You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Still Can't Get An Online Game!!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Still Can't Get An Online Game!!!!
auntyjuneii
Zekeling
posted 08-21-06 06:37 PM EDT (US)         
am i the only one still having problems?

1) firewall errors, keep clicking till i get online screen
2) search for 1vs1 game, wait 5 minutes then get 'setup data not valid'

what gives? do i give up on rol forever, never to come back?

AuthorReplies:
Scorpian Rider
Zekeling
posted 08-21-06 07:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
lol first of all never do that search thing just go into the lobby to find a game its alot quicker
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 08-21-06 09:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
and no your not the only one I've pretty much given up on trying to get rol to work online. I've barely ever been able to play rol online and when I can something bad always happens. That's why I stick to single player. It's not as bad as you'de think, just less fun that's all, but it is still fun. You know I always wondered why I never had any of these problems with ron. I mean that used gamespy and was made by big huge games too? Oh well...sigh it had such great pottential, rol, it really did. It's so sad it almost makes me want to cry (jk).

[This message has been edited by NaturalViolence (edited 08-21-2006 @ 09:59 PM).]

Maiku
Zekeling
posted 08-22-06 01:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
This is what was said on the GameFAQs board for RoL

Quote:

The issue is related to a patch server problem that occured due to hardware malfunction, and the backup is taking time to DNS propagate. In the interim, the "firewall detected" message is popping up for a number of players. Clicking "Okay" several times on the error message should allow you to eventually log in to the multiplayer interface.

We do apologize for this unexpected downtime, and we are taking steps necessary to ensure that it does not occur again.

Warm Regards,
Joe "GreyPawn" Pishgar
Community Relations Manager
Big Huge Games

genuineD
Zekeling
posted 08-22-06 12:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I was connected just now. I could not get a quick match - I think I got the 'setup invalid' message - so I played in two custom games, but both my opponents dropped a few minutes into the game.

I like this game a whole lot so I hope the online play gets fixed ( I know it has been fixed but there is a delay in propogating the server name so is not really fixed until online play is running well again).

I play against the ai a lot. I have not managed to win against the ai on toughest. Although I generally kill a lot more of it's units than it kills of mine. Generally the ai rushes me and it is a losing defensive battle.

D

[This message has been edited by genuineD (edited 08-22-2006 @ 12:57 PM).]

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 08-22-06 02:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
There may be some residual problems logging in or joining games for a short period of time after the DNS changes are propagated. These difficulties are only temporary.
auntyjuneii
Zekeling
posted 08-23-06 02:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
this game is officially dead, nobody cares about fixing it. How can you have the same problem for 5 days straight and counting? Nobody is supporting it!! Too bad, it was a great game.
genuineD
Zekeling
posted 08-24-06 01:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
It is working well now.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames