Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Desert Mystic Library » John Carter of Mars
Bottom
Topic Subject:John Carter of Mars
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 03-17-12 05:13 PM EDT (US)         
This thread below is about the recent John Carter scifi film and how it relates to Rise of Legends.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 03-28-2012 @ 05:31 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
alincarpetman
Afreet
posted 03-28-12 05:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
I saw John Carter of Mars recently and it was a pretty good big budget sci-fi film. If you like any sci-fi, fantasy and adventure films, books, comics, games, etc then you'll probably like the film. The film is based on the century old book A Princess of Mars (1912) written by Edgar Rice Burroughs, and the Barsoom series played a role in influencing much of sci-fi/fantasy to follow.

Links
Trailers here, here and here
Official site
Wikia
Wikipedia
John Carter Files
JC of Mars
JCom Reader
Barsoomia
Savage Barsoom
John Carter of Mars
Carter Movie
IMDB
Facebook
Back To Barsoom
Photos here
Concept art here, here, here and here
Forums here, here and here

I was thinking Rise of Legends would be the perfect game to make a John Carter series mod in - too bad we never got the full modding capabilities. Even other films like Avatar, Stargate, 10,000 BC, Dune, The Dark Crystal, Chronicles of Riddick, Planet of the Apes, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, Last Exile, etc could have been modded inside the wonderful graphics world of Rol.

There are a lot of locations and civilizations from the Carter series to choose from for a mod. Some of them share visual similarities to those in Rise of Legends, such as glass flying machines of the humans on Barsoom recall the glass structures and cannons of the Alin, the huge mechanical mobile city of Zodanga looks like the giant Land Leviathan of the Vinci, the blue-toned technology and teleportation of the Therns are reminiscent of the alien Cuotl gods, and I suppose that Woola is the equivalent of Zeke. Other games such as Starcraft 2, Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Paraworld or some others might also be a good choice to make a mod.

Anyway, I didn't know what section of the forum to put this in, but if you like sci-fi fantasy stuff and know of anyone who would care to work on a Barsoom mod for any rts game - check it out, it's a fun film with a strong female character and some interesting unusual scenes.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 05-27-2012 @ 09:43 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames