You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 04-13-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)     726 / 1245       
There are rumors that the release date has been delayed a few weeks, are they true?

Regarding mods, what file would we alter to add in a new race to the selection screen? It would be a cool to do a race out of all the neutrals or something to that effect.

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

Joeking14
Zekeling
posted 04-13-06 12:16 PM EDT (US)     727 / 1245       
What release date?

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!
_.+._
(^\/^\/^)
\@*@*@/
{_____}
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 04-13-06 12:27 PM EDT (US)     728 / 1245       
Quote Giacomo Diary part 3..
'We play a game... he points to things and names them... I do the same in vinci'
Taufiq Khan
Zekeling
(id: Shala_T)
posted 04-13-06 05:29 PM EDT (US)     729 / 1245       
I'm assuming your question is on what language the units will speak in the game

★★★★★
Captain Snackbar
Zekeling
posted 04-13-06 05:34 PM EDT (US)     730 / 1245       
I know for the most part that the cutscenes will be in English, but I was just wondering if we could get a little information on the Vinci language itself.

For example, if you were to watch a movie about Spanish people, the Spanish people would be speaking in English, right? Well, I'm basicly asking if anyone knew several simple commands in Spanish.

In this case, however, I'm asking about the Vinci, and not Spanish people.

"You load sixteen tons and what do you get?
You get one day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me, 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store"-Ernie Ford
Czin_Minion
Zekeling
posted 04-13-06 08:56 PM EDT (US)     731 / 1245       
I read somewhere that glass golems form the glass circle had 2 stances one for melee and another for range attack, since they only have the ranged attack on the demo I would like to ask if they do indeed have a melee attack in the full version.
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 04-13-06 10:32 PM EDT (US)     732 / 1245       
Is play.com a victim of wishful thinking saying it's released on 28/04/06? Or is it really?
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 04-14-06 10:51 AM EDT (US)     733 / 1245       

Quote:

GrayPawn,
According to http://physx.ageia.com/titles RoL supports the physx card. How exactly does it look in the game? Do graphics become significantly more complex? Or does framerate become much greater? Do we have to spend money on that card to see the game in a full glory? Or is it just a marketing ploy and actual influence is so minor, that 10% increase in the processor speed would achieve the same effect?

Here's a great response that will appear in a future article from our Lead Programmer, Jason Coleman, about our plans with the Ageia PhysX processor. Hopefully it should answer your questions-

"With the latest firmware from Ageia, we certainly hope to push a large volume of objects onto the hardware. We'd love to rag-doll 10 times the number we do now and have them collide with each other and surrounding buildings. For the buildings, we plan on releasing large amounts of physically based particles. In addition to sheer volume, we're excited about the possibilties for adding fluid simulation into our special effects systems. Some of the possible uses may surprise you (and us!). We can imagine thick layers of smoke that waft around buildings and get pushed by incoming explosions. Perhaps the spew from a Glass Dragon will flow off the surface of a Leviathon via surface simulation. We just have to see what the artists will do!"

Quote:

Hey GreyPawn I was just wondering, whats the race you play the most?

Personally, I prefer the Cuotl. I've always been enamoured with the concept of using black holes and quantum singularities strategically on the field of battle.

Quote:

Greypawn, this may be a bit off-topic, but I'd just like to know a bit about the lingual aspect of the Vinci.
Seeing that we know little more than the name of the Vinci (Thanks to Evloved for pointing this out) language, will we learn any of it during the campaign, or will it all be in the native language of the country that the game is shipped to?

Do you know any simple commands in Vinci, or have you not worked on that yet?

The player will always be able to understand the langauge of the various races, in a very Babelfish sort've way. At current though, there have been no storyline expounding on the specific languages which might be spoken. In the American/English language version of the game, characters will speak in English. In the German version of the game, characters will speak in German, and so on.

Quote:

seeing as you guys pretty much have the final version of the game now (and have been playing against game reviewers on it) can you tell us how many fps you get normally? because one video i saw was laggy and jumpy while another newer one was running smoothly with huge armies on the screen to the point that i thought someone had just made the video play faster to take away the jumps

FPS range widely from system to system, and depend on a number of variables such as processor speed and video card. Keep in mind as well that the recorded video quality of the clip can be a factor as well. We're still in the process of optimizing the game for release, and the end product will run smooth on most (even mid-to-lower end) machines.

Quote:

There are rumors that the release date has been delayed a few weeks, are they true?
Regarding mods, what file would we alter to add in a new race to the selection screen? It would be a cool to do a race out of all the neutrals or something to that effect.

Not that I am aware of. We're still on target for release in May. Adding a brand new race in a mod has been discussed previously, and is no small feat to accomplish for even a talented modder. It would affect a majority of the xml files that govern rules, units and tech found in the /data directory.

Quote:

I read somewhere that glass golems form the glass circle had 2 stances one for melee and another for range attack, since they only have the ranged attack on the demo I would like to ask if they do indeed have a melee attack in the full version.

Glass Golems are ranged combat units only.

Quote:

Is play.com a victim of wishful thinking saying it's released on 28/04/06? Or is it really?

There will probably be rampant speculation as to the specific release date up until the announcement of going gold. May is still the current target release period.

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 04-14-06 11:08 AM EDT (US)     734 / 1245       

Quote:

It would affect a majority of the xml files that govern rules, units and tech found in the /data directory.

So it can be added to the selection screen in addition to the other 3 races soley from the xmls(assuming you already have the art done)?

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 04-14-06 04:54 PM EDT (US)     735 / 1245       

Quote:

So it can be added to the selection screen in addition to the other 3 races soley from the xmls(assuming you already have the art done)?

Theoretically...yes. But this is assuming you have all the art, assets, sounds and other necessary resources lined up. Like I mentioned, this would be an undertaking, and would probably have to involve a team of modders (or 2-3 if Evolved cloned himself).

Unknown8063
Zekeling
posted 04-14-06 07:46 PM EDT (US)     736 / 1245       
Which is entirely possible considering how "evolved" he is
MxM
Zekeling
posted 04-14-06 09:19 PM EDT (US)     737 / 1245       

Quote:

by GrayPawn
Here's a great response that will appear in a future article from our Lead Programmer, Jason Coleman, about our plans with the Ageia PhysX processor. Hopefully it should answer your questions-

"With the latest firmware from Ageia, we certainly hope to push a large volume of objects onto the hardware. We'd love to rag-doll 10 times the number we do now and have them collide with each other and surrounding buildings. For the buildings, we plan on releasing large amounts of physically based particles. In addition to sheer volume, we're excited about the possibilties for adding fluid simulation into our special effects systems. Some of the possible uses may surprise you (and us!). We can imagine thick layers of smoke that waft around buildings and get pushed by incoming explosions. Perhaps the spew from a Glass Dragon will flow off the surface of a Leviathon via surface simulation. We just have to see what the artists will do!"

So, do I understand correctly that everything is in "plans" and as of now, and probably on release day nothing or very small parts of it will be implemented?

BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN
Zekeling
posted 04-15-06 09:35 AM EDT (US)     738 / 1245       
What is Ageia and should I be cocnerned as I am using a laptop for this game.

Also, as my laptop runs the demo fairly well, (I can comfortably alt-tab in and out of the demo, which should cause crshes), I'm assuming I can assume that the real thing will be gloriously graphical on said laptop?

I have specific question, to get citizens patrolling your city districts, the demo requires a 1700 ghz processor, and there were a couple of other effects with those demands. E.G:
Building animatgion 1.7 ghz
Large Unit physics 2 ghz
Full screen filters-230 mb video card.

And what exactly do these things do? And should hey concern me, or are they just eye candy?

Are these indicative figures for the real thing?

I have a 1600 processor, which the game views as 1596 (same diference).

Last question, is there a way to pick a default colour for your skirmish team? I like gold on my units, but the game selection defaults to red. Is this an option in the full release? I realise that that is a minor thing if it isn''t there, but when you come from dawn of wars completely customizable unit sets (i.e. you can pick the colours etc) you tend to miss it a little.

If there were an option to configure the colour scheme for your troops...well, it's a frivilous extra,and I'm probably the only person who'd use it.

BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN, last of the Azrac warriors.
Taufiq Khan
Zekeling
posted 04-15-06 11:12 AM EDT (US)     739 / 1245       
Hey GP, I don't know if this has been asked before.

Will there be Clan support in RoL Online? I mean [xxx]Shala tags instead of having xxx_Shala as a username.

Oh, that also brings me to ask whether RoL Online will allow one account per user or not.

Thanks again

★★★★★
Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 04-15-06 11:39 AM EDT (US)     740 / 1245       
I have another question regarding modding. If I wanted to make the heroes of a race other than the cuotl use the spellcast method rather than techtrack, what xml(s) would I have to modify and in what way?

[This message has been edited by Doggiedoodle (edited 04-15-2006 @ 03:51 PM).]

Taufiq Khan
Zekeling
posted 04-15-06 01:34 PM EDT (US)     741 / 1245       

Quote:

Theoretically...yes. But this is assuming you have all the art, assets, sounds and other necessary resources lined up. Like I mentioned, this would be an undertaking, and would probably have to involve a team of modders (or 2-3 if Evolved cloned himself).

It would be really awesome if a modding community succeeded in making a good and somewhat balanced race
BHG might even consider adding it to a patch if it became popular enough

*Thinks of the possibilities*

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala (edited 04-15-2006 @ 01:34 PM).]

I Am Hollywood
Zekeling
posted 04-15-06 09:46 PM EDT (US)     742 / 1245       
Greypawn,

Is there an ETA on the 2nd demo that Tim Train spoke of in his statement?
And if so, will there be any new features such as multiplayer demo (please dear lord) besides bug fixes and performance improvements.

Thanks.

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 04-17-06 11:32 AM EDT (US)     743 / 1245       

Quote:

So, do I understand correctly that everything is in "plans" and as of now, and probably on release day nothing or very small parts of it will be implemented?

We do plan on further updating physics (such as physically based particles and fluid simulation) handling and adding in additional hardware support post-release.

Quote:

What is Ageia and should I be cocnerned as I am using a laptop for this game.
Also, as my laptop runs the demo fairly well, (I can comfortably alt-tab in and out of the demo, which should cause crshes), I'm assuming I can assume that the real thing will be gloriously graphical on said laptop?

The Ageia PhysX chip optimizes physics handling for Rise of Legends, but users without the won't have any problems running the game and still experiencing breathtaking graphics.

Quote:

I have specific question, to get citizens patrolling your city districts, the demo requires a 1700 ghz processor, and there were a couple of other effects with those demands. E.G:
Building animatgion 1.7 ghz
Large Unit physics 2 ghz
Full screen filters-230 mb video card.

And what exactly do these things do? And should hey concern me, or are they just eye candy?

The demo is early unoptimized code, and as such has greater hardware requirements for displaying smaller graphical elements such as city garrisons patrolling districts. It is eye candy, and doesn't directly affect gameplay. The newer demo and release will have lower minspecs than the demo, as the code is more optimized for performance.

Quote:

Last question, is there a way to pick a default colour for your skirmish team? I like gold on my units, but the game selection defaults to red. Is this an option in the full release? I realise that that is a minor thing if it isn''t there, but when you come from dawn of wars completely customizable unit sets (i.e. you can pick the colours etc) you tend to miss it a little.

If there were an option to configure the colour scheme for your troops...well, it's a frivilous extra,and I'm probably the only person who'd use it.

Not at this time, but that's a good suggestion and I'll definitely pass it along to the dev team.

Quote:

Will there be Clan support in RoL Online? I mean Shala tags instead of having xxx_Shala as a username.

Oh, that also brings me to ask whether RoL Online will allow one account per user or not.

We have full clan support in Rise of Legends, though usernames aren't tagged. Instead, the full Clan name appears beneath the username to denote affiliation. Last I checked, one account could support up to 7 different usernames for online play, though this may change before release.

Quote:

I have another question regarding modding. If I wanted to make the heroes of a race other than the cuotl use the spellcast method rather than techtrack, what xml(s) would I have to modify and in what way?

A large number of them. I won't be able to answer specific questions regarding modding until the final release has shipped and I've had the opportunity to spend a few days in the scenario builders world. Expect a guide on what files do what sometime post-release.

Quote:

Is there an ETA on the 2nd demo that Tim Train spoke of in his statement?
And if so, will there be any new features such as multiplayer demo (please dear lord) besides bug fixes and performance improvements.

No ETA as of yet. I can't comment with absolute certainty about the contents of the next demo, but it has been mentioned that it might contain a multiplayer map. We'll have to see.

Taufiq Khan
Zekeling
posted 04-17-06 11:36 AM EDT (US)     744 / 1245       

Quote:

We have full clan support in Rise of Legends, though usernames aren't tagged. Instead, the full Clan name appears beneath the username to denote affiliation. Last I checked, one account could support up to 7 different usernames for online play, though this may change before release.

I love you even more GP, if that's even possible

Another question on the same topic:
Can each username be in a seperate clan?

★★★★★
Joeking14
Zekeling
posted 04-17-06 04:32 PM EDT (US)     745 / 1245       
Because so many mods let you play as the Coutl (Coult) can you include all 3 races in the next demo please.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!
_.+._
(^\/^\/^)
\@*@*@/
{_____}
BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN
Zekeling
posted 04-17-06 04:59 PM EDT (US)     746 / 1245       
I vote Greypawn for king.

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 04-17-06 05:34 PM EDT (US)     747 / 1245       
lol.... Kings arnt voted in tho, they have "divine right", if kings were voted in then where did all those massive dynasties come from in the middle ages? a lot of rigged elections lol?

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
DesertWalker
Zekeling
posted 04-17-06 08:45 PM EDT (US)     748 / 1245       
I have a question about trading. So do you get only one merchant ship (or whatever) when u build one merchant district or can u build more merchant ships from the merchant district? (I can't play the demo and so have no idea).

0000000000 DesertWalker 000000000000
Yay!ROL!!
BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN
Zekeling
posted 04-17-06 09:42 PM EDT (US)     749 / 1245       
Lol Storm legion, my quote is a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which is a satire on medieval life in general, where peasants form "anarcho syndicalist communes"( satirising communism I guess) and claim they are being "repressed". One of said villagers asks Arthur why they should bother obeying him, and his reply is
"I'm your King"
the response "I didn't vote for you"
"Stupid woman, you don't vote for Kings"
"How'd you become King then?"
"The lady of the lake, her arm clad in glimering shamite..." (there's alot more). (this being a parody of teh feudal system and "divine right")

Youmay not know of Monty Python, but if you've played Worms, the Holy Hand Grenade comes from the Holy Grail film. For more info, go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python

Soz mate don't know how to hyperlink on these forums.

Other notable things from that movie are the Killer Rabbit and the phrase "It's only a flesh wound"

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 04-17-06 10:02 PM EDT (US)     750 / 1245       
i saw part of a monty python film, something like an office buildings being taken over and all the employees becoming bloodthirsty pirates with rulars, pencils and staplers, and then raiding other office blocks by boarding them (lol, that one was funny)

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames