You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman, Aurilux

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1245 replies
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Questions for BHG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions for BHG!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37 38 39 40 41 ··· 50  Next Page »
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 12-19-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)         
Put Your Questions for BHG Here!
AuthorReplies:
icedrake8
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 06:32 AM EDT (US)     951 / 1245       
I also agree with Timeless and those before him. As he pointed out...Blizzard is the king of voiceovers lol. "*Ring ring* No no no I've told you a thousand times I'm a Dreadlord, not a druglord" all with vampiric accent. Omfg funny. Sorry..spazzed a bit there.

There are some sounds, like Musketeers have a chink chink sound (loading guns? not sure), but it's nothing like it should be IMO.

Note that I also love the game a lot *covers rear from being charr broiled*. I don't have it on pre-order because I have bad experiences with pre-orders...I get it like a month and a half after it's released :X But I'm going to go out to my local EBGames and buy it the day it comes out

Anyways, voiceovers don't make the game, but they'd be a nice thing if possible.

"Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming wind
Auguries of Destruction be a lullaby for Rebirth"

Proud Leader of the Order of Champions - OoC_Wolf

Taufiq Khan
Zekeling
(id: Shala_T)
posted 05-04-06 06:45 AM EDT (US)     952 / 1245       
Theoretically, If you could make any expansion to this game, would you rather include a new civilisation or just expand the current ones?

★★★★★
I Am Hollywood
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 10:11 AM EDT (US)     953 / 1245       
I agree with the voices for units thing,
I played Starcraft, Warcraft and DoW,

All of which had random unit noises or saying which
added SO much depth, because it gave you a feel for the
units personality.

I remember when I first heard the Protoss,
I was blown away

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Machiavelli*

Oh it hurts to be this good.
TheGoodEvil
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 10:28 AM EDT (US)     954 / 1245       

Quote:

Okay...how about postgame chat?

Click "examine map" in the post game menu and you will be brought back to the map and be able to type to each other.

About the sounds... I totally agree its a huge weakness in RoL... I mentioned it a few times in the beta that the units have no personality. I can understand the clockwork units not having voice overs but for many of the units it's just random moans, farts, and grunts

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

GRUNT
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 11:37 AM EDT (US)     955 / 1245       
I think it's a hallmark of the RoN games for units to make weird sound effects when you click on them :P.

However yeah- with RoN, it was ok because the game was about epic empire building. But with a universe as unique as RoL, it would have benefited from units with more personality- especially since they already come with so much! It would certainly have lured more casual players into the game.

I still love it, though ^_^.

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
icedrake8
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 12:02 PM EDT (US)     956 / 1245       
Actually TGE we all at Orion thought that as well, unfortunately it doesn't work. We can't hear each other at all :-/

BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 12:26 PM EDT (US)     957 / 1245       
I'm playing DoW, and as the orcs, there's some unit that goes 'sod off!'which just makes me piss myself laughing everytime I hear that.

BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN, last of the Azrac warriors.
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 12:32 PM EDT (US)     958 / 1245       
i wanna hear what Zeke would say :P

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
GreyPawn
Hero
posted 05-04-06 01:41 PM EDT (US)     959 / 1245       

Quote:

btw, any way of turning shadows on without having the shader level on "high" or above?

To do that, you'll want to use the "Custom" setting in the options menu.

Quote:

Okay...how about postgame chat? This is somethign I'm really missing, I must say. I always thought it was neat in especially the Age games where you could discuss the game with your allies and opponents while viewing the map and even the achievements. Any chance this will make it in?

Good suggestion, I'll pass it along to the dev team!

Quote:

Ermmm.... why go... err, BHG did you do that? You could always simply make a markup to deactivate it, ya know. Even if it took a gf 7900/x1900 to use it. -.-

Another question, what kinds of differences will owners of Shader-model 2/2b/3 experience? Some side by side screenshots would be nice

We might consider HDR for the future.

Shader model differences between 2/2b/3 aren't markedly noticable in RoL - not enough for a comparative analysis.

Quote:

Can u play with mods in multiplayer like in RoN for those who still wanna do that in custom settings? say i wanna make a golfing mod (just as an example) and have multiplayer allowed can i do that still? in your other reply it sounds like only single player is allowing mods?

Quote:

oh and is it possible to play online games with mini mods? like the above which changes sound effects on your comp? or to play online with all the normal players you have to use a vanilla version of the game?

Online multiplayer maps will use the default basic unmodded release, since all the original files are stored unmodified in bigs, and all the mods are made in "first priority" xml files. Whereas Singleplayer goes for the xmls first, multiplayer goes for the bigs. The result is a more stable experience, that still allows extensive modding in the game directory and an install that doesn't require reversions or reinstalls to play online.

Quote:

The Encyclopedia of Aio will be in English only or it also will be available in other language??
If this happens, can "EAJUEGOS"; a Spanish web of RTS games, translate it without any problem??

Another of my questions is about the community sites you have in your web... "EAJUEGOS" was part of it, but somehow it vanish. Can we get back so people who talk Spanish can join the web??

At release, the Encyclopedia Aio website will only be available in English. The fansite "EAJUEGOS" went offline, and so was removed from the community sites listing.

Quote:

Between battle cries, acknowledgements and death animations, the game really comes to life sometimes and shows off so much personality.

Is this something that's addressed in the single player campaign?

Many RTSers actually find unit voice responses to be an annoying distraction during gameplay, and a detractor from the game's overall value. The singleplayer campaign does have a sizable amount of voiceover that helps to narrate the storyline and quests you encounter, though units themselves do not individually possess voice responses to commands issued in the game.

TheGoodEvil
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 02:13 PM EDT (US)     960 / 1245       
Nothing is more annoying than hearing "WAHHH WAAA" every time I select giacomo...

I will be looking forward to voice over mods

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

icedrake8
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 02:20 PM EDT (US)     961 / 1245       
Ditto lol...where did you hear that Greypawn? lol

Taufiq Khan
Zekeling
(id: Shala_T)
posted 05-04-06 03:09 PM EDT (US)     962 / 1245       
Clicking Sawu scares me

★★★★★
I Am Hollywood
Zekeling
posted 05-04-06 10:10 PM EDT (US)     963 / 1245       
I agree entirely with TGE.
I never once found vocal unit response annoying in any RTS.

Its understandable to not have them in RoN,
with all the same unit types and you would have to have
tons of languages etc.

But for RoL, I think it would add immensely to it.

Personally I think the wierd Heartseeker noise
and the annoying march noises that come from the infantry far more irritating then if I got a simple response.

Other then that RoL is stellar,
But without voice overs it seems like your leading mindless drones, not a living, thinking army.

Oh and another thing,
You say that many RTS players find voice overs annoying?
Well, DoW (as an example) simply provides an option to
turn off unit voice overs.

Seems simple enough.

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Machiavelli*

Oh it hurts to be this good.

[This message has been edited by I Am Hollywood (edited 05-05-2006 @ 06:34 PM).]

Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 05-04-06 10:26 PM EDT (US)     964 / 1245       
Will you be able to create new animations for units through modding?

icedrake8
Zekeling
posted 05-05-06 08:33 AM EDT (US)     965 / 1245       
Clan you tell us anything more about the clan support? I.e. how does recrtuing a new member work, is there a mandatory trial period that can be changed in length, is there a built in leader/senator structure, etc.

Sinn
Zekeling
posted 05-05-06 09:31 AM EDT (US)     966 / 1245       
Does the final version have unlimited zoom (in and out)/tilt for watching replays? I think it would be a fantastic experience to allow this freedom when watching replays to enjoy the incredible graphics the that developers have put so much effort into.
Bridger
Zekeling
posted 05-05-06 05:56 PM EDT (US)     967 / 1245       
I'd also like to know, why was the zoom so limited? Is there any reason other than "performance" (which is unacceptable IMHO, seems just like a cheap trick to lower system requirements if that's the only reason).

It would be more playable if you could zoom out a bit more, even if it meant turning down some of the settings i wouldn't really mind I don't think.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN
Zekeling
posted 05-05-06 06:25 PM EDT (US)     968 / 1245       
Hell, turn based games of 2003 (Thinking Age of Wonders here) had larger zoom (not that you needed it at all).

Funny story, a female friend of mine came down in the middle of a game, and wanted to play. So I loaded up the ice map, put the opponent to easy, and let her play around.

After 5 minutes (was cooking) she was being outproduced, and was very confused. So I ahd to hold her hand and explain simple concepts like building up your city.

This leads me to my next question, will there be a tutorial map? I know the CTW will work well as a good intro and therefore tutorial, but I was thinking a specific map.

If not, I guess I will just have to make one.

BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN, last of the Azrac warriors.
storm legion
Zekeling
posted 05-05-06 07:10 PM EDT (US)     969 / 1245       
age of wonders 2 was great i always liked having a huge underground goblin empire :P

OT tho, any idea when encyclopedia Aio is gonna go live?

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
tactickiller
Zekeling
posted 05-05-06 11:12 PM EDT (US)     970 / 1245       
ok well my question is will there be more then 1 CTW?
and i think i also know the anwser to Pepsidude_123 question. I think i asked this before and its the same as in RON. im pretty sure that it uses BH3 files and TGA files. So you would need to buy the like 600 model program. correct me if im wrong.

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
Evolved
Zekeling
posted 05-06-06 02:59 AM EDT (US)     971 / 1245       
There is 3 campaigns.

The demo reveals a Vinci Campaign, an Alin Campaign and a Cuotl Campaign.

However, there *could* be one more we don't know about that is in the game or will be patched in. (Hint Hint BHG, think about making a simple war campaign (vinci, alin, cuotl nations fighting each other).

FoxLegend
Zekeling
posted 05-06-06 08:29 PM EDT (US)     972 / 1245       
Shader model differences between 2/2b/3 aren't markedly noticable in RoL - not enough for a comparative analysis.

So that means even us 2b owners will get Timonium fields and galss golems like this? The edge lighting on those golems is very purdy
http://www.rtsgamejunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/victory.jpg
And Alin cities looking like this?
http://www.rtsgamejunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/CoV.jpg

*draws breath*

I guess yes because normally lighting, except for HDR isn't shader dependant but you can never be sure enough... especially when considering a $250 investment based on it

And this is why I said, put "Slain by pope Benedict with Excalibur" on the obituary. - Roadkill the Cat
Electrical storm
Zekeling
posted 05-07-06 06:41 PM EDT (US)     973 / 1245       
besides junge sand and ice what other map types will there
be
will there be one that havent been use in any other rts

Rol pwns
need i say more

[This message has been edited by Electrical storm (edited 05-07-2006 @ 06:42 PM).]

code255
Zekeling
posted 05-07-06 07:40 PM EDT (US)     974 / 1245       
I've got aquestion...

Will there be online servers for all major geographical regions (Americas, Europe, Asia), or will there be some other way of finding other players to play with whom one will have a good latency to?

[This message has been edited by code255 (edited 05-07-2006 @ 07:41 PM).]

eman1
Zekeling
posted 05-08-06 08:49 AM EDT (US)     975 / 1245       
GreyPawn, this is kinda off topic, but I just wanted you to forward this question to Brian, I was wonndering what server/name he was for WoW... I read that he played it somewhere... IF it is a personal matter ok
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37 38 39 40 41 ··· 50  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames