You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 02-08-06 10:59 AM EDT (US)     226 / 1245       

Quote:

When will the official site update with unit info and pics?
Will the Beta be scalable? I have heard in interviews that the full game will be scalable to lower spec pc's but I had also heard from some previews that the demo build they were given was pretty demanding even on the lower settings.

New site stuff is in the works. The beta test will be scalable to an extent, from what I understand.

Quote:

What basis are people invited on?
Will the demo be MP?

Beta test candidates are considered using a number of different factors, ranging from geographic location to hardware specs. I can't really say much more about the beta, as it is being conducted by our publisher, Microsoft, and they'd have more of the details than I. For more info, I'd recommend checking out http://beta.microsoft.com. As for multiplayer in the demo, I don't believe so, but its still too early to say definitively.

Quote:

@Greypawn: Do you have any idea how many units can be selected at once? In AOE3 for instance, the number is 50. Thanks. Nice job answering questions!

Currently, its 256 units. With a population cap of 300 (which I have yet to see reached in-game), and basic foot soldier units costing 2 pop, that roughly means "all of them".

LordAvenger
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 11:08 AM EDT (US)     227 / 1245       
Why 256 then?
Argalius
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 11:16 AM EDT (US)     228 / 1245       
2^8?

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 11:53 AM EDT (US)     229 / 1245       
I can't find any info on the beta

When is it coming?

*jumps up and down impatiently*

Quote from WH_demoneyekyo: "I would say u need more thinking playing "Go" then u would playing chess."
LordAvenger
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 12:43 PM EDT (US)     230 / 1245       
I hope beta won't be closed until it arrives me
Vator
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 01:19 PM EDT (US)     231 / 1245       
Cuotl Districts

As far as I am aware there are three districts (Military, Economic and Palace) that are the same for the Vinci and the Alin, and they each have a special district (Industrial and Magus respectively).

As for the Cuotl, does the Reactor district replace the Economic district?

If not, what does the economic distric do for the Cuotl? (As far as I know for the other 2 races it increases caravan limit and trade income capacity)

OR

If so, what is the Cuotl's special district?

Thanks again Greypawn.

[This message has been edited by Vator (edited 02-08-2006 @ 01:20 PM).]

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 02-08-06 01:58 PM EDT (US)     232 / 1245       

Quote:

Why 256 then?

Such is the domain of the programmers, who select numbers from the void for what arcane purpose I cannot surmise. In all actuality though, Argalius is probably correct, and it probably serves as a convenient mathmatical placeholder. But, like a number of things relegated to balancing issues, it may be subject to change.

Quote:

I can't find any info on the beta
When is it coming?

Soon[tm]. The beta is currently still in the first phase. When the second phase begins, I can't really say.

Quote:

If so, what is the Cuotl's special district?

The Reactor district does indeed replace the Merchant district for the Cuotl, and generates Energy as a resource as well as increasing the resource cap. The Cuotl special district though, is the Holy District. It increases the border push of the city, provides 1 free Holy Ark, and also increases the level of attrition experienced by enemy troops the closer they get.

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 02:13 PM EDT (US)     233 / 1245       
Can you give a more definite response to my earlier question as to whether there will be that indescribably wretched one account per cd policy?

Regarding flying units, do they swoop around to attack or do they hover in place?

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

Argalius
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 02:19 PM EDT (US)     234 / 1245       

Quote:

I hope beta won't be closed until it arrives me

Haha, I've kind of got the same feeling. Really, how long does it take to ship something to Europe? 3 weeks? I order once something which took 6 weeks the ocean... but I don't think that was normal.

You know, I think it might be smarter if they would just put it on the internet and then protect it with a password or something.. ah well, it's not my call.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades

[This message has been edited by Argalius (edited 02-08-2006 @ 02:21 PM).]

nice dictator
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 02:46 PM EDT (US)     235 / 1245       
i dont think they sent it yet... im in the US and theres no sign of it

"O! ye that love mankind!Ye that dare oppose not only tyranny but the tyrant, stand forth! Every spot of the Old World is overrun with oppression. Freedom hath been hunted round the globe. Asia and Africa have long expelled her. Europe regards her like a stranger and England hath given her warning to depart. O! receive the fugitive and
prepare intime an asylum for mankind."- Thomas Paine
what's the opposite of not sucking?"- Barbara Walters
"Yo Blair, how are you doiní?"-George W. Bush
Vator
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 06:26 PM EDT (US)     236 / 1245       
Wallpapers

Would it be possible to get an official Cuotl wallpaper?

Or does the Yontash mystery still have something to do with this...

Thanks.

CarlosF
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 09:09 PM EDT (US)     237 / 1245       
hey if it's possible how rol will handle the account multiplayer system? are we gona get some benefits for winning matches? is there gona be some clans? will the points for winning matches gives us some kind of tittle?

And what happened to yontash is he suddenly dissapears or why everybody stop talking about him?

[This message has been edited by CArlosF (edited 02-08-2006 @ 09:53 PM).]

Shaw DA MAN
Zekeling
posted 02-08-06 11:46 PM EDT (US)     238 / 1245       

Quote:

Currently, its 256 units. With a population cap of 300 (which I have yet to see reached in-game), and basic foot soldier units costing 2 pop, that roughly means "all of them".

AWESOME!! In AOE3 it really annoys me when I try to select my army and it leaves like a 3rd of the units out(cuz of 50 limit). RoL is sounding better and better..

Question: Do flying units (or any units i guess, but especially flyers) need refueling, like in RoN? Or are the civs so far advanced that the units recharge themselves... Thanx

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache
Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 02-09-06 00:30 AM EDT (US)     239 / 1245       
Heroes level up through combat. You can see it in the new weekly screenshot. That is interesting. GreyPawn, does a hero lose all his experience when he dies? For instance, if my enemy has a fully leveled up Sawu hero and I kill him, can he just buy him again and immediatly start using max level spells on me, or does he start back at level 1 again?

I think starting at level 1 again would be better, as it would make heroes much more valuable to keep alive. Letting them keep their XP after dying would make them much more expendable, and could even result in players spamming them.

Quote from WH_demoneyekyo: "I would say u need more thinking playing "Go" then u would playing chess."

[This message has been edited by Zeusmeister (edited 02-09-2006 @ 00:32 AM).]

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 02-09-06 01:12 AM EDT (US)     240 / 1245       
I like warcraft3's system of paying more to revive a hero the higher level it is. I think its kind of lame to lose all your progress on a hero just because your opponent managed to kill it.

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 02-09-06 01:20 AM EDT (US)     241 / 1245       
I think reviving at high levels would be stupid. If I got one hero to max level and then he died who do you think I would build? That hero with uber final spell or a measly level 1 hero?

I think the increase in resistance to focus fire as they level up should let heroes survive battles if they are careful. If your level 4 hero dies, I think it should be gone, and you should have to restart with a level 1.

[This message has been edited by Zeusmeister (edited 02-09-2006 @ 01:21 AM).]

LordAvenger
Zekeling
posted 02-09-06 01:34 PM EDT (US)     242 / 1245       
Some questions about heroes:

- Does it get harder to level up after each level?

- I think you said every hero has one super power. Do we need to be in a certain level to unlock this?

- How fast can we produce a hero?

- Do you personally think producing one hero and focusing on it is better or producing several?

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 02-09-06 06:04 PM EDT (US)     243 / 1245       

Quote:

Can you give a more definite response to my earlier question as to whether there will be that indescribably wretched one account per cd policy?
Regarding flying units, do they swoop around to attack or do they hover in place?

The account number per cd is still being finalized, however I am pleased to tell you that there will not be one account per CD.

Quote:

Would it be possible to get an official Cuotl wallpaper?

Sure! Not enough time to get it added to this next Community Tuesday's release, but I'll slate it for the following one.

Quote:

hey if it's possible how rol will handle the account multiplayer system? are we gona get some benefits for winning matches? is there gona be some clans? will the points for winning matches gives us some kind of tittle?
And what happened to yontash is he suddenly dissapears or why everybody stop talking about him?

A lot more about the multiplayer interface and aspects will be revealed in the near future. Yontosh is still kicking around too- he hasn't been forgotten.

Quote:

Question: Do flying units (or any units i guess, but especially flyers) need refueling, like in RoN? Or are the civs so far advanced that the units recharge themselves...

Some air units do need to return to refuel, but others don't.

[quote GreyPawn, does a hero lose all his experience when he dies? For instance, if my enemy has a fully leveled up Sawu hero and I kill him, can he just buy him again and immediatly start using max level spells on me, or does he start back at level 1 again?[/quote]

Nope. When your hero dies, he returns at the same level he was. The hero automatically returns to life after a certain period of time, and you don't have to pay to bring him back.
Edit: I was thinking of an earlier version before. You do have to pay to Revive your hero after he/she dies, with costs to revive ramping per hero level. The revive process is not instant.

Quote:

Some questions about heroes:
- Does it get harder to level up after each level?
- I think you said every hero has one super power. Do we need to be in a certain level to unlock this?
- How fast can we produce a hero?
- Do you personally think producing one hero and focusing on it is better or producing several?

Levelling, from my experiences in-game, has remained about constant across the various levels. Most hero epic abilities have a prerequisite upgrade that you have to research for the hero to learn the new ability. In order to gain access to research it though, you have to have a Great City, that is, one with two Capital Districts.

Heroes can be produced as soon as you have the required resources. Balancing heroes to units and focusing on their development is a key part of gameplay. I personally tend to go for just one and stick with him/her, but others I know go for 2 or all of them.

[This message has been edited by GreyPawn (edited 02-10-2006 @ 11:07 AM).]

Glassmage
Zekeling
posted 02-09-06 08:33 PM EDT (US)     244 / 1245       
From what I read, is it true that Coult Gods/heroes can TRAMPLE other punier units and kill them automatically??? Because it would be way too powerful.

you can't spell 'ignorance' without IGN.
Lord Cancer
Zekeling
posted 02-09-06 09:00 PM EDT (US)     245 / 1245       
Do the Vinci and Cuotl races show some land deformation like the Alin? Like for example having Vinci cities have the ground around them look more dead and blackened by the industrial damage?
Shaw DA MAN
Zekeling
posted 02-10-06 00:13 AM EDT (US)     246 / 1245       
as far as you know, Does RoL favor one brand of graphics card more?( AoE3 favors Nvidia)

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache
Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 02-10-06 10:16 AM EDT (US)     247 / 1245       
AOE3 does not favor NVIDIA. It favors Shader Model 3.0, which is only available on the very expensive ATI models.

Just because it uses new technology doesn't mean ES was trying to make it work better on NVIDIA cards. That's just a byproduct of ATI waiting too long to switch to 3.0.

StR_Statius
Zekeling
posted 02-10-06 12:26 PM EDT (US)     248 / 1245       
If i understood it right, the Cuotl is a race with powerfull units, but they take a lot of population slots.

Wouldnt this make someone with uber micromanagement invincible when they play with the Cuotl?

[This message has been edited by StR_Statius (edited 02-10-2006 @ 12:28 PM).]

LordAvenger
Zekeling
posted 02-10-06 12:34 PM EDT (US)     249 / 1245       
A Protoss player in SC isn't invincible even with great micro. I think it will be same with RoL.
Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 02-10-06 02:37 PM EDT (US)     250 / 1245       
The respawning hero thing sounds good.

Is there a specific reason why no screenshot of the flying Alin hero has been shown? I think its called Damenhur. Is it fiery like the Rukhs?

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames