You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Bugs in ROL: BHG Read.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bugs in ROL: BHG Read.
MForcE
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 02:03 AM EDT (US)         
Since BHG actually reads the forums:

1. In 1v1 Quickmatch, or probably in quickmatch in general, unit stances set in the profile do not work. Instead, all units are ALWAYS set to aggressive.

2. Infinite 200timo steam forts: Get great city, get improved military buildings at protolab, then build barracks, then all forts are now 200timo (never ramp). Also, if you get barracks, have it destroyed, and get improved mil buildings, you don't get the cheaper cost, it goes back to 200 then 350 instead of 180 and 315 timo.

3. Custom games: If a person can't chat (see text), the game won't load. Therefore, most games don't start. Also, when the person can't chat, the game is totally bugged and people can't even join.

AuthorReplies:
Henara
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 02:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
yeah! agree on the 3rd point! that happens in about every second custom game i join or which i create!
Agamemnus
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 09:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
*hugs*

I'll add a few of my own, some of which I've posted across the forums here.

1) Script is not transferred with scenario maps.
2) The chat bug is due to people trying to connect and getting stuck connecting, possibly due to firewalls/routers/antivirus of some players in the game. Game starts, people still trying to connect: error.
3) Often, you can't cancel production of Cuotl hero units. When you click them, you get a garbled mini-menu. (no X to cancel)

4) Sometimes, people added to a clan don't appear in the clan list or the number count. If they leave, they often reduce the count by one, therefore "bugging" another person (often the previous one recruited), even though having them join makes them appear normally.

5) ROL has a memory leak, possibly in its chat text. I've observed random characters appearing every few seconds on a text line in a chat box apparently from an incorrect pointer. My ROL memory usage has gone from 400 MB to 80MB.

6) Clan founders lose title, and get leader title after ~2 weeks.

7) A clan member, upon receiving an invite to another clan, gets no warning that he is leaving his clan if he accepts.

8) Clan founders, if they leave their clans for another and rejoin same clan, cannot get prompted back to their original status.

9) Clan names with zero members are still counted as clans, therefore you can't re-make a disbanded clan with the same name.

10) The clan chat invite does not work at all...

dzhel
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
I only have one to add.

As the Vinci in the first campaign, I razed my Telescope since there was a great spot I wanted to move it to. After that I couldn't turn any of my labs into a Telescope. Went the rest of the match w/o one.

S31Apocalypse
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 12:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
1) I would like chat to minimize & place me back in after a game.. saying GG after they quit, you know without adding everyone to friends..

2) I also would like on the clan info pages to be able to edit a bio for teamspeak & web addys.. Since chats are empty this would be nice

3) I would like it to keep people in chat when they login until they leave or move. "that seems to be just me though"

Basicly I just want a better communication options, a good system a little better..

Thes are not bugs just a few of many tweeks I would like to see ingame to bring people closer. I feel no ingame community other than the private ones the public doesnt know exist.

Even if you dont like chat just minimize & your done, but i think clans & community in general would get more out of than lose..

There can be a hundred people talking to eachother but it still looks DEAD to new people..
I wonder how many people login & see nothing other than 5 CM games & then log off & say screw this..
Maybe a few maybe alot but i bet its some for sure..

S31|Apocalypse
www.s31clan.com
You Will all Beg for Mercy! In Vain!!
"Regis Mark V"
As a Human I will not Worship any being out there! I can not Lower myself !!
"Apocalypse"

[This message has been edited by S31Apocalypse (edited 07-12-2006 @ 01:04 PM).]

Bridger
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 05:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
You cannot build a research lab building more than once, if it's destroyed that's the end of it for that game. I would advise against raizing them :P

I think that at the end of a game it should definately default to "explore map" so you can chat with them breifly afterwards. Not many people understand you can do that and go back to talk or whatever, so you usually have to add them to buddy list to say GG.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Netzahualcoyotl
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 06:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
I'm submiting what I have dubbed the "Siesta of the CoV" bug.

As the name implies it happens that sometimes (fortunately not often) it looks like my CoV falls asleep and won't do a thing unless it's moved. She won't attacked when commanded to and won't even react when attacked. Then when I send her to another place she will attack while moving. As soon as she stops again it's over. Never happened on a "delicate" situation, though.

Neowulf
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 07:20 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
Maybe we should create a thread for feature requests?

+1 for better communication options.

I’m currently lvl 14 and *really* struggling to find other people to play against.

The community seems split between *crazy leet god* status and *this is my second game* beginners.

There’s no easy way to see a list of the people online, look at their levels and try and set up games manually with people of your level. It’s just completely random.

The best case is me sitting in the custom room, twiddling my thumbs hoping a lvl 10-15 will show up.

Let me describe a typical night for me playing rise of legends…

Login at 8:30pm with my lvl 14 account, immediately check the number of people online… ok 80. Not great, but ok.

Quick start 1vs1… wait for 5 minutes. Hmm… no matches huh.

Check chat rooms. Empty. Ok… not so good.

Check the custom game room. Also empty or *Noob only* games.

At this point, I start thinking “Where the hell are these 80 people that are supposed to be online?”

I create a new garbage account, try quick match again and get match within 30 seconds with another lvl 1-5.

Thrash said beginner in 8 minutes flat. Not real fun for either of us.

Give up, log off.

The worse part is that I feel you only get one shot with these things. People aren’t going to say “oh well, I’m sure the game will improve with time, I’ll come back later”. You get exactly *one* shot to impress most people. The lack of community is going to *kill* this game before it even gets off the ground.

Thorney
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 08:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       

Quoted from Agamemnus:

3) Often, you can't cancel production of Cuotl hero units. When you click them, you get a garbled mini-menu. (no X to cancel)

I think this is part of a general control interface bug.

When rapidly switching between groups using hotkeys the interface buttons for hero abilities disappear altogether leaving a blank control interface. Happens less often but even to building menu buttons too. Only a mouse click on another unit will restore the control interface. Nothing like stabbing F1 q in the nick of time to have...nothing happen

Agamemnus
Zekeling
posted 07-12-06 09:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       

Quoted from "Netzahualcoyotl":

I'm submiting what I have dubbed the "Siesta of the CoV" bug.
As the name implies it happens that sometimes (fortunately not often) it looks like my CoV falls asleep and won't do a thing unless it's moved. She won't attacked when commanded to and won't even react when attacked. Then when I send her to another place she will attack while moving. As soon as she stops again it's over. Never happened on a "delicate" situation, though.

My CoV "shakes" on the screen a lot sometimes in certain positions. I think it's because the pathfinding isn't too great. Sometimes infantry (and other units) will also get stuck behind objects.

NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-13-06 01:54 AM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
Many people are experiencing problems with rols gamespy internet connection. I am one of those people. I can't connect to most games and when I do find a game that I can connect to I either disconnect at a random time, have a bad connection with certain people that usually have a good connection yet I have a good connection with other players, and at random moments I cant see what i type anymore and I end up finding out that I have disconnected without ROL allerting me. Please try to solve these problems with a patch as soon as possible because i find these connection errors quite annoying.
I also have some suggestions. Please make a minimize button for chat windows and make clan members able to post messages that can be viewed by all of the clan members at there clan screen (like a forum for clans) . This would be very useful for arranging clan wars.

[This message has been edited by NaturalViolence (edited 07-13-2006 @ 02:02 AM).]

Netzahualcoyotl
Zekeling
posted 07-13-06 11:04 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
My CoV shakes when I set the camera follow on her but truth is that happens with every unit. I guess that's just the screen getting adapted to all the changes in the terrain as the unit moves.
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-13-06 11:08 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
Yeah.

From an XML Perspective the COV is one of the most graphic demainding and computer power demanding units in the game.

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 07-13-06 02:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
We have noted your issues and concerns and are taking steps to improve by continually pushing for better online stability and communication.
tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 07-13-06 02:54 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
another thing is I usally get unfair quick matches. there should be a option where u can choose to play people in your level only or within a range or anyone who comes to play.

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
S31Apocalypse
Zekeling
posted 07-13-06 05:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
Great GreyPawn... BHG has always been active with community..

For that you ROCK!!!

S31|Apocalypse
www.s31clan.com
You Will all Beg for Mercy! In Vain!!
"Regis Mark V"
As a Human I will not Worship any being out there! I can not Lower myself !!
"Apocalypse"
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-13-06 11:05 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
MForcE
Zekeling
posted 07-14-06 01:19 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
Grey, try to get the quickmatch stance bug fixed next patch... it's really hurting me, and everyone become great 1v1 players for the tourny.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames