You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 08-17-06 05:10 PM EDT (US)     1226 / 1245       

Quote:

What is an mpd file, and can I delete them? I put my interesting recorded games in different folders after renaming them and if I do not need the mpd files then I can delete them also, instead of renaming and moving them with the rec files.

.mpd files are a text version of what happened in the corrisponding replay (also has time stamps). Such as NaturalViolence constructed barracks (15:03). And yes you can delete them it won't do anything. BHG added this feature to help see if anyone cheats during the tournament. As for the rest of your questions I'm to lazy to rEAD THEM RIGHT NOW i'LL COME BACK AND ANSWER THEM LATER. opps I hit the caps lock key by accident. lol

genuineD
Zekeling
posted 08-18-06 11:13 AM EDT (US)     1227 / 1245       
Thanks Natural Violence, on the other stuff be lazy, I found out the maps in the 1v1 rotation from Doggiedoodle at gamereplay: All 1v1 maps but miana station, nohoch, elder's rise, and Coliseum are in the random small set(unless what hippo says is correct and it was only removed from quick match).
The sun idol stuff was just cuz I thought the original range was needed for the lack of speed.

D

genuineD
Zekeling
posted 08-27-06 11:52 AM EDT (US)     1228 / 1245       
Mr. GreyPawn,
Are you still answering question in this thread? If you are I have a bunch:

How many versions of RoL does BHG playtest at a time?

Is there any consideration being given to the idea of the cuotl holy ark having an attrition field at a higher research level? Was this tested and found to be too strong?

Why doesn't the Cuotl city attrition extend past the opponents border, they can traipse around Cuotl territory without haveing any attrition damage as long as they avoid the small region about cities. Cutting off that city attrition field merely by a border doesn't make any sense. Off course GreyPawn here is a place for you to shine and make sense of the ,to me, insensible. I'll grown and accept your wise answer, . Or maybe endeavour to argue it out to the last gasp of sense.

Did you find the exploit I emailed you about? Is BHG thinking about fixing it or leaving it in as a neat tactic.

When are tournement details going to be finalized? Is it going sudden-death or some form of round-robbin. I hope even if it is ungainly that you folks consider some form of round-robbin in the early phases. Is there going to be seeding of high-ranked players? Details, details please, as the 100k tournement is only weeks away.

For the Online Play:

Can you describe how quickmatch selection works and explain how come the # of online players indicated in the online lobby is so obviously wrong. How can I consistently get 1v1 games so fast when it says there is only ~ 80 players online. Is that the number logged in to a single server and there are many servers?

Can you put in the 1v1 quickmatch the option for a mutually conceded draw? Things happen sometimes that make it difficult to continue a game, even if you are winning. The game might have gone on too long and you have to get on to something else.

Also has BHG considered timelimited game options; if the game is not over in x minutes then the game is finished either as a stalemate or maybe military/resource/tech/map/site point win?

How do I find out about some of the HotKey functions that are not listed in the in the UserOption window. Such as the Siege Mode attack and the shift+rightclick for sequencing opponent unit targets for attack I learned from Bridger's show. Is this in the manual? Right now I can't find mine, but I don't think so off the top of my head.

Why hasn't BHG implemented the shift+L hotkey for the Alin military upgrade buildings. Would this be rotten hard to do? Has it been tried, was it buggy with the Alin?

How unfinished are the Cuotl - was there a lot left undone at gamelaunch. I asked this becuase I have the impression from the online forums that there is reason to think they are not quite as polished as the Vinci and Alin. In my own play I have not reached this conclusion.

I have a lot more questions but this is enough for now.

D man

ps WHY IS THE TOURNEMENT STARTING ON A FRIDAY? and not saturday??????????????????????????? I just looked at a calender. OMG maybe I can't play in it.

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 08-27-06 05:24 PM EDT (US)     1229 / 1245       
Have you considered my idea on a 100k tourney tab on the Multiplayer Interface?

PS: Were you joking when you said about keeping 'the tools' secret?

genuineD
Zekeling
posted 08-28-06 04:04 PM EDT (US)     1230 / 1245       
What tools?
Would answering that void the secrecy?
D
Henara
Zekeling
posted 08-30-06 06:45 PM EDT (US)     1231 / 1245       
i got some questions:

1. why do my team mates and i get a lose AND a disconnection in our statistics - we won the game, conquered the last city of the last guy and then there appear the "winning screen"????
I have also experienced some situations like: i won a game, but i get a disconnection (several times); game dropped, but i get a lose (several times)!
=> Why does all this "crazy" stuff happen?

same stuff at the clan statistics! we only won today but got a lvl back and lost experience (but got 2 lose more!)

2. Why (!) is condottieri the only map which appears when you play a 3v3 with random map? (same with battle for the core and 2v2)

[This message has been edited by Henara (edited 08-30-2006 @ 06:48 PM).]

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 08-31-06 11:43 AM EDT (US)     1232 / 1245       

Quote:

y does a dissconnection count as a loss it should count as nothing

can u make it so a clan leader/founder can post a bullitin for a clan so taht every meember gets it

Disconnections count as "Drops" at current, but this will change in the near future to a stronger punitive against repeat droppers.

Good suggestion for Clan Bulletin/MOTD, I'll pass it along.

Quote:

I like the patch so far except for extreme sun idol nerf.

Is it possible to make that lumbering giant a little faster?

Both the Sun Idol and his good pal the Death Snake are slated for a boost in speed in the upcoming balance patch.

Quote:

How many versions of RoL does BHG playtest at a time?

It varies, but there are always at least two. The basic retail version which is live to the public, and the upcoming "in concept" changes to balance, bug fixes, performance optimizations, etcetera.

Quote:

Is there any consideration being given to the idea of the cuotl holy ark having an attrition field at a higher research level? Was this tested and found to be too strong?

There is a neutral unit that acts exactly in this fashion, called the Unholy Ark. It can be purchased from the Fallen Refuge. Giving the Holy Ark the ability to Supply, Channel, and wield Attrition would probably be a bit overpowered for the specific unit.

Quote:

Why doesn't the Cuotl city attrition extend past the opponents border, they can traipse around Cuotl territory without haveing any attrition damage as long as they avoid the small region about cities. Cutting off that city attrition field merely by a border doesn't make any sense. Off course GreyPawn here is a place for you to shine and make sense of the ,to me, insensible. I'll grown and accept your wise answer, . Or maybe endeavour to argue it out to the last gasp of sense.

We'll take another look at Cuotl attrition due your recommendation.

Quote:

Did you find the exploit I emailed you about? Is BHG thinking about fixing it or leaving it in as a neat tactic.

It has been slated for testing and reproduction for eventual fix, but if I recall correctly it doesn't constitute a threat to fair play at this time. If you strongly feel it does, please e-mail me about it and we can discuss it further.

Quote:

When are tournement details going to be finalized? Is it going sudden-death or some form of round-robbin. I hope even if it is ungainly that you folks consider some form of round-robbin in the early phases. Is there going to be seeding of high-ranked players? Details, details please, as the 100k tournement is only weeks away.

Expect to see more on the upcoming first qualifying round of the 100k tournament shortly.

Quote:

Can you describe how quickmatch selection works and explain how come the # of online players indicated in the online lobby is so obviously wrong. How can I consistently get 1v1 games so fast when it says there is only ~ 80 players online. Is that the number logged in to a single server and there are many servers?

I can't speak to specifics about the errancy of the pop-counter at current, but it is something we are looking into.

Quote:

Can you put in the 1v1 quickmatch the option for a mutually conceded draw? Things happen sometimes that make it difficult to continue a game, even if you are winning. The game might have gone on too long and you have to get on to something else.

It would be the first of its kind in an RTS setting. The nature of the game itself precludes the introduction of a draw or tied match. One player will eventually win or give up, as intended.

Quote:

Also has BHG considered timelimited game options; if the game is not over in x minutes then the game is finished either as a stalemate or maybe military/resource/tech/map/site point win?

How do I find out about some of the HotKey functions that are not listed in the in the UserOption window. Such as the Siege Mode attack and the shift+rightclick for sequencing opponent unit targets for attack I learned from Bridger's show. Is this in the manual? Right now I can't find mine, but I don't think so off the top of my head.

Yes, that has been considered.

Regarding hotkeys and tactics not mentioned in the hotkey mapping area, try looking through the Advanced Tips section of the tips that normally pop up during single-player games vs. the computer. You can find a dearth of information and little known facts in there.

Quote:

Why hasn't BHG implemented the shift+L hotkey for the Alin military upgrade buildings. Would this be rotten hard to do? Has it been tried, was it buggy with the Alin?

Because the Alin use various types of military buildings, and not just one.

Quote:

How unfinished are the Cuotl - was there a lot left undone at gamelaunch. I asked this becuase I have the impression from the online forums that there is reason to think they are not quite as polished as the Vinci and Alin. In my own play I have not reached this conclusion.

The Cuotl are about to get a lot of love in the upcoming update. Stay tuned.

Quote:

ps WHY IS THE TOURNEMENT STARTING ON A FRIDAY? and not saturday??????????????????????????? I just looked at a calender. OMG maybe I can't play in it.

The preliminary rounds will undoubtedly occupy more than just that weekend. In fact, they will persist for at least a couple of weeks, and all that signed up should be able to compete in them.

RiderOfEternity
Zekeling
posted 08-31-06 02:13 PM EDT (US)     1233 / 1245       
Will there be a patch to stop the cursor from moving out of the game screen area when using a dual-monitor setup?

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
genuineD
Zekeling
posted 08-31-06 02:43 PM EDT (US)     1234 / 1245       
Thanks for very full reply GreyPawn.

Yippee! about love for Cuotl.

BHG made a great game, and they are groundbreakers in RTS so could possibly implement time/draw features.

Big Question: How does one enter the tournement? (Maybe Dumb question too)

Edit: Found the tips on unit control, I turned them off a long time ago so it was good to revisit them. Also I found the hotkey to reach the Alin upgrade buildings (CTRL+X or L) .

D

[This message has been edited by genuineD (edited 09-02-2006 @ 04:13 PM).]

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 09-03-06 04:02 PM EDT (US)     1235 / 1245       
[EDITED]

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 03-29-2007 @ 06:25 PM).]

Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 09-04-06 12:25 PM EDT (US)     1236 / 1245       
MudokonGod
Banned
posted 09-08-06 02:43 PM EDT (US)     1237 / 1245       
Evolved, is it really necessary to openly flame Gamespy like that in a thread which has nothing to do with it?
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 09-09-06 04:58 AM EDT (US)     1238 / 1245       
I'm just asking whether it's a real ad or whether someone put it on as a Joke *lol*
MudokonGod
Banned
posted 09-09-06 08:42 AM EDT (US)     1239 / 1245       
Actually, the answer is no. No it's not necessary to openly flame Gamespy like that in a thread which has nothing to do with it.
Florian11
Zekeling
posted 09-24-06 00:01 AM EDT (US)     1240 / 1245       
Some questions for BHG (online play)

alot of my games are not counting...usually when i win too . ther ehave been at least 7-10 of these incidents. Also i have to restart game after ery match orelse i get a error message (unable to authenticate cd key)

is there a patch out there for any of those problems?

also is there a way to make the games count on my online acount that didnt count for me...the last timeit happeed was tonight it counted for the other 3 people but not me and i won game was {069}flo (me) and shonuff vs nissi75 and some guy with a long name something like califrigilises...

Also, the news server has been down for at least a week and no new patches have come out in a while acually sinci bought the game. is it normal for patches to take a while and also do u guys no when a new patch is comming and what it will change??

thank you

{069}Flo

[This message has been edited by Florian11 (edited 09-24-2006 @ 00:15 AM).]

Richking14
Zekeling
posted 12-07-08 00:11 AM EDT (US)     1241 / 1245       
the games that dont count are ones that over load ur computer with information... this causes a kind of lag, and if the lag stays of a prolonged period of time it caused problems like say you have 3 boxes and 5 items. one can fit in a box... the other 2 leak out and cause problems. this also causes the replay to be un viewable. but if you gieve it enough time, the lag subsides and you get more boxes and bam! u got enough storadge and the game is recorded. this happenes in big games like 4+ player diplomacy or FFA matches. or team 3v3 and 4v4 matches or 1v1 with 30 min of no rush period... i play thoese a lot OFFLINE and it causes some lag... oh and im new to this fourm and just finished readign the first 6 pages of this topic and will continue latter XD

[This message has been edited by Richking14 (edited 12-07-2008 @ 11:59 AM).]

Bobaloochi
Zekeling
posted 05-31-10 10:42 PM EDT (US)     1242 / 1245       
I realize that these forums are dead, but I hope that someone within BHG could answer. Just simply, is this game dead for even you guys? Do you guys have any more patches to look foward to? Any additions? I know an expansion is extremely unlikely, but more units to play with is something a game of this age could really use. I recently have got back into this game for the umpteenth time and really do love it. All these factions being so different is great. Just to have something new to look forward to would help alot, even if it just be some new official maps. Thanks
PCDania
Zekeling
(id: PCD)
posted 06-01-10 04:46 AM EDT (US)     1243 / 1245       
I am afraid BHG is defunct, they got bought a few years ago by THQ I believe.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Bobaloochi
Zekeling
posted 06-07-10 08:04 PM EDT (US)     1244 / 1245       
I understand they were bought, but I thought they kept their name as Big Huge Games. Wouldn't that mean they still control their games?
PCDania
Zekeling
(id: PCD)
posted 06-08-10 04:35 PM EDT (US)     1245 / 1245       
Microsoft owns the IP for Rise of Legends, BHG was only the developer.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames