make the nations bigger and more full?

Yes, though there isn't much of a demand for it at the time, as most Clans have their own websites.

Yes, we're interested in improving the usability of chat in the multiplayer lobby. Though do bear in mind that the primary intent of the lobby is to get players into game as soon as possible, streamlining straight to the in-game head to head RTS action.

.rec files are the actual recorded games themselves. As for combining campaign units and structures, that isn't something we're considering at this point.

Quote:

Also It's been two weeks now and BHG still hasn't answered my E-mail what the hell are they doing over there?!?

Please send your e-mail direct to me at jpishgar@bighugegames.com and I'll do my best to answer any questions you might have.

Quote:

Also this patch isn't supposed to do very much (I've read the list of the things that it's supposed to do) so why is it taking them so long to create?

Quote:

can u give us ne info about the upcoming patch is it a really big 1? casue its taking a while adn will this patch fix ne multiplayer problems

We've actually got three fairly large patches in the works for Rise of Legends, though they may not be released seperately, but rather in combinations. Currently in the testing process are changes balance changes, replay survivability from version to version, and exploit fixes. Testing is necessary to make certain that a patch doesn't break more than it fixes.

Quote:

BHG, can you make One With Sand upgrade of the Desert Walkers stronger? It's pretty useless.

We'll take a look at it again after the latest round of balance changes go into effect.

Quote:

I and my brother are playing both Rol!
We are going both online with one router!
We can not get in one game (we can but then no one joines) to play!
How can we get that fixed? Or have we wasted about 100 € for Rol and can not play together?

I'd recommend checking out the multiplayer connectivity (click the button at the bottom of the multiplayer interface) or visiting here http://www.bighugegames.com/mpconnect/index.html and making sure that you have your router/firewall setup correctly to play Rise of Legends online.

Quote:

Why don`t you make maps which can be played as 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4?
Wouldn`t that be a great idea? So you would have a lot more maps for each kind of XvX.

That's an interesting idea! Though balancing would be very difficult on some of those, since, as a for instance, the Cuotl use energy and would be heavily limited due to the smaller number of neutral sites available. Worth looking into though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-29-06 08:28 AM EDT (US)     1217 / 1245       
i think theres a bug for clans i waz the founder but after 1 day it brought me down to leader and why cant u make more then one person a founder

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 07-29-2006 @ 08:28 AM).]

Henara
Zekeling
posted 07-29-06 08:35 AM EDT (US)     1218 / 1245       
Well i have done that greypawn...!
I checkt out the whole stuff @ connectivity.

=> but nothing changes!

the router has only 1 6112 port - can it be used by 2 computers? i think not...

My question is: is there no option to play together over one router with more then 1 computer? if there is anybody else out there where it is working => mail me or message me!

[This message has been edited by Henara (edited 07-31-2006 @ 02:57 AM).]

ironwill96
Zekeling
posted 07-29-06 12:33 PM EDT (US)     1219 / 1245       
Henara,
What you need to do is put one computer as the DMZ Host (this moves them out from behind the router's firewall). And then put your brother's computer as the target of the Port Forwarding. This should allow both computers to get out from behind the firewall, however, i'm not sure how ROL will handle having 2 computers on the same IP address in the same game. If they aren't using coded packet headers that address to a specific MAC address then it could be an issue.
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-29-06 08:11 PM EDT (US)     1220 / 1245       
Reply to post 1,217 by electric storm: The founder is as it states the founder of the clan, that's why you can't have more than one, and as for the founder to leader thing I think that they did that on purpose (not sure though)
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-30-06 01:56 PM EDT (US)     1221 / 1245       
Thanks greypawn for getting my site link on bighugegames.com

[This message has been edited by NaturalViolence (edited 07-31-2006 @ 03:01 PM).]

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-30-06 02:12 PM EDT (US)     1222 / 1245       
^try not to double post instead edit your previous message^
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-30-06 04:43 PM EDT (US)     1223 / 1245       
I know, sorry I didn't realize, that's weird, why did it let me do that anyways? did someone delete there post or something like that?
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 08-02-06 02:11 PM EDT (US)     1224 / 1245       
can u have a way that the host of a online game a can have the options to keep anyone else form joining because when u kick someone they can come back and keep coming back wich can mess up the start to the game

im fed up with game spy every other game i get into either dosent work gets a chat bug or crashes before it starts

y does a dissconnection count as a loss it should count as nothing

can u make it so a clan leader/founder can post a bullitin for a clan so taht every meember gets it

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 08-14-2006 @ 02:15 PM).]

genuineD
Zekeling
posted 08-16-06 05:16 PM EDT (US)     1225 / 1245       
What is an mpd file, and can I delete them? I put my interesting recorded games in different folders after renaming them and if I do not need the mpd files then I can delete them also, instead of renaming and moving them with the rec files.

What are the maps currently in the 1v1 rotation since Nohoch was removed?

I like the patch so far except for extreme sun idol nerf.

Is it possible to make that lumbering giant a little faster?

Thanks,
D

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames