You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36 37 38 39 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 05-02-06 08:35 AM EDT (US)     926 / 1245       
Notice how I'm asking a lot less questions now that I've been getting my grubby paws on the game ^___^.

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
Rectifier
Zekeling
posted 05-02-06 08:59 AM EDT (US)     927 / 1245       
evolved i see your situation

here is the name of the utility
""FinalBIG Version 0.2 ""
released March 5th, 2003.Copyright by Matthias Wagner 2003

just type in google or any other search engine. i used it for opening c&c:generals:zer hour .big files
its totaly free

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 05-02-06 11:08 AM EDT (US)     928 / 1245       

Quote:

Yey! Yey!
Could you tell us a utility or way of extracting the .bigs? Please? Pretty please? Or I won't let you have my Zeke Land Mod

Newp, 'fraid not.

Quote:

Will you still release the Game on DVD as well?

That's a decision left up to our publisher, Microsoft.

Quote:

Greypawn, instead of giving Game Replays all the exclusive interviews, could this site have a few exclusives please? Done by instant messenger, even!

Certainly! Ask and you shall receive. Though, e-mail is preferred.

Quote:

Are those five heroes as unique as the 3 default heroes?
Like will they have there own powers and models etc.

There are far more than just five unique heroes in the campaign. There's a cast of dozens. Each unique with their own powers, models, and roles.

Quote:

Just to clarify, will the game have a selection menu and separete folder for mods, so that we dont have to overwrite other mods, like in RoN? The way you described it I am not sure if thats still the case.

There is a menu option in-game under Utilities & Information that allows you to launch custom setup files and custom campaigns. Additionally, with the way big files are stored and xmls take priority only in single-player, modders can mod to their hearts content without affecting the way the "legal" multiplayer online game is handled on regular maps.

Quote:

Is this just me not used to the animations, or something specific to the demo? I'd swear the various teaser movies shown up to this point have shown units with a higher level of detail on all unit animations, but I'm just not seeing it ingame. It doesn't seem to be an overall framerate issue, this demo runs fine, just a unit animation issue.

If your computer can handle it, I'd recommend turning Anti-Aliasing on in the options menu, and sliding the slider all the way over to "Look Better". Making sure you have the correct up to date video drivers and DirectX is also important for optimum display quality in RoL.

Quote:

GreyPawn when u say free camera do u mean that we cannot rotate and zoom anymore with out modding it into the game?
And (this is probably a yes, but...)can the comps. at BHG or the one that u use play RoL at max. settings? If so how much did ur comp. cost?=)

By "Free Camera" I meant the special development cam that would remove restrictions on zoom level. You can still zoom in and out and rotate/tilt as per normal.

Quote:

Notice how I'm asking a lot less questions now that I've been getting my grubby paws on the game

I've noticed!

Taufiq Khan
Zekeling
(id: Shala_T)
posted 05-02-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)     929 / 1245       
His grubby paws?

★★★★★
ChaosMaster130
Zekeling
posted 05-02-06 05:00 PM EDT (US)     930 / 1245       
So the free camera is gone!?!? Ah man I liked it, Due to the fact that the game is a bit too zoomed in for my taste.

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 05-02-06 05:35 PM EDT (US)     931 / 1245       
Change to Extended cam, it helps a bit, but is still too zoomed in IMHO.

Greypawn, any chance of getting a "save game" option for when a connection is dropped in MP? Then the ability to reload that game again later and continue it?

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
icedrake8
Zekeling
posted 05-02-06 06:20 PM EDT (US)     932 / 1245       
What/if any balance changes have been made since Demo2? If that's too many to list, what changes have been made due to an outcry from the public?

"Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming wind
Auguries of Destruction be a lullaby for Rebirth"

Proud Leader of the Order of Champions - OoC_Wolf

Bridger
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 02:08 AM EDT (US)     933 / 1245       
Hey GP, is there a chat lobby for people who are looking for custom games. I saw a screen shot earlier and the custom games interface looks very similer to the "find lan games" screen with no chat. Unless that double bracket button in the top right is the chat window?

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
FoxLegend
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 10:41 AM EDT (US)     934 / 1245       
Hmm, a slightly more difficult technical question, GreyPawn.

What shadermodel will your card have to support to activate HDR effects? Is a SM 2b compatible card enough or will it have to be a Shader-model 3 compatible card?
Also, will the HDR work with AA(AntiAliasing) on ATI card or not? Asking because there were slight trouble with that in Oblivion

And this is why I said, put "Slain by pope Benedict with Excalibur" on the obituary. - Roadkill the Cat
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 11:58 AM EDT (US)     935 / 1245       
is the demo what we get in the real game? with patches to come? cos i really would like to suggest perhaps making summon army for the alin a teeny little bit stronger, i notice that it's not just me who finds alin easier to beat than the vinci

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
TheGoodEvil
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 12:05 PM EDT (US)     936 / 1245       
Alin are not "easier" to beat In fact I find Alin a bit strong... but that's just me.

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 12:18 PM EDT (US)     937 / 1245       
They're only easier on AI strength below tough.

With Players, it varies on tactic and experience.

GreyPawn
Hero
posted 05-03-06 12:50 PM EDT (US)     938 / 1245       

Quote:

Greypawn, any chance of getting a "save game" option for when a connection is dropped in MP? Then the ability to reload that game again later and continue it?

A valid suggestion, I'll pass this along to the design team.

Quote:

What/if any balance changes have been made since Demo2? If that's too many to list, what changes have been made due to an outcry from the public?

A few minor balance changes have been made since the demo2 build based on feedback from players, beta testers, balance testers and QA. There hasn't been an outcry from the public for any specific balance changes, but if there was to be one, we would certainly consider it as candidate for a future patch.

Quote:

Hey GP, is there a chat lobby for people who are looking for custom games. I saw a screen shot earlier and the custom games interface looks very similer to the "find lan games" screen with no chat. Unless that double bracket button in the top right is the chat window?

There is, called "General Chat" which is accessed through the chat rooms tab in the Community Browser in multiplayer. Though, keep in mind that the interface is designed to minimize the need for jumping into a chat room to find a game.

Quote:

What shadermodel will your card have to support to activate HDR effects? Is a SM 2b compatible card enough or will it have to be a Shader-model 3 compatible card?
Also, will the HDR work with AA(AntiAliasing) on ATI card or not? Asking because there were slight trouble with that in Oblivion

The BigHugeEngine fully supports HDR, but we decided against integrating in directly into Rise of Legends due to performance and other optimization considerations.

Quote:

is the demo what we get in the real game? with patches to come? cos i really would like to suggest perhaps making summon army for the alin a teeny little bit stronger, i notice that it's not just me who finds alin easier to beat than the vinci

WYSIWYG, with the exception of the excluded features and a few last-minute balance changes. We'll be releasing patches as needed to keep up to date with hardware changes and to catch any balance issues that might crop up post-release.

icedrake8
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 01:27 PM EDT (US)     939 / 1245       
Okay...how about postgame chat? This is somethign I'm really missing, I must say. I always thought it was neat in especially the Age games where you could discuss the game with your allies and opponents while viewing the map and even the achievements. Any chance this will make it in?

"Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming wind
Auguries of Destruction be a lullaby for Rebirth"

Proud Leader of the Order of Champions - OoC_Wolf

storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 01:47 PM EDT (US)     940 / 1245       
i guess its jsut that i play alin more so find them easier to beat... but i play on tough and tougher , sometimes toughest so it can't be i've just got the difficulty low

btw, any way of turning shadows on without having the shader level on "high" or above?

Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 02:15 PM EDT (US)     941 / 1245       
I just tried a toughest game against a vinci as the alin, and vice-versa, and I have to admit, either, as one very very very clever person suggested, the Alin are not the Rushers, or we are creating it oursleves by how much we like the races.
FoxLegend
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 02:18 PM EDT (US)     942 / 1245       

Quote:

The BigHugeEngine fully supports HDR, but we decided against integrating in directly into Rise of Legends due to performance and other optimization considerations.

Ermmm.... why go... err, BHG did you do that? You could always simply make a markup to deactivate it, ya know. Even if it took a gf 7900/x1900 to use it. -.-

Another question, what kinds of differences will owners of Shader-model 2/2b/3 experience? Some side by side screenshots would be nice

And this is why I said, put "Slain by pope Benedict with Excalibur" on the obituary. - Roadkill the Cat
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 05-03-06 04:55 PM EDT (US)     943 / 1245       
Can u play with mods in multiplayer like in RoN for those who still wanna do that in custom settings? say i wanna make a golfing mod (just as an example) and have multiplayer allowed can i do that still? in your other reply it sounds like only single player is allowing mods?
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 08:38 PM EDT (US)     944 / 1245       
how many secrets are being kept about the game besides the ctw

Rol pwns
need i say more
tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 10:09 PM EDT (US)     945 / 1245       
a golfing mod? that sounds fun wonder if someone could do that?

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
CarlosF
Zekeling
posted 05-03-06 11:41 PM EDT (US)     946 / 1245       
The Encyclopedia of Aio will be in English only or it also will be available in other language??

If this happens, can "EAJUEGOS"; a Spanish web of RTS games, translate it without any problem??

Another of my questions is about the community sites you have in your web... "EAJUEGOS" was part of it, but somehow it vanish. Can we get back so people who talk Spanish can join the web??

P.D. : thatís all grey happy "GAME LAUNCH" just a couple of days, ok it may takes more then that

P.D. 2: I apologize for my bad English

I came, I saw, I conquered
-Julius Caesar-
EAJUEGOS

[This message has been edited by CArlosF (edited 05-03-2006 @ 11:58 PM).]

Neowulf
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 01:44 AM EDT (US)     947 / 1245       

One thing that's slowly become apparent to me is the apparent lack of personality the units have.

Before flaming me, hear me out. I *love* this game. I love the graphic style and the play mechanics. I've already got my copy on pre-order.

The only reason I mention it is I was playing Dawn of War the other day and while the game is relatively shallow compared to RoL in terms of strategic choices, the units themselves really feel alive.

Between battle cries, acknowledgements and death animations, the game really comes to life sometimes and shows off so much personality.

From what I've experienced from RoL so far, I just don't *get* an impression of what the units are like, or the kind of personality they might have. Even the hero's don't display any kind of personality.

Is this something that's addressed in the single player campaign?

~Neowulf.

Doggiedoodle
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 02:53 AM EDT (US)     948 / 1245       
Lol. The above post is why units should have voice overs.

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

Timeless_OmO
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 03:18 AM EDT (US)     949 / 1245       
I fully agree with the two previous posters. This game is so fantastic that I can over look this, but it's definitely a BHG weakness, no offense intended. The second demo does sound better than the first, though, and I like the ambient noises like birds calling in the distance. But the units have no character and when you right click to attack you hear this weak sort of farting noise. Don't know what's up with that. RoN suffered the same thing. Units made clicks and what not, rather than having cool voice overs. Blizzard is king of this, but DoW was a decent example as well, only DoW is like checkers depth wise compared to this. Overall, I think RoL is one of the very best rts games ever made.
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 05:33 AM EDT (US)     950 / 1245       
it would add a lot to the atmosphere, but if BHG can't do it right now, then i'm sure some modders can get to work? i could help with modifying the sounds (audio cleaner... my photoshop for sound )

oh and is it possible to play online games with mini mods? like the above which changes sound effects on your comp? or to play online with all the normal players you have to use a vanilla version of the game?

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36 37 38 39 40 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames