You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Zeke's Corner
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.92 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Zeke's Corner » Global Warming?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Global Warming?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 07-25-06 07:40 PM EDT (US)         
What are your views on Global Warming? Personally I think it's a load of crap. It's all totaly natural. The Earth has been going through climate changes and getting colder and warmer for millions of years. What makes this any different?

Do you really think we're destroying the earth as much as people say?

Where's the evidence that pollution is the main cause to the Earth heating up? The weather changes all the time in different areas. Some areas are getting hotter but not all of them. For example, the temperature in Utah has been going down for the past three years.

And even if Global Warming is true it's been happening along time before cars. And, volcanoes and other natural things add a lot more to the Greenhouse effect than cars.

Discuss.
Is it more of nature or pollution?

I posted this at AoE3H first but who cares. I'm posting it here too.

AuthorReplies:
tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 01:39 PM EDT (US)     26 / 92       
dunno havent tested. i mean do you have any confimation that i can actually see?

Edit: Czin is right

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol

[This message has been edited by tactickiller (edited 07-27-2006 @ 01:40 PM).]

ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 01:41 PM EDT (US)     27 / 92       
Hah my IQ is 1337
in your face :P

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1
El_Capitan_
Hero
posted 07-27-06 01:58 PM EDT (US)     28 / 92       
I'd watch An Inconvenient Truth. It was good.

Even if Global Warming is a hoax, do we have the luxury of taking that chance?

It's like the saying, "Better to have a gun and not need it, than need a gun and not have it."

"Better to believe it's real and be wrong, then not believe it and it be real."

Aside from the worldly perspective, I don't believe it makes the U.S. any stronger from relying on foreign oil. That's just from a strategic perspective.

NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 02:13 PM EDT (US)     29 / 92       
no tactickiller, unfortunately iq scores are kept private and when a child or teen takes the test the only people that can view the scores are the parents of that child, the person who administered the test, and the child who took the test if the parents of that child give them permission, although if you would like i could try to find the form and scan and post it here.
tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 04:29 PM EDT (US)     30 / 92       
ive never taken a actual iq test ive taken the one on tickle i forgot my score but it was above average and i had to say i was older then i was.

Anyways do you have any proof of how the last ice ages started (I mean things i can read from reliable sites)

for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
BoB_Banglerdesh
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 05:46 PM EDT (US)     31 / 92       
Global warming cant be a hoax and is definatly being caursed by polution e.g. CO2 emision.. The bonds in the CO2 molecules absorbs the infer red radialtion giving there bonds vibrational enegy i.e. kenetic energy (heat).. the infered radialtion is from the UV and vis radialtion from the sun being absorbed by the earth and than reimited as infered which dosnt completly escape out of the earths atmospher because of molecules like CO2 therfor earth heats up .. there now you cant deny it unless you think the whole of chemistry/physics has been rewriten just to make people think polution caurses it lol

[This message has been edited by BoB_Banglerdesh (edited 07-27-2006 @ 05:46 PM).]

tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 08:26 PM EDT (US)     32 / 92       
Use spell check lol
Anyways isnt it just the green house effect where the CO2 keeps heat from escaping. and also i dont really think that little vibrations really would do that much its more the green house effect. Also you should really verify what you say with a source or something so people will actually be able to believe it more.
infared radiation is heat isnt it.

NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 09:05 PM EDT (US)     33 / 92       
the greenhouse effect is another name for global warming, and yes on an atomic scale those vibrations can make a huge difference, and infrared radiation is the kind of light rays that the sun emmits (which also creates heat)

Although what he seems to be saying about the vibrations is basically what heat is, heat in actuallity is kenitic vibration on an atomic scale the faster that atoms move the hoter they are.

And as for proving myself with a source, I shouldn't have to, this is all common knowledge that you should all know if you successfully passed the fifth grade (which is when you should have learned this by government standards)

It's nice to see that theres another intelligent individual here( i'm referring to BoB_Banglerdesh)

[This message has been edited by NaturalViolence (edited 07-27-2006 @ 09:08 PM).]

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 09:21 PM EDT (US)     34 / 92       
you can say you're more intelligent, you can say things in big words, but not everyone will understand you, so keep it simple

basically because of all the pollution we are causing (from burning fuel) we are ending up with more heat coming into the earth and staying in its atmosphere than that leaving, making the greenhouse effect, then that leads to melting the currently freezing ice caps which means loadsa melted ice = a good deal more water = massive flooding = water-world, ice age, heat-wave...

in other words, not anything pretty

even if people do argue that it is just a cycle the earth is going through, then we arn't exactly helping by doing what we are

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 09:59 PM EDT (US)     35 / 92       
normally i would argue using as many big words as i could but its summer so forget that
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-27-06 10:39 PM EDT (US)     36 / 92       
i hate to break this to you but these aren't big words
BoB_Banglerdesh
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 05:56 AM EDT (US)     37 / 92       
thanx naturalviolance but im not realy that intelegent im just not stupid although ill amit my spelling is probly worse than most people that dont even speak english lol

quote from El_Capitan_

"Better to have a gun and not need it, than need a gun and not have it."

thats a stupid philosophy and is probly why america has so much gun crime lol

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 08:39 AM EDT (US)     38 / 92       
bob i bet my spelling is worse then urs
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 11:28 AM EDT (US)     39 / 92       
lol natural, i know they're not big words but if you don't know about chemistry or perhaps physics, then you won't understand them much, no point in speaking in a language that no one understands, better to speak it so that everyone can understand

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 11:55 AM EDT (US)     40 / 92       
c senior no embles espanol
Alex
posted 07-28-06 12:16 PM EDT (US)     41 / 92       
Don't spam and don't talk in Spanish.
Especially bad spanish...

NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 12:23 PM EDT (US)     42 / 92       
Alex
posted 07-28-06 12:24 PM EDT (US)     43 / 92       
Not you NV.

NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 12:27 PM EDT (US)     44 / 92       
wow that was a fast response, lol.
anyways in my personal opinion (you don't have to if you don't want to) you should close this thread (as much as i love it) to avoid political discussion in the forums (I tend to get very mad at republicans)
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 12:31 PM EDT (US)     45 / 92       
srry pepsi no more bad spanish but how bout bad english

hmm im rebublican

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 07-28-2006 @ 12:32 PM).]

Paperfriend
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 12:40 PM EDT (US)     46 / 92       
It is quite clear that global warming is infact caused by the decreasing number of pirates, just look at this:

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
NaturalViolence
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 12:52 PM EDT (US)     47 / 92       
Following Electric storms post #45:

Thats probably why you think global warming is a load of crap the oil companies are so good at distributing that "it's all natural" shit so that they can keep making money well guess what if were all dead we can't make any more money now can we and no matter what they do oil is only temporary, we are edventually going to run out even if they suck the earth dry of oil. Nixon, Reagan, Bush, and Bush junior were all terrible presidents and figures they were all republicans, so why does america still trust the republicans? aren't they tired of all these stupid mistakes that the government has made? See what I mean about political discussions.

tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 01:12 PM EDT (US)     48 / 92       
Just as long as we keep this topic off of political discussions then it will be fine.

I do think that there is global warming. But its not as bad as every one is saying it is. sure it will be pretty easy to start to prevent right now as someone said we can use hybrids and heavy filters. Soon everyone will probably drive hybrids because gas prices will get to high. Soon it will probably be a law to drive hybrids. There is also another solution that's not as hard. Bio diesel. It still uses a little ammount of diesel but is friendier for the enviroment. As i did say i dont think global warming is that bad. maybe in 100-200 years or so it will start to be really bad. but by then we will probally have fixed that problem. we should focus on stuff that could kill us now (north korea getting developing nukes is one).

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 01:22 PM EDT (US)     49 / 92       
but the problem is political as well in its roots

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 07-28-06 01:25 PM EDT (US)     50 / 92       
actually im rebublican but i dont belive in that much stuff seeing as im only 15 and dont really care bout all this crap with global warming im jsut worried obut the problems in the middle east getting worse and the us needing to reinstate the draft
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames