You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Patch 2.0 Live!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch 2.0 Live!
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 08-11-06 06:42 PM EDT (US)         
Patch 2.0 has been released and includes a series of balance changes, exploit and bug fixes, as well as a new 4-player multiplayer map, Inferno. For more on what the latest patch includes, check out the following address: http://www.bighugegames.com/riseoflegends/patchnotes.html

Here's the complete list of patchnotes-

General Fixes:
Fixed potential crash resulting from saved games.
An exploit involving Observer mode has been fixed.
An exploit involving Ability cooldown has been fixed.
Corrected an issue on Corbanile Mines map.
A crash involving targeting abilities off the map has been fixed.
Fixed a bug where grunts that were being healed could move very quickly.
Fixed a bug that caused some units to be visible to enemies through fog of war when being picked up by a transport.
Fixed a bug involving unit orders not clearing when storming a site.
Corrected an issue that allowed hero summoning points to move.

New Features:
New Map: Inferno (Added 4 player map)
Replay Survivability: Replays from previous patch versions will be viewable in current and later versions of the game, and most old replays will now work.

Multiplayer:
Added additional administrative ban/suspend account features.
Fixed a bug with resign messages not showing up if a player hit Alt-F4 to leave a game in multiplayer.
Corrected a race condition with reverse connections that was causing some connections to fail.
Fixed an issue that caused some players to drop on connection attempts.

Balance Changes:
Giacomo's Augmentation ability has been reduced in duration to 30/35/40/45 seconds from 40/45/50/55, and hit points healed reduced to 50/75/100/150 from 50/100/150/250.
Alin Circle of Flame and Circle of Glass raised to 125 and 175 hit points from 100 and 150, respectively.
Alin Juvenile Salamanders gain 1 point of trample (with fling, stun, and burn).
Each Vinci Prototype tier now takes longer to get than the previous one.
Vinci Politics reduces buy cost for neutrals by 5/10/20/50% instead of 10/20/30/50%.
Switched anti-personnel capacities of Glass Cannon and Steam Cannon. Glass Cannon now has knockdown and higher strength vs. ground and air. Steam Cannon has no knockdown and reduced strength vs. ground and air.
The Alin Shifting Sand 2 bonus has been increased to 15%
Vinci Burrowing Spider prototype unit reduced by 75 hit points.
The Cuotl Eagle Bomber has had Hit Points increased by +100 and Siege Attack by +5.
Afreet burn power has been increased.
Pirata Flyer strength has been decreased.
Sun Idol range has been reduced.
Glass Golem range has been increased.
Cuotl Hero unit Shok's Lightning Jump stun duration have been reduced.
Fire Scout ramp costs have been reduced from 25 wealth per ramp to 15 wealth per ramp.
Whirling Blades mode now gives Alin Desert Walkers a greater boost to speed.
Fixed Elite Sun Idol anti-unit range.

[This message has been edited by GreyPawn (edited 08-11-2006 @ 07:12 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Xtreme64
Zekeling
posted 08-11-06 06:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
Yay! GreyPawn, you're the best!

(starts playing ROL now...)

singing_fish
Zekeling
posted 08-11-06 06:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
thanks to the team.
So, the Alins are back in game, nice

bye,
rené

LordAvenger
Zekeling
posted 08-11-06 06:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
Good job BHG. Nice balance changes.
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 08-11-06 06:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
Awesome!

Damn you Lord Avenger! j/k
We both newsied this at 6:52 PM yet your news showed up first.

auntyjuneii
Zekeling
posted 08-11-06 07:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
holy crap, vinci is getting killed here. i'm having enough problems as it is without my units getting reduced this much.
Saldrin
Zekeling
posted 08-11-06 11:21 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
I'm glad Vinci got fixed. I'm a coutl player and I welcome the change

Not sure about the coutl fixes though. Eagle bombers needed more health, but their range was a concern for me. 5% attack?! I guess I'll have to play and actually use them before I post any more judgement. Doesn't really sound like a reason yet to build a coutl airforce when raiding with jags is so much more efficient.

Sun idol range, I guess it was needed, but they are.... so....slow.... Gonna have to think of a new strategy. Do idols fit in a fane? Maybe I can drop them down in the thick of battle since the range took such a nerf. Oye...building attrition.... not gonna be pretty. Guess it's an army of death spheres and storm disks from now on.

Glassmage
Zekeling
posted 08-11-06 11:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
Wow, I can't believe I'm gonna use Glass units now.

you can't spell 'ignorance' without IGN.
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 08-12-06 00:17 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       

Quote:

Wow, I can't believe I'm gonna use Glass units now.

lol
and saldrin sun idols do fit in a fane, some guy creamed me online by doing that, that's how I know
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 08-12-06 08:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
saldrin i think its plus 5 attack not 5 percent
Saldrin
Zekeling
posted 08-12-06 10:13 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
NV, Good to know

Storm, either way its still a minor buff(I'll take it anyway). Actually, I just played a quickie against the AI and they did have more survivability, the additional HP really helps. Didn't "feel" anywhere near as powerful as the air destroyer though. But at least they were not all dying off on me. I guess as a role of circle/mine killer they will fit nicely. They do have decent knockdown against infantry though, never noticed that.... I sent a few in with some jags to harass and they did their job well, no real complaints. I just have to get used to using them I guess.

The range on the Idols is hella noticeable now. They don't really feel like they are worth the cost against Vinci anymore, even if I popped their shield up when I could. If seemed like the musketeers had more range Or I just need to get better at using cloak, either way its a change and its kinda refreshing. Maybe against Alin they are still justifiable since the trample is still nice. But against a good MMing opponent, their use has been drastically altered.

I'm gonna play a few games in against my son later today, he loves Vinci so this should be fun Need to play against a human opponent to really tell the difference.

All in all though, now that I played a few matches against the AI it seems like a decent patch. And a map to boot!

Scorpian Rider
Zekeling
posted 08-12-06 06:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
loove the new patch its buffs up alin since im a alin player and im glad the sun idols range was lost they were to strong. now glass golems cant be a force to be reckoned with
AlinSlave
Zekeling
posted 08-12-06 07:13 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Thank God...Now the Alin are back!!

And the proto is fixed completely!!!!!!!!!

I love you GreyPawn :P

My Website: www.freewebs.com/sawuisfat
My email: semon_r@yahoo.com (plz dont spam)
my usernames:
Rol: SawuIsFat (alin)
AIM: TheNextApocalyps; MSN: semenr@hotmail.com
Fave Game: RoL/Rome:total war Favorite genre: RTS
EasytouchBarBie
Zekeling
posted 08-13-06 08:55 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Playing with the new patch certainly makes playing against Vinci a lot more enjoyable.

In fact I think Alin might be the new king of the hill. Especially when you have experienced player vs experienced player(long games).

Still a few more tweaks needed. I think they should raise the price of the Glass Dragon, lower price of Doom Cannon and lower price of City of Vengeance. Not big changes but I think it would add more fun to the game.

-----------------------------------
EasytouchBarBie

"I ate some bugs, I ate some grass, I used my hand, To wipe my tears." - Nacho Libre

ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 08-14-06 09:31 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
YAY PATCH!!!

P.S. Raise the price of the Glass Dragon!?!?! Heck no way.

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1
GamerAeon
Zekeling
posted 08-21-06 02:26 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
I try to update but it refuses so I dunno what the heck is goin on.

And yeah Firewall has given the thing permission to download whatever in the past but now it's just acting up.

NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 08-21-06 04:13 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
ya the servers are down right now thats why
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames