You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.123 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » BHG Announcement on Monday - Revealed!
Bottom
Topic Subject:BHG Announcement on Monday - Revealed!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 04:48 PM EDT (US)         
Heya.

Well, as some of you might know, Greypawn recently posted saying

Quote:

On Tuesday, BHG will have something rather large to announce to the public... something that will probably draw quite a bit of attention to Rise of Legends.
I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised.

That's in http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,702,0,365, if you were wondering.

Anyway, Greypawn and I were talking on MSN, and he revealed what he called a 'clue' about Tuesday to me. Sounds like a load of gibberish to me. The clue is:
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Now, this may sound like gibberish, but secrets could be contained. I have already theorised that it could refer to a post, or posts, containing an answer to the question but disguised. It could also be something hidden in the code of a site relevant to the game - it could even be hidden in the code or on a fansite's non-forums part. The shape of the K in the font he uses suggests a smiley face maybe - emoticons, or buddy images for IM Clients that never got released maybe? Maybe even in game!?

Another idea is one of a rise of legends movie! Evidence is that Greypawn suddenly asked me if I wanted a movie sized RoL Poster, to which I happened to say yes, though I expect that's irrelevant. Movie Sized. The specific use of this phrase could suggest something. Maybe an ad campaign even, like they do for films?!

THE PLOT THICKENS...

[This message has been edited by Evolved (edited 07-10-2006 @ 08:36 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 07-06-06 04:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 123       
I don't know what's up with the kkk

But, maybe BHG will be making RoL for consoles like Xbox.

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 04:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 123       
I have heard from a reliable source that The KKK where going to be in Snopp Dog for PS2. Are they making a console game?

It is a major possibility.

[This message has been edited by Evolved (edited 07-06-2006 @ 04:55 PM).]

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 07-06-06 05:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 123       

Quote:

I have heard from a reliable source that The KKK where going to be in Snopp Dog for PS2. Are they making a console game?. It is a major possibility.

While I'm usually content to let speculation run rampant, on that particular topic I can definitely say it is not a major possibility.

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 05:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 123       
Darn.
Nut
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 05:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 123       
Obviously, the KKK will be the new race for the expansion pack.

Their basic infantry will be Clansmen, the traditional men in white sheets. Their national ability will be "lynch", they will have a burning cross attack, and... and...

Come to think of it, that would be a poor decision.

*whistles innocently*

Alex
posted 07-06-06 05:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 123       
I shouldn't have brought that up.

Let's move on and not talk about the KKK.

Edit: Cool. This thread is so colorful.

[This message has been edited by Pepsidude_123 (edited 07-06-2006 @ 06:01 PM).]

Netzahualcoyotl
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 06:02 PM EDT (US)     7 / 123       
Evolved...is it exactly the clue given by Greypawn or did you just type a random number of K's?

If that is exactly the clue given by greypawn I thought it might be useful to let anybody interested in trying to break the code know that there are 98 ks in that string. No I didn't count them by myself I used word count on microsoft word.

PS.:I think those k's diserve a name so I thought...

The "Da Timonium code". Since Da Vinci means from Vinci and BHG is in Timonium this name will suit it well. It could also be "Greypawn code". You guys decide it.

Alex
posted 07-06-06 06:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 123       
98 k's = $98,000 ?

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 06:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 123       
Yeah right.

Seriously though, It is possible this is some sort of code as suggested, and they prolly have no where near that money to spend.

EDIT: I didn't realise the KKK was the Ku Klux Klan. Stupid Me.

EDIT2: I want Tuesday to come!

[This message has been edited by Evolved (edited 07-06-2006 @ 06:16 PM).]

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 06:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 123       
Well that' an easy code to crack. Quite simply, bhg is going to introduce a new civ in a patch. It will be based entirely ont he idea of flying toenail clippers. I can't believe none of you could figure it out on your own.

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 06:28 PM EDT (US)     11 / 123       
lol! you could always wait till tuesday

but then again, i bet this thread will have the BHG team laughing for weeks to come =)

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
s1515
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 123       
The promised Physx support would be good....
Netzahualcoyotl
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 06:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 123       
Now seriously...the only thing that makes sense is the advert campaign.

Let's think about this.

When did Greypawn announce this? In a thread that claimed the game would soon be history due to small online comunity. What better way solve this than advertising the game?

He said "On Tuesday, BHG will have something rather large to announce to the public.." We're all thinking BHG will announce something new but I think what Greypawn means is "On Tuesday, BHG will have something rather large to announce RISE OF LEGENDS to the public"....He also said "something that will probably draw quite a bit of attention to Rise of Legends." This is clearly evidence for the advert theory. This sentence mirrors the normal uncertainty before the release of an ad. They have put a lot of effort to make that ad and they think it's really good but since not everyone plays computer games and only some of those who play actually care about RTS's they can't know that for sure before it's on the TV's hence the "probably". In the end he said " I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised". Simple: People complain there's nobody in MP so everybody will expect a burst of life in MP.

As if it wasn't enough there's the movie sized poster thing Evolved mentioned.

About the k's...well I don't know how they fit in this theory but there must be some connection

General_Crespin
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 07:03 PM EDT (US)     14 / 123       
Movie!

hegemony - he*gem'o*ny - The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group over another or others.
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron
GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 07:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 123       
Maybe the number of 'k's is the number of extra damage afreets (or afreeti, to appease those grammar freaks :P) are going to receive in the next patch?

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
mike_the_mad
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 08:40 PM EDT (US)     16 / 123       
At a guess, theyll announce the X-Pack.

I am LuNatic, Dark lord of the sif
~Fear Me Mortals~
[-GREEM-] Best. Clan. Ever.
Grapeshot
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 10:28 PM EDT (US)     17 / 123       

"kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk­kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk"

100K? Is BHG planning to release details of Brian's salary?

iLord
Zekeling
(id: Lord Iarune)
posted 07-06-06 10:53 PM EDT (US)     18 / 123       
It means Kahan, duh.

׺°˜`°º×ALL HAIL THE UNCLELAND!׺°˜`°º×[/ind]\

[ind]Help to reveal the Dumbo Conspiracy to the World!

Bridger
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 11:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 123       
I have a Rise of Nations movie sized poster at home! Maybe that means RoN will get a movie too?

Also, point of note: Tomorrow on the Team Sportcast Network we will reveal more of this mystery LIVE from the World Series of Video Games Intel Summer Championships in Texas.

I'm not sure of the time, not even sure what it is i'll be announcing! But it's all wrapped up in this mystery announcement on tuesday. Check it out tomorrow at http://wsvg.tsncentral.com

Also, we'll be on until sunday covering the Halo 2, Ghost Recon:AW, Quake 4, and Counterstrike 1.6 tournaments here in Grapevine Texas, so be sure to tune in anyway We're on right now as of fact, with a Q4 match.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Glassmage
Zekeling
posted 07-06-06 11:14 PM EDT (US)     20 / 123       
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, hmmm.....

I got it!!!.........Oh wait, I don't.

I hope it has something to do with NEW stuff. Hopefully not the KKK.

you can't spell 'ignorance' without IGN.
tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 07-07-06 00:15 AM EDT (US)     21 / 123       
its probally not some big code. theres probally gonna be more clues later.

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
moogleii
Zekeling
posted 07-07-06 00:21 AM EDT (US)     22 / 123       
I'm betting with PepsiDude: tournament. It's probably whatever scraps MS gave them for a marketting budget. 100k is nothing for direct advertising, but it could be quite a bit for a tourney.
Agamemnus
Zekeling
posted 07-07-06 00:29 AM EDT (US)     23 / 123       
A new insect race that says "kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" a lot.
Timeless_OmO
Zekeling
posted 07-07-06 01:10 AM EDT (US)     24 / 123       
These BHG guys just love making us suffer with letting us know about something "coming on Tuesday". Sheesh. Cruel and unusual, I say.

Anyway, I think if there is any real clue it will be found by analyzing what Greypawn was responding to when he made that statement. Off the top of my head, the originator of the thread in question was complaining about MP connectivity and the "slow death of a great game".

This leads me to speculate that the mystery might have something to do with either a new online gaming server (if this is possible or even feasible) for RoL or perhaps RoL will be in the next WCG, something along those lines.

[This message has been edited by Timeless_OmO (edited 07-07-2006 @ 01:39 AM).]

Henara
Zekeling
posted 07-07-06 02:44 AM EDT (US)     25 / 123       
hm, sounds like greypawn started sleeping for 1 min with his head on the "k" button, then his head rolled a bit to the right on the "return" button, but instead of admitting that he fell to sleep while working, he created that story for us! What a tricky guy... ;-)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames