You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
JediJacenSolo
Zekeling
posted 01-09-06 08:37 PM EDT (US)     101 / 1245       
That'd be awesome. You have this technological Vinci city, and suddenly, the ground under it caves away, revealing a swirling pool of normal ma- er, dust and stuff, and the Vinci city remains floating in the air.

Is the gaming structure going to be basically the same? Modding RoN was unbelievably easy and if it is so again, RoL will make a huge impression. Will the art folder still be just a folder, full of .TGA's? And, what version of Max are ya'll using?

Argalius
Zekeling
posted 01-10-06 02:42 AM EDT (US)     102 / 1245       

Quote:

I just got here! And I don't intend on going anywhere else at the moment. You might be thinking of my predecessor, Mr. Graham Somers, who went on to work with Ensemble Studios.

Oh, I guess you're right, sorry.

Do you guys think that if you can run AoE3 decently that you can also run RoL? I do think... and hope.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades

[This message has been edited by Argalius (edited 01-10-2006 @ 02:43 AM).]

Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 01-10-06 11:13 AM EDT (US)     103 / 1245       
"Stephanouk let slip details of the third playable race, an as-yet-unnamed culture inspired by the Mayans. Invaders from another planet, they have technology so far advanced that it seems like magic compared to the Vinciís. (The single-player campaign has you trying to unravel what this alien race is up to.)"

Can we please have a picture of a Mayaish city? If this is true, why haven't you had it taken down?

Quote from WH_demoneyekyo: "I would say u need more thinking playing "Go" then u would playing chess."

[This message has been edited by Zeusmeister (edited 01-10-2006 @ 11:24 AM).]

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 01-10-06 02:14 PM EDT (US)     104 / 1245       

Quote:

When you conquer a city, say if you're the Alin will the look of the city change so it floats, or remain the same?

No, the city of the conquered populace will retain its home race appearance. The exception to this of course, are neutral cities, which wholly adopt the conquering race's style.

Quote:

Is the gaming structure going to be basically the same? Modding RoN was unbelievably easy and if it is so again, RoL will make a huge impression. Will the art folder still be just a folder, full of .TGA's? And, what version of Max are ya'll using?

Relatively the same, yes. And from the discussions I have had with the map and editor folks, modding RoL will even be easier than it was in RoN. I don't have any of the specifics at hand, but we're probably going to maintain a library of modding information and tutorials on the BHG site sometime after launch.

Quote:

Do you guys think that if you can run AoE3 decently that you can also run RoL? I do think... and hope.

Yes, but I can't say absolutely until minimum and recommended requirements have been announced.

KIWI_KiLLaHerTz
Zekeling
posted 01-10-06 04:34 PM EDT (US)     105 / 1245       
can you answer questions on online gameplaying yet? if so, with what system will we play - gamespy again?

[This message has been edited by KIWI_KiLLaHerTz (edited 01-10-2006 @ 04:34 PM).]

Shaw DA MAN
Zekeling
posted 01-11-06 00:16 AM EDT (US)     106 / 1245       
Thanx greypawn!

another Q:In rise of nations conquer the world mode, there was bonus cards. Will there be an equivalent in rise of legends? And (this has probably been asked already) but will there be "wonders"? Thanx!

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 01-11-06 12:56 PM EDT (US)     107 / 1245       

Quote:

can you answer questions on online gameplaying yet? if so, with what system will we play - gamespy again?

This is actually still difficult to answer. We *are* using the Gamespy SDK, but we aren't using the Gamespy Arcade. Multiplayer features and matchmaking in RoL has come a long way from what it was in RoN, and we've spent considerable time and effort into ensuring that the muliplayer experience is seamless.

Quote:

another Q:In rise of nations conquer the world mode, there was bonus cards. Will there be an equivalent in rise of legends? And (this has probably been asked already) but will there be "wonders"? Thanx!

There is a similar equivalent in the way that districts can be built in CTW and provide resources for new armies, upgrades and more. I don't believe there will be "wonders" as there were in RoN, but its probably too early to say for certain.

Argalius
Zekeling
posted 01-11-06 02:02 PM EDT (US)     108 / 1245       
GreyPawn, you're really doing a great job with all the answering of our questions. Will you marry me?

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 01-11-06 04:10 PM EDT (US)     109 / 1245       

Quote:

GreyPawn, you're really doing a great job with all the answering of our questions. Will you marry me?

No can do! As a Community Relations Manager, I am AFGNCAAP (Pronounced "aff gan cap"). Ageless, Faceless, Gender-Neutral Culturally-Ambiguous Adventure Person.

Plus, I snore. As an aside, keep a sharp eye on the official site this week and next, as we'll be posting a sign-up for our new Community Newsletter "The Clockwork Times". Its a don't-miss read!

--GreyPawn

JediJacenSolo
Zekeling
posted 01-11-06 05:57 PM EDT (US)     110 / 1245       
Could you hire Rohag for that? He's good at that kinda thing
indus_raider
Zekeling
posted 01-11-06 06:47 PM EDT (US)     111 / 1245       
Hey Mr. greypawn.....

There is a website claming that the 3rd race is like the advanced mayans(or aztecs)

I just read in the other forum(you might have noticed it)

.....All of us at HG would like to hear from you in this regard???

Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 01-11-06 07:28 PM EDT (US)     112 / 1245       
That is the third race, but since no more is known than that one little sentence, I don't think you're gonna get a response.

At the beginning and end of the official trailer, what appears to be a hero from the third race is shown up close. Is that an in-game render? At the end the lanterns on the beast dynamically cast light on the ground. Does the game have dynamic light sources or was that stuff juiced up for the trailer?

Maybe you can't answer this, but is the multiplayer done through a web site or is it in-game like ESO? (I never played Rise of Nations online because my router didn't like it.)

Quote from WH_demoneyekyo: "I would say u need more thinking playing "Go" then u would playing chess."

[This message has been edited by Zeusmeister (edited 01-11-2006 @ 08:00 PM).]

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 01-12-06 05:41 PM EDT (US)     113 / 1245       

Quote:

I don't think you're gonna get a response.

In the words of the incomparable Damon Wayans- "Homie don't play 'dat." As I said near the beginning of the thread, if you ask, you shall receive an answer.

Quote:

Hey Mr. greypawn.....
There is a website claming that the 3rd race is like the advanced mayans(or aztecs)
I just read in the other forum(you might have noticed it)
.....All of us at HG would like to hear from you in this regard???

You are probably referring to this article, no? I can confirm the article, but I can share nothing more about the mysterious third race at this time.

Quote:

At the beginning and end of the official trailer, what appears to be a hero from the third race is shown up close. Is that an in-game render? At the end the lanterns on the beast dynamically cast light on the ground. Does the game have dynamic light sources or was that stuff juiced up for the trailer?

Maybe you can't answer this, but is the multiplayer done through a web site or is it in-game like ESO? (I never played Rise of Nations online because my router didn't like it.)

That is not an in-game render at the end of the trailer. The game engine does fully support dynamic light sources, however they won't be featured in Rise of Legends at release. The multiplayer feature is done through an in-game interface and it will be using UDP technology, so your router will probably run the game online without a problem.

TheGoodEvil
Zekeling
posted 01-12-06 05:55 PM EDT (US)     114 / 1245       
When will the beta be released?

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 01-13-06 09:50 AM EDT (US)     115 / 1245       

Quote:

When will the beta be released?

Our publisher Microsoft is handling the beta testing for RoL, and they are finishing up on the first phase now. The second larger phase of testing is set to begin sometime mid/late-January.

Argalius
Zekeling
posted 01-13-06 01:51 PM EDT (US)     116 / 1245       
And that will probably be US only... bleh.

EDIT: It might be asked too much, but could it be possible that we'd get a sample of the music?

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H

[This message has been edited by Argalius (edited 01-14-2006 @ 06:55 AM).]

Lord Kefka
Zekeling
posted 01-14-06 08:48 AM EDT (US)     117 / 1245       
Do you have any idea when we'll be seeing more trailers or gameplay movies?
Jonathon Clark
Zekeling
posted 01-15-06 01:53 PM EDT (US)     118 / 1245       

Quote:

No, the city of the conquered populace will retain its home race appearance.

So, when we "conquer" a city, we will only gain it's tech tree? Like in command and conquer, with mechanics etc...

St Jimmy
Angel face and a taste for suicidal
Coatlicue
Zekeling
posted 01-15-06 02:01 PM EDT (US)     119 / 1245       
Are we going to see werewolves? I think they are highly underrated. Oh yeah, and can you give us some examples of th powers of vinci heroes?

Your communist friend,
Coatlicue

proud owner of Heirkles' Golden Anklet of Mass hysteria

Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 01-17-06 11:28 AM EDT (US)     120 / 1245       
When Alin buildings get destroyed does the ground under them heal?

GreyPawn I need to see another screenshot! It is time!

LordAvenger
Zekeling
posted 01-17-06 11:37 AM EDT (US)     121 / 1245       
GreyPawn, What do you personally think about balance between races in game?

Do you know if there will be multiplayer option in demo or not?

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 01-17-06 12:56 PM EDT (US)     122 / 1245       

Quote:

EDIT: It might be asked too much, but could it be possible that we'd get a sample of the music?

Quote:

Do you have any idea when we'll be seeing more trailers or gameplay movies?

Very soon we will be conducting what will be called "Community Tuesdays" where we will be releasing assets like music, renders, screenshots and teasers to the community through sites like RoL Heaven, RoL Oracle and Masters League. Keep an eye peeled for new exciting content coming from BHG about Rise of Legends!

Quote:

So, when we "conquer" a city, we will only gain it's tech tree? Like in command and conquer, with mechanics etc...

Nope. You can't access enemy technology trees, buildings or units. You *can* capture their cities and use them to your own ends.

Quote:

Are we going to see werewolves? I think they are highly underrated. Oh yeah, and can you give us some examples of th powers of vinci heroes?

There are no werewolves in the game, but there are quite a large number of "living world" creatures that the player can interact with. As for Vinci hero powers, Giacomo's Augmentation ability is a fine example of one. When activated, it heals all Vinci robotic units in an area of effect. Another is his Sonic Blast, which knocks enemies off their feet and stuns them for a period of time.

Quote:

When Alin buildings get destroyed does the ground under them heal?
GreyPawn I need to see another screenshot! It is time!

Yes, it does, but this and other cosmetic features are naturally subject to change. And it is about time for another screenshot! Lets see what we can wrassle up.

Quote:

GreyPawn, What do you personally think about balance between races in game?
Do you know if there will be multiplayer option in demo or not?

Multiplayer in demo is undetermined at this time. My personal thoughts regarding balance is that it is integral to the proper function of any good RTS. Making certain that each race has its appropriate strengths and weaknesses is of tantamount importance, and balancing is definitely one of BHG's major focuses.

Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 01-17-06 01:44 PM EDT (US)     123 / 1245       
Today can be the first community Tuesday. Please give us stuff.

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 01-17-06 07:31 PM EDT (US)     124 / 1245       
Today can should be the first community Tuesday. Please give us stuff.
Zeusmeister
Zekeling
posted 01-17-06 09:55 PM EDT (US)     125 / 1245       
Today can should be the first community Tuesday. Please give us stuff.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames