You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
MxM
Zekeling
posted 03-17-06 01:00 AM EDT (US)     476 / 1245       
Does NDA prohibits to say if you like the game, without going into details of why?
alwayssummerdays
Zekeling
posted 03-17-06 07:26 AM EDT (US)     477 / 1245       
What is the play style of the Cuotl?

We know that the Vinci are suited towards turtling,and the Alin towards rushing,but we haven't any idea for the Cuotl.From the preview at gamespy,I understand that they have some amazing end-game units,which gives the idea that they're turtles,but the act that htey can use energy to wipe out their enemieswith powerful special attacks.Could you please tell us something about their strategy?

komrade
Zekeling
posted 03-17-06 12:23 PM EDT (US)     478 / 1245       
will we also be able to download the game manual when its finished ?
a well designed manual can do wonders for the game experience.
for instance the manual for c&c tiberian sun was designed in such a way that it looks and reads like a military document.
and i think that a manual could for instance be designed in such a way that its actually Giacomo's journal.
having a lot of descriptions of his past where he traveled the vinci lands and went to the alin desert.
having unit descriptions as notes for his brother and the drawings in the style of leonardo da vinci.

personally i think that a manual done in the way i described above would fit in really well.

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 03-17-06 03:34 PM EDT (US)     479 / 1245       
yeah but the main part of a manual i think is the chunky-ness factor, i really dont like it when a game comes and i open the box and find a manual about a hair's width inside, i usually base my initial ideas on how deep a game actually is by seeing how deep the manual is, if its just got plain basics such as "left click = select" then it dont feel too great.

so you have any idea how big the manual is/will be for RoL?
oh and will it be in colour?

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
komrade
Zekeling
posted 03-17-06 03:50 PM EDT (US)     480 / 1245       
i have no idea perhaps greypawn will have an idea how the manual turn out.

also do you have empire earth 1 ?
that "manual" is insane 244 pages and slightly thicker then a dvd case.
never seen something like that with a game before.
also lately i have been seeing games with only a paper with a keymap and the actual manual on the cd/dvd itself that felt like a rip-off to me.
so im with you that a manual needs to be big and full with background story's about the game world.

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 03-17-06 04:37 PM EDT (US)     481 / 1245       

Quote:

Will we be able to find something that doesn't cost us money that we can use to make models that we can actually use in the game?

I'm sure there are a few viable open source programs available for model creation. It might take a bit of research to find the one that best suits your needs.

Quote:

can 2 nations be trading at the same site at once? if it is what would happen?

Nothing out of the ordinary. Trading is not an exclusive action that only one player can perform at a neutral site.

Quote:

Does NDA prohibits to say if you like the game, without going into details of why?

The NDA is fairly comprehensive when it comes to covering what you can and cannot share about the beta test. If you have any questions in specific that don't appear to be outlined in the NDA, feel free to contact either the beta coordinator or myself about them.

Quote:

What is the play style of the Cuotl?
We know that the Vinci are suited towards turtling,and the Alin towards rushing,but we haven't any idea for the Cuotl.From the preview at gamespy,I understand that they have some amazing end-game units,which gives the idea that they're turtles,but the act that htey can use energy to wipe out their enemieswith powerful special attacks.Could you please tell us something about their strategy?

All three of the playable races can be used with different strategies, and I outline this in an earlier part of this thread. Since there are 3 wholly unique races in RoL, and 3 basic archetypes of RTS strategy, one can choose from any of the 9 different styles to adopt. While the Cuotl are more expensive and powerful pound-for-pound, it doesn't preclude them from conduting very effective rushing strategies.

Quote:

will we also be able to download the game manual when its finished ?
a well designed manual can do wonders for the game experience. for instance the manual for c&c tiberian sun was designed in such a way that it looks and reads like a military document. and i think that a manual could for instance be designed in such a way that its actually Giacomo's journal. having a lot of descriptions of his past where he traveled the vinci lands and went to the alin desert. having unit descriptions as notes for his brother and the drawings in the style of leonardo da vinci.
personally i think that a manual done in the way i described above would fit in really well.

Quote:

so you have any idea how big the manual is/will be for RoL? oh and will it be in colour?

I actually have an early copy of the manual for Rise of Legends on my desk for reference purposes, so I'm more than happy to answer these questions. The manual will be in full color and about the same size as the RoN one- about 50 pages or so. It will detail all the units, structures, districts and heroes you can create and give descriptions and images of each. It is currently too early to tell if it will be available for download or in digital format, but it will accompany the game in the retail box.

MxM
Zekeling
posted 03-17-06 05:47 PM EDT (US)     482 / 1245       

Quote:

by MxM

Quote:

by GrayPawn
The NDA is fairly comprehensive when it comes to covering what you can and cannot share about the beta test. If you have any questions in specific that don't appear to be outlined in the NDA, feel free to contact either the beta coordinator or myself about them

You have misunderstood the intend of my question, it is not like I do not understand NDA, I do not have it, because I am not a beta tester. So, I was just wondering if those who gets the beta can say if they "like it" or "like it very much" (the only two options IMO ), without providing any other details. Can they do it?
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 03-17-06 05:50 PM EDT (US)     483 / 1245       
woohoo!

thats good, i didnt say it before but some manuals are just over the top (eg the empire earth manual, usually i might read the manuals through while installing but thats just too thick) so i'm glad to see that (so far anyways) theres no waffleing going on

tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 03-17-06 08:33 PM EDT (US)     484 / 1245       
So like what other modeling programs are there?

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
FoxLegend
Zekeling
posted 03-17-06 09:59 PM EDT (US)     485 / 1245       
I can answer that
The most popular are 3D Studio MAX, Maya and SoftImage, all of which ain't free. Of course, you can always create content with Bryce and POVRay

And this is why I said, put "Slain by pope Benedict with Excalibur" on the obituary. - Roadkill the Cat

[This message has been edited by FoxLegend (edited 03-17-2006 @ 10:00 PM).]

One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 03-17-06 10:20 PM EDT (US)     486 / 1245       

Quoted from Greypawn:

I'm sure there are a few viable open source programs available for model creation. It might take a bit of research to find the one that best suits your needs.

isnt the issue with the exporter... as long as its compatible. unless ROL can use models and animation files that hasnt been converted to BH3 and BHA formats. i mean the Big Huge exporter for RoN, only worked with 3DSMax and nothing else that i was aware of. It didnt work for Gmax.

[This message has been edited by One_Dead_Angel (edited 03-17-2006 @ 10:22 PM).]

Bastidus Madimus
Zekeling
posted 03-18-06 00:13 AM EDT (US)     487 / 1245       

Quote:

Let me clarify- there is no focus fire penalty, except for heroes. Meaning, in all circumstances where combat is involved, there is no focus fire penalty. The only exception are direct attacks on heroes, in which case the attacker of the hero suffers a focus fire penalty.

Hooray!

LordAvenger
Zekeling
posted 03-18-06 02:29 AM EDT (US)     488 / 1245       
Indeed
FoxLegend
Zekeling
posted 03-18-06 07:57 AM EDT (US)     489 / 1245       
Nice inbetween way, should definitely make some people here very happy ^^

And this is why I said, put "Slain by pope Benedict with Excalibur" on the obituary. - Roadkill the Cat
Admiral_Storm
Zekeling
posted 03-18-06 08:38 AM EDT (US)     490 / 1245       
Awesome.

On a somewhat related note... between a level 5 hero and an epic unit (glass dragon/leviathan/city of vengeance), what wins? And one on one, what hero can destroy the largest variety of his contemporaries?

EDIT: Also, I know that, for example, Warcraft has spawned a number of novels related to the game world (I own seven of them). I really love it when lore is taken this much into detail - will we see any officially sanctionned novels coming out about Aio?

And third, in some of the trailers, we see what look like burning cathedrals. What are these? They look rather hellish - I assume they are campaigns maps, but nevertheless, I'm curious.

Finally, is there any chance we might see one of the 9 in-game cinematics before release?

(\___/)
(='.'=)
("}_("}
Copy Lapinet the french rabbit around to help him conquer the world.

[This message has been edited by Admiral_Storm (edited 03-18-2006 @ 08:49 AM).]

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 03-18-06 10:18 AM EDT (US)     491 / 1245       
i forgot to ask about this before but

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/746/746556/img_3365922.html

that thing looks amazing, i'm guesing its campaign only piece, but just out of interest, do alin and cuotl get simmilar things? and can all of those turrets fire at different targets?

and is the campaign for all 3 races? or is it only vinci? or do you have to unlock the other race campaigns?

[This message has been edited by storm legion (edited 03-18-2006 @ 10:24 AM).]

Admiral_Storm
Zekeling
posted 03-18-06 10:59 AM EDT (US)     492 / 1245       
IIRC, the campaign is always Giacamo and his little trinkets, but otherwise it's split up into three parts - the first where he commands Vinci forces and fights the Doge, the second where he fights alongside the Alin, and the third where he gets Cuotl stuff - I'd venture the guess he fights alongside the Forsaken/Fallen (what's the proper name again?).

In all, you get Giacamo all throughout, and all 3 races in their own section. Not sure though, GreyPawn could correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Ooh, ooh, I have another one! Can we get a screenshot of the after-battle statistics? For example, in Age of Empires they are rather basic, but in mpire Earth 2 there are numerous little statistics and so on, for example the cost of killing an enemy unit, and a list of "battles", among other things. Quite fun. What will RoN have at the end of a game?

(\___/)
(='.'=)
("}_("}
Copy Lapinet the french rabbit around to help him conquer the world.

[This message has been edited by Admiral_Storm (edited 03-19-2006 @ 08:56 AM).]

TriMaster3
Zekeling
posted 03-18-06 10:54 PM EDT (US)     493 / 1245       
Hey greypawn

I was kind of worried about the fact that because there is no water will it end up being like AOM:TTE where units similar to titans will take over and be unstoppable?

And any new updates on graphic specs? like minimum system req.?

Resource gathering?

Screen shots of villagers?

What happens when your city gets destroyed

Oh yea, guys what page was the work day thing, or if any of you know off the top of your head what time does he usually answer questions?

Finally, while playing RON I had a problem where it would not read the CD and then froze. Many people reported this (I checked on google). Have you fixed it?

[This message has been edited by TriMaster3 (edited 03-19-2006 @ 06:43 PM).]

GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 03-19-06 09:17 AM EDT (US)     494 / 1245       
You're gonna hate me because I have a ton of questions . For my part though, I did read through the thread, so I'll try not to repeat questions . I did miss out a lot of RoL info, though...I'm only just getting back into it because things have gotten really interesting and there's suddenly so much new info :P.

So, here I go....

Greypawn- I don't quite understand your 'tactics' description of the Desert Walker and the Musketeer.

Once you get the Glass Bolts ability, do Desert Walkers become only ranged units?

When Musketeers gain the Assault tactic, can they no longer attack at range?

Do Desert Walkers move faster than the other 2 'basic infantry' units of the other civs?

I know Alin in general tend to outnumber their foes, but this isn't really reflected in the screenshots released so far...I'd love to see more screenshots of Alin armies! I was a bit disappointed in the Alin gameplay vid in that it pretty much just showcased their heroes and really large units, and you don't really get to see the 'superior numbers' theme of the Alin. Would it be possible to see some of this in the later media? (=

About the 3 Alin dragons, can all 3 be built at the same time? Like individually, they're weaker than the City of Vengeance or the Leviathan, but they're more of a force to be reckoned with when all 3 of them are present?

Do any of the 3 civs fit the following description: "a primarly a land-orientated army with weaker flyers than other civs, but compensating with good anti-air capabilities." ? And if so- which one? :P

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
LordAvenger
Zekeling
posted 03-19-06 10:08 AM EDT (US)     495 / 1245       

Quote:

I know Alin in general tend to outnumber their foes, but this isn't really reflected in the screenshots released so far...I'd love to see more screenshots of Alin armies! I was a bit disappointed in the Alin gameplay vid in that it pretty much just showcased their heroes and really large units, and you don't really get to see the 'superior numbers' theme of the Alin. Would it be possible to see some of this in the later media? (=

Ehem

GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 03-19-06 10:27 AM EDT (US)     496 / 1245       
Yeah I know, but those are really old screenies, we haven't really seen much at all recently =/.

Also, which of the civs is the most melee-orientated, if there is one?

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 03-19-06 11:07 AM EDT (US)     497 / 1245       
this is the biggest army pic for the alin i've got so far
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/746/746556/img_2767371.html
but yeah i'd really like to see a much bigger army size, say the horizon filled with nothing but desert walkers :P

i also wanted to ask:

you said the desert walkers can be upgraded to go invisible, can they move when invisible? does it have a time limit?

and the same for the cuotl soldiers cloak thingy

and do alin cities cause the ground around them to turn into desert? that would be so cool (unless you dont like alin)

and the alin can make a decoy army, is that a hero special ability? or race special ability? and is that the one the summons an army or is it a seperate ability?

is there a way to see through invisibility abilities?

TriMaster3
Zekeling
posted 03-19-06 11:41 AM EDT (US)     498 / 1245       
You told us the powers of the desertwalker (or something like that, im refering to the alin infantry unit) but wat about the powers for the cuotl infantry and musketeer?

[This message has been edited by TriMaster3 (edited 03-19-2006 @ 11:42 AM).]

Bastidus Madimus
Zekeling
posted 03-19-06 12:45 PM EDT (US)     499 / 1245       

Quote:

You told us the powers of the desertwalker (or something like that, im refering to the alin infantry unit) but wat about the powers for the cuotl infantry and musketeer?

Quote:

Imperial Musketeers start out with "Fire At Will" (poor Will ) which is the default tactic and "Volley Fire" which is a close-order formation that delivers more damage but limits the Musketeer's movement and ability to avoid being hit. After the first upgrade, "Fire At Will" is changed to "Skirmish" which allows the unit to move at a faster speed and take less damage. The second upgrade provides the new tactic "Assault" which transforms the unit into a strong melee and allows it to do greater damage to enemies that try to trample it.

Cuotl Sentinels do not possess tactics, but rather they can actually employ abilities in a limited sense. After the appropriate upgrade/research, each Sentinel unit is equipped with a Personal Shield and a Personal Cloak that can be activated for a nominal cost in Energy.

MxM
Zekeling
posted 03-19-06 05:55 PM EDT (US)     500 / 1245       
Why Alim has been changed to Alin?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames