You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 42 43 44 45 46 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
RoNFan25
Zekeling
posted 05-28-06 02:40 PM EDT (US)     1076 / 1245       
Hey, will an ATI Radeon 256MB PCI card work for this game, because if it won't, would any size of AGP card be better?

Xfire= rustler33
icedrake8
Zekeling
posted 05-28-06 05:03 PM EDT (US)     1077 / 1245       
Are you looking into dropping gayspy/lamespy? That seems to be where most of the cmplaints lie (just look around the forums here and you'll two or three threads specifically about how gayspy/lamespy is RoL's sole problem atm.

"Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming wind
Auguries of Destruction be a lullaby for Rebirth"

Proud Leader of the Order of Champions - OoC_Wolf

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-29-06 08:13 AM EDT (US)     1078 / 1245       
i'm not sure about this so i'll ask the guys who made the game

are custom games ranked? do they change your elo score or experiance? can you unrank games?

can you lose experiance? (i'm not sure if it's only your ELO score that can go down)

and great credits guys!

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
Peej
Zekeling
posted 05-29-06 12:55 PM EDT (US)     1079 / 1245       
is there a way/will you make a way to change your capital ingame?

__--**""**--__
''--______--''
Peej the Saint
Red Sox Fan Official Idea maker? What I've done "Thank you, and have a nice day" Eso- Peej_the_Saint
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 05-30-06 02:25 PM EDT (US)     1080 / 1245       

Quote:

PPS: Any chance of a three for all campaign in a patch?

PPPS: For 50 you can get on Look North on the BBC News to show off RoL if you say I'm in that region (which I am)
Get it some publicity eh?

PPPPPS: Is the editor timonium bug fixed yet? Because they're aren't any scenario's available.

In order-
We'll see.
Our publisher is in charge of all marketing for RoL, but thanks for the heads up about that. The Timonium patch issue was fixed as of Patch 1.

Quote:

1. Can you write a guide to scripting which even the ones without any knowlegde of C/java and math can understand? I have read your whole guide about it didn't get it once I got past the "this guide consists of two parts" part.
2. Once I click "test" or "exit", my screen turns black, I get a error message, and RoL stops running, any idea what I could do?
3. Were is the delete button? I know you can use "cut", but just a square people can use to clear wide area's would be handy.

1. I'd recommend first reading a book about basic coding and markup before attempting to do fancier scenario editting scripting. A solid background in programming langauge can help tremendously when first learning how to script or use triggers.
2. Odd. I'll check this out and get back with you on it. Sounds like it might be something not set quite right with the system config.
3. There isn't one, to my knowledge. We'll certainly consider adding one at a later date though.

Quote:

Is anyone at BHG remotely interested in this forum?

Yes, and we check it and others of its kind frequently. We're actually right now working on a writeup to help players that are experiencing issues related to configuration problems, and we'll be releasing it soon to you.

Quote:

Hey, will an ATI Radeon 256MB PCI card work for this game, because if it won't, would any size of AGP card be better?

If your video card has at least 64 MB of memory and hardware transform and lighting, then it will play Rise of Legends.

Quote:

are custom games ranked? do they change your elo score or experiance? can you unrank games?

can you lose experiance? (i'm not sure if it's only your ELO score that can go down)

and great credits guys!

Custom Games are not ranked in ELO scores, but can change your Experience. Check out the great writeup on ranking in Rise of Legends as written by RoL Multiplayer Programmer Stuart Jeff that explains this and more here.

Quote:

is there a way/will you make a way to change your capital ingame?

Nope, once you have constructed your first Palace district, that is your Capitol and remains so for the match.

[This message has been edited by GreyPawn (edited 06-01-2006 @ 02:42 PM).]

Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 05-30-06 02:28 PM EDT (US)     1081 / 1245       
Hey GreyPawn,
Can you write a guide on triggers? Or is there one already?

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-30-06 03:33 PM EDT (US)     1082 / 1245       
I wanted to make sure you saw this.

On the multiplayer ranking thing, the interface gets screwed up if you click on the top team clans and the top free for all clans thing quickly. The free for all text jumps to the top and is unclickable.

Screenshot: http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6541/lamespy9fz.jpg[/img]]Available Here

Not summat massive, but thought you should take a look at it.

PS: Sorry about the lamespy bit in the bottom left.

[This message has been edited by Evolved (edited 05-30-2006 @ 03:45 PM).]

saetrum
Zekeling
posted 05-30-06 04:20 PM EDT (US)     1083 / 1245       
I see there is an option for custom campaigns, can we assume that means we'll get a campaign editor in a patch?
Paperfriend
Zekeling
posted 05-30-06 04:20 PM EDT (US)     1084 / 1245       
I <3 greypawn. BHG rocks

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-30-06 04:54 PM EDT (US)     1085 / 1245       
i'm not entirely sure custom games are unranked...

on my profile i've only played 1 team game which was with grunt in a custom game, we won (of course) and it gave me a win, updated my race stats, gave me a new score for team games and everything

this wouldn't have anything to do with "tournament rules" would it?

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 05-30-06 05:01 PM EDT (US)     1086 / 1245       
tournemet rules justs lets u see the other teams scre and wat race they are before the game they are still ranked without it
chargerrich
Zekeling
posted 05-31-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     1087 / 1245       
Is there any possibility that we can gain the ability to edit the population cap for LAN games? That is the single most important thing to a lot of us LAN players.

Some of us like to have 500-1000 units on the screen and if we have the horsepower, why not?

That was one of the things I liked most about RoN.

PLEASE let us edit the multiplayer pop cap.

Bridger
Zekeling
posted 06-01-06 12:22 PM EDT (US)     1088 / 1245       
RoN was a much easier game to get that many models on the screen, they simply wern't as detailed. You'd need a quad SLI rig to run ROL with a 500+ unit cap.

You DO get experience/lose experience with custom games. All games count toward your experience. Only the quickmatch games give you much more experience than custom games. Also, only 1v1 quickmatch games affect your ELO score.

Stuart Jeff mentioned that you are suposed to lose experience when you lose a game, and the server is calculating a loss of experience when people lose, but it's not being applied (i know i never lose experience for any games i play). It'll be fixed in a future patch i should think.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 06-01-06 02:01 PM EDT (US)     1089 / 1245       

Quote:

Also, only 1v1 quickmatch games affect your ELO score.

Funny how my ELO always changes in custom 1v1s...

Will BHG continue to sponsor RoL tournaments?

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-01-06 02:17 PM EDT (US)     1090 / 1245       
That's strange, I've not got a particularly good comp and I've had over 1000 on the screen.
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 06-01-06 03:13 PM EDT (US)     1091 / 1245       

Quote:

Hey GreyPawn,
Can you write a guide on triggers? Or is there one already?

I think you'll be pleased to find that we've already released a guide to scripting in Rise of Legends as a part of the last Community Tuesday on launch day. You can find the specific documents you seek at the following address-
http://rol.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=41

Quote:

On the multiplayer ranking thing, the interface gets screwed up if you click on the top team clans and the top free for all clans thing quickly. The free for all text jumps to the top and is unclickable.

Thanks for the heads up on that! I'll forward it to appropriate devs.

Quote:

I see there is an option for custom campaigns, can we assume that means we'll get a campaign editor in a patch?

Not to my knowledge. I'll have more on the functionality of the Load Custom Campaign button later for you.

Quote:

i'm not entirely sure custom games are unranked...
on my profile i've only played 1 team game which was with grunt in a custom game, we won (of course) and it gave me a win, updated my race stats, gave me a new score for team games and everything

this wouldn't have anything to do with "tournament rules" would it?

I ammended the earlier post. ELO isn't affected by custom games, but Experience is.

Quote:

Is there any possibility that we can gain the ability to edit the population cap for LAN games? That is the single most important thing to a lot of us LAN players.
Some of us like to have 500-1000 units on the screen and if we have the horsepower, why not?

That was one of the things I liked most about RoN.

PLEASE let us edit the multiplayer pop cap.

Multiplayer in RoL draws on files stored in the .bigs, and as such can't be modified to alter the pop cap.

Quote:

Will BHG continue to sponsor RoL tournaments?

Most definitely yes. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 06-01-06 05:48 PM EDT (US)     1092 / 1245       
greypawn this isnt really a question but a plea for help

plz tell microsoft to drop the gamespy it's killing the game from the inside oud and outside in at the sametime there are so many problem because of gamespy you took a amazing game and brought it down to a mediocer rts game

i beg u to change it or make a better server for it like ur own battle net

Rol pwns
need i say more

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 06-05-2006 @ 04:21 PM).]

Micster
Zekeling
posted 06-01-06 07:40 PM EDT (US)     1093 / 1245       
Greypawn, did you guys at BHG get the name Zeke from one of the Testers, Zeke Marks? Or was it just a conicdence?

Oh noes.
chargerrich
Zekeling
posted 06-01-06 11:25 PM EDT (US)     1094 / 1245       
GreyPawn,

Since you cannot increase the pop cap in multiplayer games (BOOOOO HISSSSS) can you confirm that we can increase the pop cap via rules.xml in single player games?

I am familiar with xml and have made numerous edits to the units and buildings but the rules.xml changes dont seem to apply in single player quick battle games.

I have made all the necessary changes (max pop cap, etc) in rules.xml but to no avail, the cap is still 300 (even though when i search rules.xml there is no mention of 300 pop cap other than what i edited out, yet 300 remains the cap.

Is the game looking elsewhere? any help is massively appreciated.

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 06-02-06 00:56 AM EDT (US)     1095 / 1245       
Would it be possible to implement ELO for clans?

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 06-02-06 05:37 AM EDT (US)     1096 / 1245       
chargerrich, I don't know why yours isn't working, but I'm releasing a super population mod for the full game later today.
chargerrich
Zekeling
posted 06-02-06 09:36 AM EDT (US)     1097 / 1245       
Evolved,

Thats awesome (and thank you). Is there more than just rules.xml changes? If not, is there any chance you will be releasing just the xml so i can compare to mine?

I must be missing something since the changes to unitrules.xml, buildingrules.xml, etc work fine, but the pop cap and some other changes to the rules.xml dont seem to be working (almost like the rules.xml is not being applied).

Thanks,

DesertWalker
Zekeling
posted 06-03-06 05:08 PM EDT (US)     1098 / 1245       
This question can really be answered by anyone who has the game so...To win in a scenario map does a player need only to destroy the city the opponent begins with or will the player have to destroy all cities the opponent controls? (personally I like the latter) Sorry don't have the game...yet...

0000000000 DesertWalker 000000000000
Yay!ROL!!
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 06-03-06 06:10 PM EDT (US)     1099 / 1245       
if it's one city you have to take down of the enemy's it will be their capital (first of their cities in which they build a palace district) otherwise all of them

but this is turned off by default in auto-match 1v1s i think and can be turned off for custom games or scenario hosting

DesertWalker
Zekeling
posted 06-03-06 07:31 PM EDT (US)     1100 / 1245       
thanks

0000000000 DesertWalker 000000000000
Yay!ROL!!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 42 43 44 45 46 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames