You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Does anyone know what exactly handicaps do?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Does anyone know what exactly handicaps do?
moogleii
Zekeling
posted 07-17-06 02:17 AM EDT (US)         
I've had this question come up to me from friends multiple times, and I have really no idea what to say.

I know they modify income rate, cooldown rate, etc, but by how much? The +1 through +20 numbers are a bit vague. I can see it adding to income, but how does, say, +20 affect the other stats?

AuthorReplies:
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-17-06 02:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
They increase the amount of resources that you start with.
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-17-06 02:32 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Basically they make it better for your opponent. Bearing in mind I played against a noob, was a few minutes from killing him (with an army i spent 30 mins creating or so v his 3 fire ellies, 2 rukhs and level 2 dakhla) and the +10 handicap I'd given him allowed him to raise an army - from the grave you could say - and beat me, you should be careful about using them.
moogleii
Zekeling
posted 07-17-06 02:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Lol yes, I know it makes it easier for the opponent.

Sorry, perhaps my wording was unclear. I was hoping to get more precise detail on what handicaps do. I.e. What does +20 mean in terms of altering cooldown times (one of the things handicaps effect).

Thanks for the replies though.

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 07-17-06 02:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Oh right. Well I don't think we can really say for sure. Ask Greypawn'd be my advice in Questions for BHG.
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 07-17-06 10:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
For every +1 it increases the economic bonus of all other players by 5%.
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 07-17-06 12:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
AFAIK it increases the economic income rate of your opponents by 5%, and also lowers cooldowns for spells/powers by 5% and increases unit production speed by 5% (if the in game tooltips can be trusted).

Those are 5% per level, so level 10 would be 50% increase on all those things, be careful with that :P.

I havn't tested it, but this is what it says in game.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
moogleii
Zekeling
posted 07-17-06 07:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Awesome, thanks for the helpful replies!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames