You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Patch 1.5- NOW it's released?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch 1.5- NOW it's released?
General_Crespin
Zekeling
posted 06-16-06 11:37 PM EDT (US)         
Well I logged in and I checked for updates before going to MP... it's downloading something!

EDIT: Completed; I don't see 1.5 in the version # anywhere but Miana Station is in the map list now......

EDIT: Confirmed by in-game news.

hegemony - he*gem'o*ny - The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group over another or others.
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron

[This message has been edited by General_Crespin (edited 06-16-2006 @ 11:44 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 06-17-06 00:23 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
Yessiree! Patch 1.5 is now released and available for download via in-game updater. You can check out the new patch notes listing all the new changes and fixes here-

Patch 1.5 Notes

Bridger
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 01:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
Good news, now maybe my team games won't drop as often

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Micster
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 02:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
Huzzah! Can't wait to experience the new map and fixes. Great job BHG!

Oh noes.
Alvinz92
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 03:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
I saw that they didn't change any of the units.
That is a good thing because it means they currently feel the game is very very very balanced.
GamerAeon
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 03:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
I actually wouldn't mind a big change as in maybe a 4th hero to pick from lol
ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 05:10 AM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
Ugh my game crashs when I try to download the patch,Any chance of a stand-alone download patch from the website?

(Edit) never mind, fixed it.

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1

[This message has been edited by ChaosMaster130 (edited 06-17-2006 @ 07:02 AM).]

HasnainDBest
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 07:18 AM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
i'm having problems downloading the patch.. but i could play fine until recently. any chance of a stand alone patch?

EDIT : tried it again, here's the error it gave :

BHG ERROR

Type : warn_unclassified Error 12029 in WinHTTPOpenRequest

"The downside, of this, of course, is that Alim units simply cannot go toe-to-toe with their Alim equivalent."

-GameSpy ROL preview

[This message has been edited by HasnainDBest (edited 06-17-2006 @ 07:30 AM).]

Bridger
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 12:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
I'd suggest a reboot/restart of RoL. If you downloaded the other patches fine chances are something has changed since then. have you installed any Anti-Virus/firewall/security software since then?

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 12:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
I'd see where Bridger's thinking. A Firewall, Router etc is probably the problem. Don't known for sure.
Alvinz92
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 12:14 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
4th hero from a patch? not on your life. But if they ever did, it might be the first in history to add a new hero in a patch.
but you might get your wish in the first expansion, if they ever do have another expansion. I want another magic race. hmpf!
I Am Hollywood
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 12:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19       

Make SURE you restart your comp after you have RoL patched.

I played a game without restarting and I was getting like 8 fps.
After the restart the game worked fine, however I did have to re-allow RoL in my firewall.

Just a thought.

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Machiavelli*

Oh it hurts to be this good.
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 01:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
Yeah, you have to re-allow RoL because it modifies the actual .exe program file like a virus might do to hide in supposedly harmless game files.
HasnainDBest
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 03:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
disabled firewall, reboot ROL, reboot PC.. nothing worked..

keep in mind that i have problems getting the patch in the first place.. it gives the error when i try to download the patch

i was able to play fine before, i just had to disable then enable the firewall to let me connect.. then it used to work fine

"The downside, of this, of course, is that Alim units simply cannot go toe-to-toe with their Alim equivalent."

-GameSpy ROL preview

[This message has been edited by HasnainDBest (edited 06-17-2006 @ 03:06 PM).]

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 06-17-06 03:42 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
Re-install the game then. That's how patching worked before release, it was sorta annoying.

HasnainDBest
Zekeling
posted 06-17-06 06:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
ok, i will do a re-install tomorrow, then i'll check it out

EDIT: i re-installed ROL, rebooted pc, did everything. i still get the same error..

-GameSpy ROL preview

[This message has been edited by HasnainDBest (edited 06-18-2006 @ 06:26 AM).]

BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN
Zekeling
posted 06-22-06 03:07 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
OK, slight problem here. RoL is running on another computer, not connected to the internet, and currently circumstances inhibit any connection. How do I download the patch on it's own. The link to the patch notes didn't have a download link. If there is no possibilty of downloading it on it's own, then surely that is a MAJOR oversight/blunder on behalf of whoever is responsible for releasing these things, is it not?

Anyway, I finally installed RoL (been busy and my laptop died) on my old big desktop, and the game runs fine for a few minutes, and I have fun, then it just cuts out. No error messages, no freezing, just an abrupt crash to desktop, in the blink of an eye. Imagine if someone pulls the plug on your t.v. and you can imagine how the rol program just shuts down.

Ideas anyone? I was hoping maybe the patch could fix this, but if I can't even download it...then the game will have to remain as the most promising game never played.

BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN, last of the Azrac warriors.
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 06-22-06 05:20 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
Up until now, no patch has the availability to download it to your hard drive, only through the games auto-patch feature.
GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 06-22-06 07:24 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       

Quote:

4th hero from a patch? not on your life. But if they ever did, it might be the first in history to add a new hero in a patch.

They did it for Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne :P.

Anyway, since the patch doesnt make any balance changes, are 1.3 replays still viewable? RoL isnt working for me, so I cant find out myself .

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
Jumbalaya
Zekeling
posted 06-22-06 08:25 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
no

lol im jumby
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames