You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 41 42 43 44 45 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
Xtreme64
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 12:15 PM EDT (US)     1051 / 1245       
I mean, someone telling ideas for a game storyline and them using it.
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 02:25 PM EDT (US)     1052 / 1245       
no, but i think what shala means is that the community say whats balanced and whats not, what they want to see and what they dont etc.

more and more game companies are taking this approach with expansion packs nowadays

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 04:43 PM EDT (US)     1053 / 1245       
verkinix
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 06:41 PM EDT (US)     1054 / 1245       
Ahh, Tab. Sorry, I missed that in the manual. Thanks

Storm, I saw a RoL strategy guide at bestbuy when I bought the game, so there is one

Further on the LMB, it seems that none of the icons that show up on roll over in RMB mode, show up in LMB mode and hence is why I cant garrison my units in bunkers and blimps and such. I hope this gets fixed soon as I'm always getting my mouse buttons mixed up (stupid cnc:tibsun).

Again, best wishes and prayers to you and your family GreyPawn.

JediJacenSolo
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 07:23 PM EDT (US)     1055 / 1245       
Yeah, same here. Not much a guy across the web can say about it, I guess.

I do have a question though. Will there be any modding tools coming out anytime soon, for modeling and reskinning? So far, there's been great XML stuff, but that's not my department :P How do we get into the .BIG files? And when does the RoL Exporter come out, if ever?

tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 07:53 PM EDT (US)     1056 / 1245       
any idea when 1st patch will come out and what it will cover?

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 08:00 PM EDT (US)     1057 / 1245       
From what as been reported in the forums there is already a patch released.
And there probably won't be a .BIG decrypting tool released, at least not an official one since the game uses an interesting system for the mods to get priority over the .BIG files by using the XML for single player purposes.

[This message has been edited by Czin_Minion (edited 05-22-2006 @ 08:42 PM).]

JediJacenSolo
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 08:55 PM EDT (US)     1058 / 1245       
So how do I get into the models and skins?
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 09:24 PM EDT (US)     1059 / 1245       
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 05-22-06 10:38 PM EDT (US)     1060 / 1245       
will there be new maps in the patches

Rol pwns
need i say more

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 05-22-2006 @ 10:38 PM).]

code255
Zekeling
posted 05-23-06 05:41 AM EDT (US)     1061 / 1245       
GreyPawn, are your programmers thinking about adding Dual Core CPU support? I've seen some damn impressive benchmarks for Quake 4 at http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/amd_athlon_64_fx_62_5000/page9.asp . If Dual Core CPUs could improve framerate problems in uberbattles or skirmishes with loads of AI players, I think supporting them fully would be great! This, in addition to PhysX support, would give tech-heads something to drool about, hehe!

[This message has been edited by code255 (edited 05-23-2006 @ 05:42 AM).]

tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 05-23-06 05:47 PM EDT (US)     1062 / 1245       
im thinking about getting a computer with a 2GHZ dual core will it play the game well?

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
Taufiq Khan
Zekeling
(id: Shala_T)
posted 05-24-06 08:10 AM EDT (US)     1063 / 1245       
Well, this isn't a question, but I thought you should take a look at this comic by GRUNT

http://rol.heavengames.com/albums/RoLToons/RoLtoons30002.jpg

I thought it was hilarious

★★★★★
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 05-24-06 01:42 PM EDT (US)     1064 / 1245       

Quote:

This wouldn't be much of a problem, but I'm suspicious that certain in game lines are not being spoken. Eg. In the demo there were spoken lines for the subquest to kill Don Sclario in the desert. In the full version these lines were missing. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

There are some differences in gameplay and content from the demo and the full version of the game, that might be what you are seeing. As an aside, making sure you have the latest sound card drivers can't hurt.

Quote:

This stance bug is really annoying, no matter what i set my options to my units keep coming out aggressive for some reason (profile is changing correctly, i've checked it). Hopefully it can be cleared up in a future patch.

Thanks for letting us know. We'll investigate this further.

Quote:

Is the issue of FX oftens ounding WAY silent known? I played campaign and I barely heard the fighting sounds until it was like 30music, 255fx. Wasn't as bad in quickmatch O.o

Sounds like it might be a problem with the hardware drivers for the sound card. Making sure those are up to date will probably help out with this issue you are experiencing.

Quote:

Suggestion: I couldn't find anywhere in the "achievements" page after a multi/quickbattle a list of how much relic income you had. This would be great to help analyze if maybe your opponent was scouting better in the early game.

Great suggestion! Will pass this one along.

Quote:

I'm just wondering, when there is an expansion pack, it will have a campaign, right?

We haven't announced any plans for an expansion pack for Rise of Legends at this time.

Quote:

encyclopedia Aio? any news yet? :P

oh and is there an online manual available? i can at least try and feel more satisfied by glaring away at the game manual for a while @o@

The Encyclopedia Aio is on its way. At current, there are no online versions of the game manual.

Quote:

I would like to know what would cause bik files in general to stutter.

Are you having this problem with playing all .bik files, even in other games? If so, there is a known issue with Windows system timer code on some AMD CPUs when using Bink Video playback.

http://www.radgametools.com/binkfaq.htm

Quote:

My system could run animated buildings and character models just fine, but the game reads it as being under the 1700 requirement. This paternal limitation really bugs me. There is no reason someone shouldnt be able to at least try to run those settings.

Quote:

Limitation via raw cpu mhz, as well as video memory issues; these kind of implementations are simply shortminded and shouldn't have been used.

The hardware limitations were imposed to reduce the number of potential issues and crashes players might experience through gameplay as a result of incompatible or inadequate hardware. We're investigating the usability of these limitations, as well as other means to limit hardware-related crashing while keeping the player's choices open.

Quote:

Do you have game sales above or below expectations so far? Can you share some numbers for US sales?

Quote:

Hey GP, how have sales been so far. Any report?

Still too early to tell at this point, though, the reception the game has received from the media has been very warm.

Quote:

I have noticed defenses like turrets and fortresses being a little squishy. Now I dont dispute that a massive army could take them down quickly, but it seems to me that a boss and a hand full of troops can take out a fortress without losing much of anything.

Defenses like towers and fortresses are intended primarily as "point defense" constructs, and enable a greater military push in the area where they are built while simultaneously discouraging raiding. A fortress or turret by itself usually can't stand up for long against an enemy army, though it may serve the player's purposes just as well by slowing the opposition's advance.

Quote:

What were your inspirations when creating the Cuotl?

"Chariot of the Gods" by Van Daniken is often referenced as one of the many sources of inspiration for the Cuotl race. The concept of alien beings infiltrating a tribal culture and simultaneously civilizing and enslaving it through technology is one of the most alluring aspects of the Cuotl.

Quote:

Control Group 1 is a pre-existing control group that has a Hero and 2 infantry units. I would like for any units created from a newly built Barracks to automatically join Control Group 1. Currently I can select the Barracks and right-click on the Control Group 1 icon -- but there is no keyboard command that performs the same function.

A good suggestion- I'll definitely pass this along.

Quote:

I have played two campaign scenarios and noticed that there is a huge difference between "Moderate" difficulty and "Tough".

Why is the difference so big and is it possible to adjust the difficulty levels or add a new one between these two?

It may just be the particular campaign scenario you are playing that makes the differences seem compound. On higher difficulty level settings, the computer begins to receive direct economic bonuses in addition to the programmed strategies it employs.

Quote:

A question: If you ever do have an expansion, do you think that BHG will be looking at the community ideas while deciding on the specs? I have made and seen what I think are some great ideas around here

We take all community feedback seriously and it has great weight on the development process. One shining example of this is how multiplayer was developed for Rise of Legends, compared to Rise of Nations. In RoL, we took all the feedback we received from the RoN multiplayer experience and applied it directly to the development process of fashioning an easy-to-use and easy-to-understand interface that gets you in-game ASAP.

You can definitely count on us taking the community's feedback and advice as well as lessons learned from Rise of Legends for future games.

Quote:

but i was wondering, is there gonna be a stratagy guide to this game? like tactics, campaign maps, maybe even tips on the map editor?

There is a strategy guide put out for Rise of Legends by Prima, and you can probably find it your local software retailer or online at places like Amazon.

Quote:

I do have a question though. Will there be any modding tools coming out anytime soon, for modeling and reskinning? So far, there's been great XML stuff, but that's not my department :P How do we get into the .BIG files? And when does the RoL Exporter come out, if ever?

Quote:

So how do I get into the models and skins?

In the last Community Tuesday release, we sent out a Mod Documentation Pack which contained extensive guides on how to create scenarios, multiplayer maps, tribes editing and more. We also plan on releasing follow-up custom content support in the near future. At current, there are no plans to release a RoL exporter for models/skins, though that may change in the future.

Quote:

will there be new maps in the patches

We do plan on releasing new multiplayer maps as episodic content, though we haven't yet announced whether or not these will be direct downloads or contained in point release patches. More on this to come.

Quote:

GreyPawn, are your programmers thinking about adding Dual Core CPU support?

Nope. They already have. If you have more than one CPU in your computer, the Big Huge Engine will use the second for handling both Physics and Audio.

Thank you all for your warm wishes and condolences during my absence this past week.

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-24-06 04:38 PM EDT (US)     1065 / 1245       
Greypawn you MUST RELEASE SKIN AND MODEL EXPORTERS!
You must!
How can we really mod the game without them???

Now I have to cancel my Zeke Mod.

FoxLegend
Zekeling
posted 05-24-06 06:03 PM EDT (US)     1066 / 1245       
Ummm, when it says we should use the latest audio drivers, should I use the normal ones or the one with OpenAL?

I have a regular Audio 4 soundcard and can select from 2 driver version, hope you can help me there.

And this is why I said, put "Slain by pope Benedict with Excalibur" on the obituary. - Roadkill the Cat
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 05-25-06 00:48 AM EDT (US)     1067 / 1245       
try them both :P

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
JaveHarron
Zekeling
posted 05-26-06 04:30 AM EDT (US)     1068 / 1245       
What are your thoughts on this?:

http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=514&st=recent&f=4,514,0,10

Thanks for any input you might have!

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 05-26-06 03:28 PM EDT (US)     1069 / 1245       

Quote:

Greypawn you MUST RELEASE SKIN AND MODEL EXPORTERS!
You must!
How can we really mod the game without them???

It is possible to do great and brilliant things with the data files in the modpack.exe without needing an exporter at current. If there is enough of a demand for it, we might consider releasing a model exporter at a later time.

Quote:

Ummm, when it says we should use the latest audio drivers, should I use the normal ones or the one with OpenAL?
I have a regular Audio 4 soundcard and can select from 2 driver version, hope you can help me there.

I would refer to the reference materials that came with the soundcard (or motherboard if it is an on-board). Those can tell you where to go online for the latest drivers and updates for your soundcard.

Quote:

What are your thoughts on this?:
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=514&st=recent&f=4,514,0,10

Thanks for any input you might have!

That's quite a post exploring the mysteries and intrigue of the world of Aio! I'd say that in the process of conjecture, you've stumbled on more truth behind the storyline there than anyone else to date. I'd rather withhold comment for now on any of the particular details, but it was a great read.

Oh, and for those of you stateside, have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-26-06 04:12 PM EDT (US)     1070 / 1245       
Okay.

I'm guessing that the models and skins are fused?

And you don't need a skin exporter otherwise. Just give us the files and a slightly updated bigmanifest.xml, by my eye.

But it's up to you. *Looks at price tag for 3D Studio Max, cries, looks again, collapses*

PS: Could we have the updated (if it has been since demo 2) resourcerules.xml as well? Just I sort of need to make Zekonium. (Just noticed it was already there)

PPS: Any chance of a three for all campaign in a patch?

PPPS: For 50 you can get on Look North on the BBC News to show off RoL if you say I'm in that region (which I am)
Get it some publicity eh?

PPPPS: You've made a brilliant game! I managed to convince an 11 year old I'd never seen before to get RoL from play.com or amazon when they got home using all their money saved up so far for Medieval Total War in less than 2 minutes at school! (Weird seen as it doesn't come out for ages).

PPPPPS: Is the editor timonium bug fixed yet? Because they're aren't any scenario's available.

PPPPPPS: I'm really doing too many PS's.

[This message has been edited by Evolved (edited 05-26-2006 @ 04:23 PM).]

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-27-06 06:01 AM EDT (US)     1071 / 1245       
Kind of off-topic, but I had to post it.

I NOW HAVE RISE OF LEGENDS! WOOT!

Taldarin
Zekeling
posted 05-27-06 07:29 AM EDT (US)     1072 / 1245       
I'm glad you guys at BHG are looking into the graphics restrictions. I do hope you find a solution to this soon.

Don't pray for the miracle, be the miracle!
ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 05-27-06 08:51 AM EDT (US)     1073 / 1245       
All right Evolved... So i'l be waiting for the CTW heros in quick battle mod in the modding forum now...

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1
Paperfriend
Zekeling
posted 05-27-06 09:06 AM EDT (US)     1074 / 1245       
Hey greypawn!
Thanks for your answers last time, I have seen them copied to a number of designteams. And you might have guessed I have more questions about the editor:
1. Can you write a guide to scripting which even the ones without any knowlegde of C/java and math can understand? I have read your whole guide about it didn't get it once I got past the "this guide consists of two parts" part.
2. Once I click "test" or "exit", my screen turns black, I get a error message, and RoL stops running, any idea what I could do?
3. Were is the delete button? I know you can use "cut", but just a square people can use to clear wide area's would be handy.

Thanks for your time (again)

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 05-27-2006 @ 01:01 PM).]

War
Zekeling
posted 05-28-06 11:44 AM EDT (US)     1075 / 1245       
Is anyone at BHG remotely interested in this forum?

http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=t&fn=2

Would be really nice if they were as I'm not here for them this time.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 41 42 43 44 45 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames